NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Julius Randle 2022-2023 Outlook

Randle was 39th at the season 2020/21. I calculated that he lost about 30 places by worse counting stats, but almost 60 places by worse shooting %. It means if he restores his producton (24/10/6) he is still at the end of the TOP 100. He has to improve shooting, but it looks like his 81,1 FT% (2020/21) was a fluke and Randle is not better as 8th-9th round player.

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Randle is done. Brunson is in town as their new PG. Barrett is their new franchise player. Randle is going to stay in the 100s.

Him and Thibs are on borrowed time. I'll give it until the trade deadline before the implosion. I can't wait. Hartenstein, Grimes, and the others deserve to play more.

Edited by Trench Mob

Made the huge mistake last season of assuming he’d keep up the production he had 2 years ago and drafted him at the end of the 2nd as a result.  Not sure he’ll be playing like he did last season, but I wouldn’t be surprised because what he did last season is basically status quo for his whole career

13 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Made the huge mistake last season of assuming he’d keep up the production he had 2 years ago and drafted him at the end of the 2nd as a result.  Not sure he’ll be playing like he did last season, but I wouldn’t be surprised because what he did last season is basically status quo for his whole career

Holy **** 😆. Ain't no way.

I think the addition of Brunson will be a positive impact. His numbers were almost the same but he lacked the efficiency and he had high TO. If Brunson can help him become more efficient and he handles the ball lesss, this will help him overall. The big IF is if he is okay not always having the offense run through him. If he accepts this, he will be a steal this year and he will be! Quote me on that! 

• Like 1

OK, lets do calculation again, if Brunson influence is significant. Randle at 2021/22: 20.1/10,0/5,1/0,7stl/0,5 blk/1,7threes/3,4TO/41,1/75,6.

What will improve if Brunson takes from him some usage? TO 2,5-2,7 and FG% 44-45. What will go down? Assists 4-4,5, Other stats can remain almost the same and it means again (as I calculated already) that he is 8th-9th round player.

12 hours ago, apatas said:

OK, lets do calculation again, if Brunson influence is significant. Randle at 2021/22: 20.1/10,0/5,1/0,7stl/0,5 blk/1,7threes/3,4TO/41,1/75,6.

What will improve if Brunson takes from him some usage? TO 2,5-2,7 and FG% 44-45. What will go down? Assists 4-4,5, Other stats can remain almost the same and it means again (as I calculated already) that he is 8th-9th round player.

But don't you play in a league where there are like 100 players picked per round? 

• Haha 1

a 20-10-5 big is still good. addition of TrUe POinT GuaRD in the name of jalen brunson might give randle a positive outcome : lesser to, better efficiency and might even TrY tO HavE sOmE dEfenSive EffOrTs.

in short, i agree with @apatas except for the 8th-9th round. i still think that picking a player on each round will depend entirely on each manager/player's strat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kaboom said:

But don't you play in a league where there are like 100 players picked per round? 

OK, I laugh at this joke, but honestly - it is impossible that Randle remains undrafted in standard 12 team league. If not 8th-9th round, then 10th round indefinitely.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

All he needed to is fix his efficiency, hes more than a steal and brunson is doing that for him.

If he stops taking dumb in the defender’s face isolation long 2s and stops taking 3s and goes back to bully ball Randle, yeah then he will fix his efficiency. But will he be willing to do that? Idk.

I don’t think he is going to shoot as bad as last year, but unless Thibs hammered into his brain that he is no longer to take those shots because he is not a good shooter, he is going to remain inefficient because that one outlier shooting year has Randle truly believing he is that good of a shooter. And Thibs didn’t hold him accountable for it last year. It’s  fine to have confidence, but you also have to know what you are.

Depending on where he is picked and who is on your team to either cover his shooting or it’s a punt %s situation, yeah he can be really valuable because the rebounds and assists combination are really useful. But I wouldn’t pick him too high and he is a guy you need to plan accordingly for. I had him last year and didn’t plan for it good enough.

I'm in a points league and to see his ADP so low is wild since he typically delivers second or third round stats.  Now the trick is knowing when to draft him since one doesn't necessarily want to pass up on the actual 2nd/3rd rounders in Gobert, Sabonis, Vucevic, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...