NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Week 12 Waiver Wire

oresteszero

56 minutes ago, ESquared said:

With Wandale out, any interest in good ol' Richie James in deeper PPR leagues? He was fairly usable at the start of the season when Wandale was out.

My friend, even in the deeper PPR leagues, I think you'll find much better options than Rhondel James Jr.  So far (in PPR), Mr. James has two contests with negative numbers and one with a goose egg, and he's nursing an injury.  Slayton's gonna be the only viable fantasy WR for NYG with Wandale out of the picture, and even he isn't all that enticing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

Who knows what happens in Denver.  Marlon Mack could even become a thing at some point.  I'd check in on Edmonds' health and consider him as well since outside of Boone he's the likely receiver in that backfield.

Sounds like Edmonds is out with high ankle sprain 

2 hours ago, The Joey Harringtons said:

My friend, even in the deeper PPR leagues, I think you'll find much better options than Rhondel James Jr.  So far (in PPR), Mr. James has two contests with negative numbers and one with a goose egg, and he's nursing an injury.  Slayton's gonna be the only viable fantasy WR for NYG with Wandale out of the picture, and even he isn't all that enticing.

You must not play in many deep leagues if you think you can find "much better options". Unless the likes of AJ Green and Robbie Anderson and Marquis Goodwin and Russell Gage excite you. Often waiver wires are barren. Like I said, Richie James has had some productive weeks (Weeks 1, 2 and then again yesterday). Bringing up what he did - or what he didn't do I should say - with Wandale active is ignoring my actual point. Again, in a deep PPR league, I think James could be an interesting speculative pickup, understanding the lower ceiling in that offense.

Also Slayton has gone 6-79, 3-58-1, 5-66, 3-95,1 and 5-86 in 5 of the last 6 games. That's pretty dang enticing in a deep league.

Not sure where to ask this, but this thread seems most appropriate…

Does anyone know in ESPN app, if you have a player in your IR spot listed as out, you put in a bid for a ww move and the player in your IR spot loses their out tag…does the bid still go through?

I know on yahoo it still does as long as the person was rightfully on IR at the time the move was made. 

thanks

42 minutes ago, vikesrube said:

Not sure where to ask this, but this thread seems most appropriate…

Does anyone know in ESPN app, if you have a player in your IR spot listed as out, you put in a bid for a ww move and the player in your IR spot loses their out tag…does the bid still go through?

I know on yahoo it still does as long as the person was rightfully on IR at the time the move was made. 

thanks

Yes. 

https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035123032-How-does-the-Injured-Reserve-IR-slot-impact-Waiver-Claims-and-Free-Agent-Acquisitions-

•  If you have a player on your IR who becomes healthy in between when you made the waiver claim and when the claim processes, the claim will go through as normal.
    • You will still need to free up a roster slot before you can move the now healthy player out of the IR slot. 
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Any further word on Mixon for this week?  Seems likely he'll be Out of course but I'd hate to blow most of my minimal remaining FAAB on Perine only to find out that Mixon clears protocol and makes Perine worthless.

Unfortunately we probably won't know until Sunday or maybe end of the week at the earliest.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Not one plug for DeMarcus Robinson yet? Fairly shocked since he looked like the clear cut #1 for Jackson. 

I think he is just a guy.... that being said...a guy who took full advantage of his opportunity while the Defense was concentrated on Duvernay 2 of the last 3 weeks and also Andrews/Likely. He was just a role player on KC in the past and started the season as the #3 WR behind Bateman and Duvernay.

It seems like defenses focus in one WR and Mark Andrew's and the 3rd target gets peppered with targets lately as Duvernay cannot get separated as much as Bateman could.

If the next team they face loosens up on Duvernay, I could see a lot of the targets go there. No question that the #1 target is Andrews, though. 

I am not comfortable starting him due to the inconsistent production the last 3 weeks, but he is 100% worth grabbing off waivers to see if he will continue to be a consistent target.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Getting close to the playoffs, good idea to start stashing your handcuffs - Kenneth Gainwell, Boston Scott, Isaiah Spiller, Alex Mattison, Keontay Ingram, Eno Benjamin, Deon Jackson, Trestan Ebner, Matt Breida, Dontrell Hilliard, Dernest Johnson, Zamir White, AJ Dillon, Jamychal Hasty

strongly agree with this theory, but who are the guys that will become bellcows should the lead guy go down?  outside of dillon and mattison who are widely owned, which of these guys could be potential (apologies in advance) leeg winners....

48 minutes ago, iloveopenbar said:

One sleeper that I have my eye on is Aaron Rodgers. After week 12 in Philly, his schedule looks pretty good.

@Chi
Bye
Rams
@Mia
Min

Potential for lots of shootouts during the playoffs.

As much as I want to hate this suggestion it’s actually pretty good.  His new found connection with Watson helps too.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, iloveopenbar said:

One sleeper that I have my eye on is Aaron Rodgers. After week 12 in Philly, his schedule looks pretty good.

@Chi
Bye
Rams
@Mia
Min

Potential for lots of shootouts during the playoffs.

Not really a waiver wire add though. 81% owned in yahoo

• Like 1

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic