NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mike Boone 2022 Outlook

15 hours ago, affliction said:

You saw that ugly drop he had that ended the game for Denver? 

Brutal drop, but he ran pretty well.  I'd say he gets about 1/2 of the carries, but none of the receiving work 

15 hours ago, affliction said:

You saw that ugly drop he had that ended the game for Denver? 

He was off balanced and had to turn around for that one adjusting to Russ improv. Caused him to be leaning back while ball was coming. He’s normally considered a decent pass catcher.

This ain't it.

He's going to primarily be used as blocking back.

IMO odds are good the Gordon gets hurt as well.  They'll sign an FA this week, if you want to speculate you should probably pick up whoever that is.  Of course odds are fairly decent that the running game is just a complete disaster you want to stay away from entirely.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This ain't it.

IMO odds are good the Gordon gets hurt as well.  They'll sign an FA this week, if you want to speculate you should probably pick up whoever that is.  Of course odds are fairly decent that the running game is just a complete disaster you want to stay away from entirely.

Fully agree. This team is gonna deep dive the FA pool or figure out a trade.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This ain't it.

I like where your head is at on this one. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This ain't it.

Any thoughts on them trading for an RB? A guy like D'Ernest Johnson is looking for work.

As of now I don't see a reason NOT to bid a bunch on him. He looks decent enough, great career averages despite being a benchwarmer talent so far. I dont see too many threatening FAs, and a RB trade midseason is extremely rare. I mean for deep good leagues, are we valuing him above other backuo backs given how much DEN split up carries before this and how injury prone Gordon is? I'm thinking he might be ahead of say a Mark Ingram or JD Mckissic type asset but not sure how far ahead and what to bid yet...

21 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

As of now I don't see a reason NOT to bid a bunch on him. He looks decent enough, great career averages despite being a benchwarmer talent so far. I dont see too many threatening FAs, and a RB trade midseason is extremely rare. I mean for deep good leagues, are we valuing him above other backuo backs given how much DEN split up carries before this and how injury prone Gordon is? I'm thinking he might be ahead of say a Mark Ingram or JD Mckissic type asset but not sure how far ahead and what to bid yet...

Is Melvin Gordon invisible to you?