NBC Sports EDGE Forums

BRANDON INGRAM OUTLOOK 2022-2023

BykeINIT

a bit if a down year last season.. 

who thinks he can get back to his all-star self and perhaps have his best season yet?

he just turned 25, which basically means he’s entering the beginning stages of his prime..

i feel like he’s a major sleeper despite leading the pelicans to the playoffs last year ..

wont be surprised to see a top 30 season from him. 

1 hour ago, BykeINIT said:

a bit if a down year last season.. 

who thinks he can get back to his all-star self and perhaps have his best season yet?

he just turned 25, which basically means he’s entering the beginning stages of his prime..

i feel like he’s a major sleeper despite leading the pelicans to the playoffs last year ..

wont be surprised to see a top 30 season from him. 

This is an interesting one hey. Everyone (including myself) have doubts because Cj and Zion take a lot of usage/shots away. It depends on if Ingram turns less shots into better %'s and starts playing some legit defence. Another big part of his value was his assists and i don't see him continuing at 5+ assists. I would love to be wrong as i love him and his career arc, but i think Zion is gonna try be that guy in New Orleans and it doesn't bode well for Ingram. He does have a fairly high floor though which makes him an easy take at his ADP.

Ingram ranking is lower than people expected due to his injury history, every season he started with some kind of minor injury that lead to missing games later. Ingram avg about 60ish  games played a season and 20 out of the 60 games he is not at full speed.

He's ranked outside the top 50 because he lacks the things on the fringes that makes the difference between a top 75 player and a top 30 player.  I expect 22/6/5 with 2 threes, which is pretty good if you gloss over the rest.  .6 steals/.6 blocks isn't very good and I dont expect that to improve given that his highest steals year was 1.0 which he did once.  His % are fine, though unremarkable.  High usage means he turns the ball over close to 3 times per game.  Low stocks, mediocre percentages, high TO isn't the recipe for a top 30 finish, at least not in 9 cat.  His popcorn stats are already as high as they will get so if he's going to improve then he will have to improve stocks for the first time in his career and get a bit more efficient.  But if you're strictly a H2H player and are naturally drawn to popcorn stats, I can see why you'd view him as a top 50 guy.  Even so, with Zion back his usage will go down, not up so I don't foresee him improving much from his finish last year which was 72nd.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

He's ranked outside the top 50 because he lacks the things on the fringes that makes the difference between a top 75 player and a top 30 player.  I expect 22/6/5 with 2 threes, which is pretty good if you gloss over the rest.  .6 steals/.6 blocks isn't very good and I dont expect that to improve given that his highest steals year was 1.0 which he did once.  His % are fine, though unremarkable.  High usage means he turns the ball over close to 3 times per game.  Low stocks, mediocre percentages, high TO isn't the recipe for a top 30 finish, at least not in 9 cat.  His popcorn stats are already as high as they will get so if he's going to improve then he will have to improve stocks for the first time in his career and get a bit more efficient.  But if you're strictly a H2H player and are naturally drawn to popcorn stats, I can see why you'd view him as a top 50 guy.  Even so, with Zion back his usage will go down, not up so I don't foresee him improving much from his finish last year which was 72nd.  

Yep.  Can’t see the upside with BI.  I’m a 9-cat H2H guy myself and his lack of stocks and high TO’s are rather unappealing.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 80version said:

Yep.  Can’t see the upside with BI.  I’m a 9-cat H2H guy myself and his lack of stocks and high TO’s are rather unappealing.  

Absolutely. No stocks. Elite-ish FT% is seemingly turning into just solid FT%. Team is as crowded as it's ever been. Limps around half the time and he's already banged up right now.

Funny it was said he was underrated. Whatever he's at is probably way too high for me. He's a DND. Especially this year.

10 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

smh

trade him so we can all laugh at you later

🤷‍♂️

What is it you are expecting? It looks like he's mostly going in the early 40s to early 50s. If he hits his best case scenario It's a solid to slight win pick.  He's only been in the top 50 once per game and he's not been particularly durable. 

