NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Joel Embiid 2022-2023 Outlook

Never had Embiid so I couldn't tell

Also kinda avoiding him... I like more Curry, Tatum, Lamelo, KAT in that 3 - 7 range

Maybe I'm wrong idk

I'm all about total season value, that's super important to me

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Is it possible to win with this guy?

Has anyone had success winning with him in a volume based league where he misses games constantly?

Or it simply too much to overcome?

I avoid him year after year due to the fact that he's too unreliable, but I'm not sure if I have an option this year.

What's yalls thoughts?

possible but more risk. i had success with ad embiid pairing last year even after trading embiid for wood and lamello. Plus 1 for trying to avoiding risk moving embiid. I also dropped kpjr after his tartuide.

I used to try and avoid so called injury prone guys or any of the load management boys.

But pretty much everyone misses at least 10 games now. And you are “safe and reliable” until you are not (see Dame last year or KAT the two prior years before that).

So unless they already have an injury coming into the season, I am not avoiding anyone. I am not heavily discounting anyone due to injury risk. And I am certainly not choosing an inferior player over another  so called risk because they are “safe”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Is it possible to win with this guy?

Has anyone had success winning with him in a volume based league where he misses games constantly?

Or it simply too much to overcome?

I avoid him year after year due to the fact that he's too unreliable, but I'm not sure if I have an option this year.

What's yalls thoughts?

Took 2nd in my $100 12 team roto with Embiid (9th pick) last year.  He wasn’t as helpful for H2H playoffs.  Those games missed hurt.  

He is my #3 overall ranked player going into this year.  Only prefer Joker or Giannis in H2H.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Never had Embiid so I couldn't tell

Also kinda avoiding him... I like more Curry, Tatum, Lamelo, KAT in that 3 - 7 range

Maybe I'm wrong idk

I'm all about total season value, that's super important to me

But Embiid is still ahead? I already understood what is total value, but 2021/22 rank by total value is: 1. Jokic, 2. Embiid, 3. Towns. Then why not Embiid?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, apatas said:

But Embiid is still ahead? I already understood what is total value, but 2021/22 rank by total value is: 1. Jokic, 2. Embiid, 3. Towns. Then why not Embiid?

Yes Embiid was GREAT. I'm sure he was on many, many, many winning teams

BUT.,. because 2021/22 is his lone fully healthy season in his career (8 seasons total) I have my doubts

EDIT: This might be the season when I take the risk, and draft him (because of Harden)

Harden's positive impact on that Philly team was immense

Edited by Stefan

3 hours ago, 80version said:

Took 2nd in my $100 12 team roto with Embiid (9th pick) last year.  He wasn’t as helpful for H2H playoffs.  Those games missed hurt.  

He is my #3 overall ranked player going into this year.  Only prefer Joker or Giannis in H2H.  

he fell late 1 in my ypro a few weeks ago. Ithink there are more skeptics than i thought. Inj conern aside  hes to valuable to let fall. That being said, i take harden giannis luka 100/100 over embiid. H2h

Edited by colepenhagen

Needed one more game from him in playoffs last year to win it all. I was against AD, and he decided to play, which hurt me a lot.

Though I had a great supporting C cast the second half of the season with JJJ, JV and WCJ.. all the acronyms

It's definitely possible to win with him, I was able to pair him with Lamelo along with the other guys listed.  Basically just have to expect him to not have any 4- game weeks

I mean last year some of the people who won had him.  I play about a dozen leagues and he was on winning teams.  If you only play a few leagues, or even worse just one, it's somewhat unreasonable to expect that the only winner has Embiid all the time.  You couldn't say that about any singular player.  More volume you play, the more variance you'll see.

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It seems no one is worried about his injury history compared to AD, Kwahi, etc. 

I want to spend big bucks on him in my auction league to pair with Lamelo/Garland (keeper), but his past injuries are making me hesistant. 

I definitely want a piece of Sixers this year and even considering Harden. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, CViewPride35 said:

It seems no one is worried about his injury history compared to AD, Kwahi, etc. 

I want to spend big bucks on him in my auction league to pair with Lamelo/Garland (keeper), but his past injuries are making me hesistant. 

I definitely want a piece of Sixers this year and even considering Harden. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about injuries too much, if you look at the current era of basketball most star players played about 65 games a season due to resting because they want to be fresh and health come playoff time. Even the good players on bad teams play about 65 games mostly, they got shutdown due to power tanking.

• Thanks 1

Agree at this point embiid is much more valuable than Ad (could change if ads ft and 3's come back). Healthy embiid easy top 3 pick. His fantasy line is second best even over kd imo. Also has 86% ft upside. Shot 81% last year.

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...