NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mike Boone 2022 Outlook

5 hours ago, philnutz said:

Denver offense sux and the defense just got ran over by Plodder Josh Jacobs, chances are they'll be trailing most games and the running game will continue to suffer

But Boone is (seems to be) the 3rd down back so that only bolsters him IMO.

Edited by kball09

On 10/3/2022 at 5:23 PM, screaming_vultures said:

In the 2019 championship week this guy cost a lot of people championships

****. Sigh. 

Cook went down. Mattison went down. Out came Boone. The 3 physically looked exactly the same. I kid you not. 

Boone can be a game changer for those with RBs need. 

• Like 1

Javonte wasn‘t the star we hoped him to be despite being on top of the depth chart. Now Boone should be a replacement despite being stuck behind Gordon? Where is this coming from?

Imo it‘s just a desperate dart throw. Nothing else.

9 minutes ago, Evandi said:

Javonte wasn‘t the star we hoped him to be despite being on top of the depth chart. Now Boone should be a replacement despite being stuck behind Gordon? Where is this coming from?

Imo it‘s just a desperate dart throw. Nothing else.

That's exactly what it is but Melvin sucks so it's worth at least watching for 1 game if you can get him for cheap/free.

2 hours ago, ginocan said:

****. Sigh. 

Cook went down. Mattison went down. Out came Boone. The 3 physically looked exactly the same. I kid you not. 

Boone can be a game changer for those with RBs need. 

He looked like a losing score to me

32 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

That's exactly what it is but Melvin sucks so it's worth at least watching for 1 game if you can get him for cheap/free.

I think there are better stashes out there. Even just stashing the Def for next week in advance might be better. I see a lot of News declaring him as a „must add“ but I just don‘t see it at all.

He will never ever get an every down role even if Gordon continues fumbling. That’s why they signed Murray. And the offense per se is still not exciting at all. Especially the backfield. So i don‘t even see an appealing best case scenario.

54 minutes ago, Evandi said:

I think there are better stashes out there. Even just stashing the Def for next week in advance might be better. I see a lot of News declaring him as a „must add“ but I just don‘t see it at all.

He will never ever get an every down role even if Gordon continues fumbling. That’s why they signed Murray. And the offense per se is still not exciting at all. Especially the backfield. So i don‘t even see an appealing best case scenario.

That’s why Denver playing TNF makes it that much better. If it doesn’t work out, drop for someone else before Sunday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

He did literally rocket ship week 17 that year, so there is that 

reading.gif

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rocketship

A way of flicking someone off but when you flick them off, you move your right hand up and leave your left hand behind, wiggling the fingers making it look like a rocketship taking off.
Kendal: That a**hole just cut me off!
Jake: Pull up and I'll rocketship that douche.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So here are my takeaways of the situation, some positives some negatives

1. talent wise he is no Javonte

2. Javonte really sucked this year due to the poor offense, honestly check out his stats this year. Basically buoyed by week 1 receptions. Not Javonte’s fault but in fantasy scoring Javonte was not good this year.

3. The Denver offense seemed like it found some momentum at the end of the last game with Boone as the receiving back. Who knows but this maybe a good time to be a middling RB on this offense 

4. Russ seems like he will vulture TDs

5. MG has looked atrocious

6. Latavius Murray will impact both Boone and MG but probably cut more into MGs workload 

Just now, ludawg23 said:

Went for $57 in one of my leagues…just burning FAAB dollars.  Yikes.

Lol that is a yikes. I got him for free after waivers cleared. Don’t even really want him but I can drop him thu night if he sucks like I expect 

3 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

So here are my takeaways of the situation, some positives some negatives

1. talent wise he is no Javonte

2. Javonte really sucked this year due to the poor offense, honestly check out his stats this year. Basically buoyed by week 1 receptions. Not Javonte’s fault but in fantasy scoring Javonte was not good this year.

3. The Denver offense seemed like it found some momentum at the end of the last game with Boone as the receiving back. Who knows but this maybe a good time to be a middling RB on this offense 

4. Russ seems like he will vulture TDs

5. MG has looked atrocious

6. Latavius Murray will impact both Boone and MG but probably cut more into MGs workload 

7. Boone dropped 2 passes on the final drive

4 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Went for $57 in one of my leagues…just burning FAAB dollars.  Yikes.

Even if you hate the definite number one Gordon AND you didn't hear about Latavius, thats silly. I had one where he went for 26, next highest bid was 6. I bid 0.5 because I agree with the its a dart throw mmmmm maaaaybe pundits

- gifs, urban dictionary, slagging MGIII & Slats, FAAB bid chicanery, modern parlance, callback to his week 17 explosion that helped nobody ... YER NOW A ROTO LEGEND, BOONER!!1!

james-cagney-top-of-the-world.gif

Edited by Pastor3
fixed link
  • Haha 2