NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nick Richards 2022-2023

13 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Ok, I picked him up based on YOUR say-so. If he flops, it’s on you. 
spacer.png

Lol well I'm in a 16 team 24 man league so. He's borderline untradable in my league lol

• Haha 3

On 10/20/2022 at 4:21 AM, pushaZ said:

He's a legit guy

Idk. It feels like we just making up names now. You can't be more generic and bland than a Nick Richards.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 1

I haven't watched Hornet's first two games, but what I can gather from the boxscore, the first game against the Spurs was a blowout, hence the mins, and as for the last night's game, Plumlee was in foul trouble.

I didn't find any articles regarding timeshare between him and Plumlee, and someone wrote on this forum that Clifford is not that open to giving his young unproven players high minutes. 

Def to wait a couple more games

On 10/22/2022 at 3:14 PM, GaryTMA said:

Def to wait a couple more games

Guy has put up 20/10 in 2 of his first 3 games.  Bigs like that can be league winners.  While youre waiting a couple more games he will be long gone in competitive leagues.

Seems very limited. Will the pick and roll + clean the glass work consistently even with minutes? Remains to be seen. I´ll let him rest in the waivers for now.

I watched the game and found him good actually. He was an instrumental part of the bench unit that got Charlotte back and go ahead. Very Vertical and a lot of energy, very simple game and I say it in a good way. Not trying to do too much, just what he was asked to and he was very good at it. He reminded me of a young Jarrett Allen. When Plumlee got back in the 4th, the game was already over. Plumlee was -7 and Richards +25 and I think that it reflects exactly their impact in this game. 

5 minutes ago, Buckley76 said:

I watched the game and found him good actually. He was an instrumental part of the bench unit that got Charlotte back and go ahead. Very Vertical and a lot of energy, very simple game and I say it in a good way. Not trying to do too much, just what he was asked to and he was very good at it. He reminded me of a young Jarrett Allen. When Plumlee got back in the 4th, the game was already over. Plumlee was -7 and Richards +25 and I think that it reflects exactly their impact in this game. 

Nick Richards is 5 months younger than Jarrett Allen. 

Hes very quick, especially for a big man. I'm very curious to see what happens when opposing teams have a bit more data on him and scouted him more.

Actually Jarrett Allen is 5 months younger ! What I was wondering was : is it "only" that the minutes weren't there before ? He always had someone in front of him as 2nd Center but now there seems a more clear path for minutes. 

• 5 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Given that Hart is a player, I think Hartenstein will need a better nickname than this. When I first read your comment I thought you were on crack comparing him to Josh Hart.

Lol. Same thought when I read it.

• Haha 1