NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Keldon Johnson 2022-2023 Outlook

I noticed he progressively improved his playmaking each month last season. If his assist can come between 4 to 5 per, then it might be interest. But for now I'm surveying. 

Still not rostering any Spurs players until futher notice.

Geez not a good sign that his shoulder is giving out already considering all the high volume chucking he's going to be doing this season!

Jokes aside this isn't good for an undersized slasher.  With the way he attacks the rim he's going to be absorbing a lot of contact this season with the volume of shots coming his way so if his shoulder is bad going into the season there's potential for this to flare up again at some point.  For his and Spurs sake hopefully it's a one off.

Potentially keep an eye on Josh Richardson or Doug McBuckets to get more usage if Keldon misses.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Geez not a good sign that his shoulder is giving out already considering all the high volume chucking he's going to be doing this season!

Jokes aside this isn't good for an undersized slasher.  With the way he attacks the rim he's going to be absorbing a lot of contact this season with the volume of shots coming his way so if his shoulder is bad going into the season there's potential for this to flare up again at some point.  For his and Spurs sake hopefully it's a one off.

Potentially keep an eye on Josh Richardson or Doug McBuckets to get more usage if Keldon misses.

I think I might know the answer to this but is it too much to consider Zach Collins at the 4 if Keldon misses extended time...?

Zach Collins might get extended minutes if/when he establishes his role within the team. Possibly even before ASB. He was the 10th pick in his draft after all and the Spurs would certainly like to see what they can get out of him. 

I strongly believe that after ASB, Keldon Johnson will experience SGA's fate for the last two years. 

Keldon is nowhere near SGA as far as impacting winning. Shai is miles ahead as a real life player. Keldon has a big opportunity to have good fantasy stats for at least this season. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Walk with me said:

I hated my draft and got keldon hoping he may end up being some kind of steal or something. Do we have any idea what to expect production wise?

Good scoring and boards with not much else. Lost Murray but Jones is one of the more underrated passers which should help keep efficiency afloat 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup i think its clearly Vassells team now. I own this guy and everytime i check spurs box score when he has a bad game, Vassell stats is just fine if hes not balling. Vassell has higher floor and looks like the real deal with high ceiling. I dont know but keldons floor is atrocious. Not to mention he doesnt look like a real good player who you can build around. But Im pretty sure he would still get his usual numbers but i really dont like his floor. I would probably try to sell high to like a lavine once he gets a good couple of games again.