NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rudy Gobert 2022-2023 Outlook

Easily a top 20 pick. He goes from a boring slow offense and selfish Mitchell to a high paced one filled with better playmakers. Last year he shot 69% on almost 7 free throws a game that's solid. If he can move that to over 70% he won't hurt you anywhere. If I get Giannis, Embiid or Towns first pick I'm going for Rudy next 

3 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Is anyone here actually considering Gobert on a non punt FT team?

Not to mention, if you're in a good league, someone's going to have Giannis and they'll be taking Gobert before 30-40..

Half of the times I’ve rostered Rudy it was while punting assists.  Works well.  

There are a couple of different ways to look at it.  The pessimistic view is that his rebounds will go down next to KAT.  The reality is that even with KAT, his rebounding rate is so high that he won't drop below 12.  The optimistic view is that with DAR actually passing to him, and presumably he will actually pass to him while Mitchell didn't, combined with being on the fastest pace team in the league, that his scoring will go up.  FG% impact is tied to scoring as well.  You're looking at a 18/12 guy with 2.5 blocks who potentially will lead the league in FG% impact.  His FT% has also been steadily improving.  Unlike Turner or RobWill, he doesn't have pronounced injury history.  There is no other healthy player who will likely get 150 blocks on the season.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Good thing they mortgaged their future for this guy 👍

If the Jazz were going to blow up their team, the Wolves should have offered a similar package OR D-Lo and 2-3 1st RD picks for Donovan Mitchell instead of Gobert. I know Mitchell and ANT are similar players, but the talent is undeniable. Gobert's defense is great at the rim as always but gets lost outside the paint and has been drawn out there more often. He also has cement for hands because he can't hold on to the ball when it's passed to him. Yes, Rudy's an elite rebounder because he catches the ball above everyone else, but when he holds the ball below chest level he's most often stripped.

• 2 weeks later...

Wolves need to learn how to move the ball on offense. They faced a couple of zone defenses and just jacked up threes the last couple of games. A lot of times the offense consists of DLO or Ant or Towns dribbling the ball up the floor and shooting a three pointer.  They get out rebounded because they don't block out. 

I would imagine that Finch tries to get these guys to fix those problems. But who know if they are listening.