NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who to cut/trade?

charger_ss24

It's early, but in our league, we open up free trading to keep the league somewhat active in the offseason. We can keep any and all in our active lineup, but all those on the bench and on the IL must be cut a week before our auction/draft. Keeper values will come out beginning of the year, so I'm not terribly concerned about that right now. I have some ideas who will be cut/traded, but thought I'd pass it along here. My team is in my sig below. This team placed second for the second straight year.

Appreciate any thoughts! 

• 3 weeks later...

If you're having to wait on the keeper value, then I'm not really sure how you would determine who you want to keep and who to drop.  Sure, you can get some idea, but for those saying Ruiz is a drop, what if he's a 30th round keeper?  He's for sure a keeper at that value.

How is keeper value determined?  By ADP and you wait until closer to the season so ST can shake out some more accurate values?

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 2:23 PM, MrPink83 said:

How is keeper value determined?  By ADP and you wait until closer to the season so ST can shake out some more accurate values?

We use DiamondDraft to determine our keeper prices. Typically, we don't see prices until around the new year and lock them in first day of spring training.

Looking at my team and knowing who's all going up (kept Cease and Strider for a dime, picked up Harris as a FA last year) and mainstays such as Devers and Turner are being kept for premium prices, I'm guessing I will need to trim about five dollars (from a 26 dollar cap).

I'm going to have to move a big arm and/or a big bat at a minimum to get under the cap next year, it's just a matter of where I want to trim the fat from the active lineup.