NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Zion Williamson 2022-2023 Outlook

4 hours ago, apatas said:

In 5th round he is not maybe big risk. If he plays at least 60 games he can be drafted.

Yea, I've been seeing him slide in the 4th and 5th of mocks which I think is not a bad round to gamble on him. That said, if you already got injury prone guys on your team, it'd be probably be best to pass on him. I did a mock for a 12T, 9cat roto league with the 3rd overall pick and ended up with (in order) Embiid, PG13, Cade, Porzingis, and Zion as my first 5 picks. Potentially 4 of those guys could only play 60 games at max which is painful to think about. 😐

Yes, Porzingis and Zion in one team is a risk. But I am quite confident abput Porzingis, that he is healthy for the beginning of the season. Only problem is that he very often get injured quite easily and it could happen. But now he is OK, he played for Latvia against Estonia - I am Estonian and saw this match from TV. Porzingis looked very good. OK, sorry, it is thread of Zion, but just told.

Edited by apatas
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2022 at 11:19 PM, apatas said:

Like one famous movie ends with words "Nobody is perfect", I say "Everybody can improve".

I didn't know what movie you were referring to, so I looked it up and saw that it was released in theaters during Wilt Chamberlain's rookie year. Wilt finished #5 per game in 5-cat leagues that year:

hs0dBbx.png

Looks kind of like Zion's stat profile . . . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

I didn't know what movie you were referring to, so I looked it up and saw that it was released in theaters during Wilt Chamberlain's rookie year. Wilt finished #5 per game in 5-cat leagues that year:

hs0dBbx.png

Looks kind of like Zion's stat profile . . . 

Yes, it was black comedy starring Marylin Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon. And year is 1959? Of course stats were then different.

Edited by apatas

On 9/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, Stefan said:

exactly 😅

Had to give up on the dream, was snatched up 2 picks before I had the chance to do so in the 4th round. 

Still rooting for the guy to succeed though as he looks in amazing shape right now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

Really hope  zion doesnt last until late 4th for giannis/luka managers. Wonder if early 3 might even be a steal

Ah damn. It seems you already know one of the strats lol. Luka + Zion punting free throws is some dangerous stuff.

Browsing through this Zion thread makes me want to consider punting FT% but can't find a guide about how to pull off that strategy. Does anybody know where can I find one?

I know he is risky but I enjoy fantasy more when I have the players I like, but I also want to win 😅