NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kristaps Porzingis 2022-2023 Outlook

9 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

4th round ain't a reach tho. He provides earlier value. Wizards started well last season before locker room issues killed them. I don't think they'll be as bad as some think they retooled nicely. Morris, Barton, D. Wright give them good depth and they get a full season of Beal, KP and Rui. Not saying they're a playoff team but they're not a lottery team 

If you're not in the playoffs then you are a lottery team due to the fact that you're now in the draft lottery. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

DND. Headache to own, yes he produced at the end but he’ll miss games for a hang nail. Doesn’t rebound for a big man. Purely just 3s and marginal points and a few blocks. Had him last season and will never draft him again.

That's why I have said one player doesn't mean anytthing. Somebody loses with Porzingis, but somebody (me) wins. Yes, he didn't play during 3-4 weeks, but was there during fantasy play-off. Finally it depends on team, you can win or lose with anybody because 1 player is not equal to rest of the team (12 players). It is not said for EsTILO, but all fantasy managers: please don't tell that somebody single-handedly win for you championship or somebody single-handedly killed some category. That is not possible.

Josh has also mentioned that with injury of JJJ and Robert Williams, it’s literally impossible to find blocks. 
Capela and Nurkic were also somewhat disappointing last year in providing block numbers and it looks like it will continue this year. 
Mikal bridges was the only one that was healthy last year and everybody else has to deal with missing games and injuries of some sort. It’s the new nba era now. It’s kind of worth it to gamble on porzingis 

54 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Josh has also mentioned that with injury of JJJ and Robert Williams, it’s literally impossible to find blocks. 
Capela and Nurkic were also somewhat disappointing last year in providing block numbers and it looks like it will continue this year. 
Mikal bridges was the only one that was healthy last year and everybody else has to deal with missing games and injuries of some sort. It’s the new nba era now. It’s kind of worth it to gamble on porzingis 

Yeah if you want really good blocks, other than Embiid or Giannis in the first round your choices are pretty much Gobert, Allen, Mobley, KP and Poeltl. Maybe Mitch Robinson? 

5 hours ago, apatas said:

I don't understand why some people say Porzingis is frustrating to own. Missed games - yes, but if he plays, he is good. I think maybe one game of 10 is a little bit worse, but generally he does his job always.

Look at the KP topic from last season. It's like some of you have a short memory or something.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

Look at the KP topic from last season. It's like some of you have a short memory or something.

What means short memory? I only know that I owned him and I am not frustrated. That's all what I wanted to say.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:12 PM, fabrar said:

Yeah if you want really good blocks, other than Embiid or Giannis in the first round your choices are pretty much Gobert, Allen, Mobley, KP and Poeltl. Maybe Mitch Robinson? 

Don't forget AD! Put up 90 in 40 games last year 😎
(Porzingis had 84 in 51 for reference)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2022 at 4:17 PM, csklmf said:

Please tell me you are pedantically and intentionally misusing the word like Gen Z is addicted to doing. What a joke. Even Harrison Barnes had 14 of them, while Josh says "he never blocks a shot"

2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

Diversify ur blks after getting 1 anchor. Which shouldnt be that hard.

Yeah you don't need multiple guys avging 1.5+ blocks, you just need one to carry you in that category and a few others with 1ish will do 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Let’s hold our hands guys, and say a prayer…

Latvian basketball gods, please save this man from stepping on a lego or sweat, which dripped from Will The Thrill Barton’s back during the 3rd quarter of a highly anticipated matchup between the Wizards and Hornets, and twisting his beautiful & fragile ankle!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, L3onD said:

Let’s hold our hands guys, and say a prayer…

Latvian basketball gods, please save this man from stepping on a lego or sweat, which dripped from Will The Thrill Barton’s back during the 3rd quarter of a highly anticipated matchup between the Wizards and Hornets, and twisting his beautiful & fragile ankle!!!

AMEN! Lord please protect our brother Porzingis, and provide him with a bounty of games played this season so the Holy Unicorn can take us to the promised land of fake basketball

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Quazza said:

Every year, every Porzingis thread, I'm all up in it  ..."FK this guy's. DND draft list" 

Every year....... 

I learned my lesson last season. But interesting to see there’s a few guys here that haven’t. 

6 hours ago, ModeJohnWick said:

He and Shai destroyed me in the finals last year, so this year I drafted both of them in the3rd/4th round (14 team picking at the turn, so they 'fell' a bit).  I have my heart medications all ready for a roller coaster of a season.

Get the Shai/Porzingis train rolling. Chooo chooo!