NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kristaps Porzingis 2022-2023 Outlook

DonutGiveUp

4 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Anyone watch the game?  Curious how he looked, cause the box score says he shot horribly

He shot horribly lol, not much more to it. Rebounds were good, got a couple of blocks and 3s. Shots will start falling. 

12 hours ago, ModeJohnWick said:

He and Shai destroyed me in the finals last year, so this year I drafted both of them in the3rd/4th round (14 team picking at the turn, so they 'fell' a bit).  I have my heart medications all ready for a roller coaster of a season.

Picks.png

spider-man-pointing-meme.jpeg

Yep, here for the pain just like last year. Tingus Pingus won me the chip then, couldn't resist taking him at that spot. Every game is an adventure, but so far so good that he survived the first one.

1 hour ago, sld12 said:

Anyone watch the game?  Curious how he looked, cause the box score says he shot horribly

Looked very active and engaged, about all you can ask for. The shots will come. The important part is that he looks confident and has no hesitation to do what he needs to do in the offense, unlike in Dallas when he seemed to roam around lost at times when he didn't seem to expect to get the ball. Saw him threatening the defense at the top of the three point line quite a few times, either launching or pump faking and drawing a defender's contest, then dribbling toward the basket.

TL:DR: He seems to feel like he belongs here, and his body language and engagement look worlds better than the end of his time in Dallas.

• Like 3

How is everyone feeling about him so far?

I definitely appreciate the steadiness, but I am definitely hoping he is able to take it up a notch as the season progresses given that I drafted him as a high risk of injury player hoping his per game numbers would make it worth it.

Right now I feel like his per game numbers are right around where a lot of other players drafted in his adp (late 40s) are

Can't really complain but the lack of blocks is whats concerned me. I was hoping to be dominant in blocks for my roto league especially with blocks being so rare but I haven't gotten much from KP & Poeltl combined while still having Hartenstein, Olynyk, and Walker Kessler as my backups.

1 minute ago, sld12 said:

How is everyone feeling about him so far?

I definitely appreciate the steadiness, but I am definitely hoping he is able to take it up a notch as the season progresses given that I drafted him as a high risk of injury player hoping his per game numbers would make it worth it.

Right now I feel like his per game numbers are right around where a lot of other players drafted in his adp (late 40s) are

So far so good. Blocks could be better but he had 5 in 3 games until this one, so that’ll come around to his usual numbers forsure. I like how his shooting has improved thru these 4 games. Wish he would bang inside more but then he might be risking an injury even sooner than usual. He is in safe mode currently, and I believe he’ll only get better as the season goes. 4/82 so far and I feel good about the pick.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, L3onD said:

18/8 with a block on 48/42/75 shooting splits is low reward so far

lol

Feel like what he's trying to say (and what I feel too), is that in terms of general production, there were other guys drafted in the 40's who come with much less injury risk and are putting up the same production (or better).

19 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Just to give a further idea of why he’s been disappointing so far, he’s ranked 75th on BBM rn.

when you draft someone with this much risk, you hope they exceed their adp by a few rounds, not fall a few rounds below it

Sorry but it’s idiotic to bring up BBM rankings with such a small sample size. For instance; PG is ranked #99, Anthony Edward’s is ranked #113 and Ayton is ranked #139.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Just to give a further idea of why he’s been disappointing so far, he’s ranked 75th on BBM rn.

when you draft someone with this much risk, you hope they exceed their adp by a few rounds, not fall a few rounds below it

I actually don’t think he has been that disappointing so far beyond the blocks being a little lower than what he ended up at last year and his FTs being below 75% (which we know won’t last). Everything else has been on line so far.

But it’s so early to go to rankings with so many players either under performing or putting up unsustainable numbers (just look for example at how many guys are scoring over 30 compared to last year) that actual ranking means very little right now. One big or small game can move someone a lot. Things will average out. And just for some additional context on how things can change….you know what he was ranked this time last year? 175th. And he ended up 18th.

• Like 3

Obviously some of the guys are here are waiting for the KP whos rank is around 2nd round when healthy and at his best. I drafted him with that in mind with the injury risk tag so the concern is valid. However, Im ok with his performance, not league winning draft pick per se yet, but as long as he’s healthy, im willing to wait for the huge games. I also feel that he is playing more under control and more safe, with the sense of trying to avoid injury. Also he is playing with beal for the first time so chemistry is still building. Definitely a waiting game for those week winning games from KP. 

• Like 2