If we are talking 65-70 then yes. That's a good pick.

He's fine where he is. His scoring will take a hit with Zion. Doesn't really get any stocks, not a lot of 3s either. High TOs as well. He's a solid 5th round guy and if he's available there and I need some scoring and a smattering of assists, I'll grab him. 

8 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

I still think he can take another step in the scoring department. Sorta like Derozan..

There's no chance he's going to hit Derozan's mark with Zion and CJ there. Not to mention JV. His scoring dropped last year without Zion. With or without him he's capped at where he's at.

27 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

What is it you are expecting? It looks like he's mostly going in the early 40s to early 50s. If he hits his best case scenario It's a solid to slight win pick.  He's only been in the top 50 once per game and he's not been particularly durable. 

If we are talking 65-70 then yes. That's a good pick.

hes just now entering his prime and coming off a season where he led his team to the playoffs lol

you are totally underrating the concept of natural progression

didn’t he finish top 30 a couple seasons ago? i’m looking for the same or better  

Just now, BykeINIT said:

hes just now entering his prime and coming off a season where he led his team to the playoffs lol

you are totally underrating the concept of natural progression

didn’t he finish top 30 a couple seasons ago? i’m looking for the same or better  

35th per game and he's gone 15-20 spots back both seasons since...he's a nuanced player though. If his percentages and stuff are even just a bit off then he loses value quick. That's my problem with him. When he's been asked to carry a heavy load he's had a lot of trouble staying healthy. I'm not saying he's a disaster of a pick at 50 or whatever he just doesn’t have a very fantasy friendly game. That's all it amounts to.

Just a better real life player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

35th per game and he's gone 15-20 spots back both seasons since...he's a nuanced player though. If his percentages and stuff are even just a bit off then he loses value quick. That's my problem with him. When he's been asked to carry a heavy load he's had a lot of trouble staying healthy. I'm not saying he's a disaster of a pick at 50 or whatever he just doesn’t have a very fantasy friendly game. That's all it amounts to.

Just a better real life player.

i disagree 

let’s wait n see.. should be a nice thread to bump in a couple months 

• Like 1

So wait... let's revisit this thread from last year where some people were expecting potentially top 20 value from him (and he underperformed his ADP miserably) and assess the situation Ingram is in now. Is it better or worse? Certainly worse... full season of CJ and now Zion is back. So where exactly does he improve to beat his ADP? And I say all this as someone who begrudgingly took him for $11 in the team in my sig.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

So wait... let's revisit this thread from last year where some people were expecting potentially top 20 value from him (and he underperformed his ADP miserably) and assess the situation Ingram is in now. Is it better or worse? Certainly worse... full season of CJ and now Zion is back. So where exactly does he improve to beat his ADP? And I say all this as someone who begrudgingly took him for $11 in the team in my sig.

he was hindered by injury last year 

if he can stay healthy he’ll finish much better this year 

theres a reason his only all-star appearance was at the age of 22 .. nobody actually thinks that was his ceiling. or at least i hope not. 

1 minute ago, BykeINIT said:

lol @ middleton

Middleton has ranked over Ingram for the last 5 years in a row lol. And he will likely do the same again this year. 

Do you just make these threads to get validation on your opinions? 'Cause it seems like you get real upset anytime someone disagrees with you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Brother argue for players who have upside. Ingram has zero and doesn't matter if he's entering his prime he is what he is. Go ahead and burn a high pick on him you'll be crying later 

and 31 year old middleton has upside? 

lol

this should be good 

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Middleton has ranked over Ingram for the last 5 years in a row lol. And he will likely do the same again this year. 

Do you just make these threads to get validation on your opinions? 'Cause it seems like you get real upset anytime someone disagrees with you. 

why would you think i’m upset? 

because i disagree? sounds like projection to me