NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mike Boone 2022 Outlook

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

8 rushing yards and 4 fumbles on the year? Yes, he is.  

Cherry pick your stats much? Lol.  Carries and yards on the season were almost identical to the amazing javonte.  4 fumbles, only 2 were lost. I’ll remember you when he pops off.  Cheers blind man 

Edited by matthew berry

9 minutes ago, matthew berry said:

Is Melvin Gordon invisible to you?

No I mean I'd bet he performs well even with the fumbles and doesnt get majorly injured. Still, he cant absorb ALL of Javontes stats right? This is a two man back field more than pretty much any other team so far right?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gsiegel said:

Murray, Boone, or both?

I think people will target Boone the most. You should be able to get Murray without using a waiver in most leagues but I wouldn’t use a high waiver on either. 

I just want nothing to do with this situation and think I'll just let everyone else spend FAAB here.

Boone was a little appealing to me before the Murray signing but it's just ugly now.

Most likely looking at a 3 way timeshare and Boone might be the least appealing of the 3.

Heck, Javonte was struggling with putting up big numbers in this offense so I surely can't see Boone doing much in a 3 way timeshare.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

UGLY I wouldn't use my #12 waiver claim on this foo. Coach Hackett showed his amazing coaching decisions again by having this guy in during the final drive with two wide open stone hands drops.

Punishing a solid NFL veteran like Gordon and playing a journeyman 3rd stringer over him is EXACTLY what I would expect out of Hackett and all his brilliant decisions he's made this year. The guy is clueless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Punishing a solid NFL veteran like Gordon and playing a journeyman 3rd stringer over him is EXACTLY what I would expect out of Hackett and all his brilliant decisions he's made this year. The guy is clueless.

LOL true. I think anyone that has ever played madden could coach better than this guy. I still feel like picking up Boone is like digging through the grocery store trash to find some one day expired sushi. But to your point, based on coach, Boone could be somewhat relevant. Literally anything could happen with Hackett-- maybe even Hackett himself will go out there for a few carries.

Edited by trolltoll

9 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

I'd like to ride the Boone train. That schedule is green as a cucumber, and it's Boone vs 2 old guys. 

Probably still a messy RBBC, so not worth FAAB or high waiver priority. But definitely worth a shot in resetting waivers.

User name checks out.

Think Boone is worth an add if you:

1) Need help at RB or Flex

2) Have an open roster spot to play around with

3) Can get him for free or near free

its been an awful season for waivers and opportunity is key.  hes going up against two 30+ year old rbs that are on their downward slide and can seize passing down work any maybe some gl work as well.  the coach is an idiot as others have pointed out, but were a quarter of the way through the season and the cubbards are bare.  cant take faab with you when you die....

• Like 1

27 year old career 3rd stringer.  no one knows if this guy is good, but the coaching staff seems to want him involved on some level. seems unlikely that any RB in this back field will be startable on a weekly basis.  The offense doesnt look right either.  Javonte was clearly the best talent and even he wasnt lighting it up, although the floor was there.

• Like 1

Boone should remain the 3rd down back and 2 minute drill guy. Murray doesn't change that IMO. I think the Murray thing will just make him cheaper. Definitely trying to grab him cheap and see what happens next week

Edited by kball09

1 hour ago, Thrill22 said:

27 year old career 3rd stringer.  no one knows if this guy is good, but the coaching staff seems to want him involved on some level. seems unlikely that any RB in this back field will be startable on a weekly basis.  The offense doesnt look right either.  Javonte was clearly the best talent and even he wasnt lighting it up, although the floor was there.

Pretty much this.