Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ben Simmons 2022-2023 Outlook


Recommended Posts

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34643029/ben-simmons-says-philadelphia-76ers-provide-support-struggled-mental-health

 

Quote

"I actually spoke to Doc before practice. I was like, 'Doc, I'm not ready. Mentally, I'm not ready. Please just understand that,'" Simmons said on the podcast. "I tried to let him know prior, and he was like, 'Well, I'm going to put you in anyway.' I'm like, 'All right.' He told me to get in. I looked at him. It was like one minute into practice, like, 'Ben, get in.'

"I'm like, first of all, no one's doing that. You're doing this on purpose. And that's how I felt, too. It seems like everyone's trying to f--- with me now. I'm getting fined for not lifting weights, but physically I'm one of the strongest guys on the f---ing team. So now they're fining me for little things. It was just a buildup. Obviously, I didn't handle things the right way, but, also, the team didn't either, and the people who had that power."

Great coaching job by Doc

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yall think he's mentally ready to play and be available to play? 

 

It's been a while but I remember yahoo never tagging him right because it was a physical injury and he just became incredibly difficult to roster. 

 

That aside, how is a ball dominant player gonna do playing alongside KD who's also ball dominant and doesn't seem like someone that would be empathetic to Ben Simmons "breaking down" or whatever it's referred to. 

 

I've had basketball news off all summer tho and if it's already been addressed my apologies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Yall think he's mentally ready to play and be available to play? 

 

It's been a while but I remember yahoo never tagging him right because it was a physical injury and he just became incredibly difficult to roster. 

 

That aside, how is a ball dominant player gonna do playing alongside KD who's also ball dominant and doesn't seem like someone that would be empathetic to Ben Simmons "breaking down" or whatever it's referred to. 

 

I've had basketball news off all summer tho and if it's already been addressed my apologies. 

KD is not ball dominant. I mean the guy played with Westbrook for crying out loud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

That was 6+ years ago. 

 

You watched KD play lately? 

Of course I did, and didn't Harden still avg like 10+ assists with him. So what's your point. Ben just has to focus on rebounding , playing defense, and pushing the tempo on the break. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kinda think he is over the mental block. I just don't see how it works like the above mentioned. I could see Durant Irving and Simmons sharing the ball more but won't be like his 76ers days.

Also, the Nets are gonna have drama issues in the middle of the season. There's a chance he relapses into his mental issues.

Plus I really don't know what his role is. Is he really playing the 5? Are players gonna really trust Nash if he spearheads that strategy? 

I dunno man.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He was in a classic toxic work environment with a boss (Rivers) who lacked empathy, was controlling, and was a micromanager. He couldn't quit his job like the rest of us would do. No amount of money is worth working for a boss with psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies like that.

I think that's what he was getting at.   

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

He was in a classic toxic work environment with a boss (Rivers) who lacked empathy, was controlling, and was a micromanager. He couldn't quit his job like the rest of us would do. No amount of money is worth working for a boss with psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies like that.

I think that's what he was getting at.   

Or you can just be a man and suck it up like the rest of us.  He can go home and cry into all his millions of dollars every night.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have news for all of you. Kyrie and Ben Simmons are not going cheaply in auction leagues. Kyrie is going for the same money as Haliburton, DeJonte Murray ($50) in $200 standard 12 team yahoo leagues, same with Damon LIlliard. Actually Kyrie and Lilliard both in the $55 range. Ben Simmons isn't going for $45-$50 like he did before his mental issues but he's going in the mid $30's now. $35. So don't go expecting to pick up either of them on the cheap. Not going to happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, edbuzz said:

I have news for all of you. Kyrie and Ben Simmons are not going cheaply in auction leagues. Kyrie is going for the same money as Haliburton, DeJonte Murray ($50) in $200 standard 12 team yahoo leagues, same with Damon LIlliard. Actually Kyrie and Lilliard both in the $55 range. Ben Simmons isn't going for $45-$50 like he did before his mental issues but he's going in the mid $30's now. $35. So don't go expecting to pick up either of them on the cheap. Not going to happen

I’m happy to let them go….

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

He is gonna be ok if he can keep his mental stuff together lol

After watching him, he's a shell of a player he once was. But I'm still convinced with his flexibility / style / role he should be well enough servicable for fantasy. Having said that, I'm "lightly tapping my toes in the water."

 

Edited by Trench Mob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MrBean said:

i see ben simmons as a younger version of dray in terms of fantasy stats. both are triple single

Lol not even remotely close. Ben has never averaged less than 14 ppg and is a better passer 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished drafting today holy **** why am I here?

 

Got Benny for $20 in auction draft. I cannot let him go for lower than $20. I had Zion so I decided to punt FT f--- it 

Edited by csklmf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, edbuzz said:

I have news for all of you. Kyrie and Ben Simmons are not going cheaply in auction leagues. Kyrie is going for the same money as Haliburton, DeJonte Murray ($50) in $200 standard 12 team yahoo leagues, same with Damon LIlliard. Actually Kyrie and Lilliard both in the $55 range. Ben Simmons isn't going for $45-$50 like he did before his mental issues but he's going in the mid $30's now. $35. So don't go expecting to pick up either of them on the cheap. Not going to happen

In a draft last night I got Hali for $43, Kyrie went $40, Dejounte $40, Dame $44, and Simmons $7.  I’m assuming you’re exaggerating or something, idk, but if that’s true then people must have been feasting in the lower half of your draft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SMH. What would be the purpose of me exaggerating in this forum where none of my fellow league members look at and no one knows me here? If you're going by standard 12 team standard 9 cats with 10 active C, PF, SF, F, G, SG, PG, U, U, U, BN, BN, BN, BN then you got your top three at a huge discount. Do any mock auction draft on yahoo and those players are going for $10 more than you got them for and no way is Ben Simmons going that cheaply in any of the mocks I've done. But if you are going to tell me that the size of your league and roster requirements fit my description then I'd say the guys you compete with are dumb. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, edbuzz said:

SMH. What would be the purpose of me exaggerating in this forum where none of my fellow league members look at and no one knows me here? If you're going by standard 12 team standard 9 cats with 10 active C, PF, SF, F, G, SG, PG, U, U, U, BN, BN, BN, BN then you got your top three at a huge discount. Do any mock auction draft on yahoo and those players are going for $10 more than you got them for and no way is Ben Simmons going that cheaply in any of the mocks I've done. But if you are going to tell me that the size of your league and roster requirements fit my description then I'd say the guys you compete with are dumb. 

Nah I just think most people have a grip on what’s going on with values in an auction.  (Same settings, 1 less bench slot btw.) Mock drafts are practice rounds with half the group leaving 90% of the time within 15 minutes.  

Don’t bid $35 on Ben Simmons, this isn’t accurate.  I like Simmons and held him last season but with the talent BKN has and his track record, a gamble at $35 is out of the realm of possibility for me.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...