NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Cade Cunningham 2022-2023 Outlook

DonutGiveUp

29 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Ummm… I heard about this on Josh Lloyd’s injury update.. wtf does this mean?? Is he back soon?? He was getting up Shots before last nights game…

Interesting…if the injury was was severe as they made it sound, surely he wouldn’t be on the court, practice or otherwise?

5 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

Ummm… I heard about this on Josh Lloyd’s injury update.. wtf does this mean?? Is he back soon?? He was getting up Shots before last nights game…

Definitely feels like a bad decision from upper management if he really does have a stress fracture. As a guy who drafted him in the 2nd round, I think it's still best to mentally prepare that he gets season-ending surgery so we don't lose out on finding potential WW adds moving forward. If he doesn't need surgery & plays in the future, we take the small wins but also have to recognize that he might not have high trade value moving forward.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

Either he doesn’t have a stress fracture and the Detroit front office is content to let us all think he does, or that medical/coaching team is horribly incompetent. There is no way this guy should be taking JUMPshots if he genuinely has a stress fracture.

Given Detroit’s current coaching staff and front office’s competency record, I’m not optimistic that Cade doesn’t actually have a stress fracture. I think it’s more likely the organization is terrible and nobody stood up to Cade and told him “no, you can’t practice with a stress fracture you goon.”

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

Lol … there was literally nothing to read there. 

thanks for sharing, I guess?

Ja “maybe” said “damn”!?!? that’s what we are doing here? 

damn. 

Lmao yeah that literally showed us nothing and could be about a million other things 

2 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

Lol … there was literally nothing to read there. 

thanks for sharing, I guess?

Ja “maybe” said “damn”!?!? that’s what we are doing here? 

damn. 

He literally says something to him, they look down towards his shin and Ja says damn. When he's announced out for the year get your tissues bud 

• Like 1

So, I've been wondering why they wouldn't have done the surgery by now if they were gonna have it done anyway, but the recovery on the surgery is only 4-12 weeks. So I have to imagine they're fine with waiting to see if the fracture responds well in the next few weeks and then, if it isn't up to snuff, get him under the knife. If the recovery time was longer I assume they would have just bit the bullet by now in prep for next year. 

3 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Damn… haha

Man this makes no sense for his team to do if they even suspect it's a shin fracture. I wouldn't be ruining the future of my franchise player to make practice this way. Do some weights, resistance training (that doesn't involve the injured shin for now), or something else. Just lay off the damn leg which is hurt.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thornton1986 said:

Is anyone holding out hope that he’s back soon with the rest? 

Also holding but I’ve basically accepted that he won’t play this season. Luckily I have 2 IR spots so I’m holding until that news comes out since he was a high draft pick.

If he does try to come back and play I’m going to try and trade him for anything decent. I just have such little faith he plays come fantasy playoffs even if he made a return this season. 

34 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Barboni in shambles 

Not in the slightest, friend. It’s a shame for sure (Pistons homer here) … had no bearing on my fake basketball team though. 

I still maintain that in that video, Ja was merely commenting on how good your Donut felt before the game. 

“Damn” he said, “gah damn” 

Peace, DGU 🙏

• Haha 1