NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Cade Cunningham 2022-2023 Outlook

I usually like to make fun of the Pistons. But it appears they are trying now. Play-In Tournament, **** something.

As far as fantasy, Cade's efficiency and assist should see a boost. Bad news, expect his ADP to be in the high to mid 20's now.

I usually like to pick more efficient guards, and Cade was one of the biggest negatives when it came to FG% given the volume he had. But I really like his stat set other than that and I am extremely high on him this year. Just hoping he worked on his three point shot tho cause shooting 6 threes a game at 31% is abysmal and is what really dragged his FG% down.

28 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I usually like to make fun of the Pistons. But it appears they are trying now. Play-In Tournament, **** something.

As far as fantasy, Cade's efficiency and assist should see a boost. Bad news, expect his ADP to be in the high to mid 20's now.

And this is the problem. Cade/Haliburton/Garland. 

All now getting drafted in the same space. That’s a tough call. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Guys like Beal and Mitchell I expect get flipped in their place. Lower assist, but higher volume. Good trade-off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

If you play in roto I can understand not being interested but in H2H ? Cmon just punt FG% and TOS. Dude is going to give you luka Doncic lite numbers with better Ft%

Yeah if I'm drafting guys like Harden, Dame and Melo in the first round I'm punting fg/TOs regardless. Just draft Cade and enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

i got hali up a tier over cade.  garland 3. Cade sneaky complete line potientai dwarfs hali. Will we get that this year? Cades got hali stock potential but also 25 ppg 6 reb upside hali doesnt have. Can you be a 25 ppg guy on 3 fta? Tough only cjm and klay avg 20 plus pts on sub 3 fta. Hali 3.3fta  17 pts.in indy 

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Can someone explain to me why you should  not be interested in roto?   Even if his FG%   does not improve (it should),  he is only negative in two categories (FG and TO).

not a strong volume start. You can make it up but depends how you draft. In most situations you are going to have dead weight volume from 1 or 2 starters. So you can go one of two ways build that volume early then you have a nice buffer to explore a simmons, dray, low volume. Or go more balance and avoid those wildcard types. Instead ur getting toby harris 

Edit nvm i thought you were asking about hali.  

Edited by colepenhagen

I'm going Hali > Cade > Garland.

I also think we may be underrating Hali's scoring ability a bit. He may not be as good as Cade, but he still avgd 18 ppg in Indy while Brogdon was still there. With no Brogdon now, and Hali improving over the offseason, there's a strong possibility that he will score over 20 ppg. 

Addition of Bojan Bogdanovic should be massive for Cade (if Detroit decide to keep Bojan around that is).  A smart wing shooter who knows how to move off the ball and is also a capable ball handler can only be a good thing for someone with the bball IQ of Cade.  Now watch Casey somehow screw it up...

• Like 2

Brother, if he can somehow fall to my lap in the 3rd round, I’m immediately taking him…sucks he definitely will go before my pick

Addition of Babo to this team will make his life considerably easier + add a season of development for a guy like Bey (his shot is bound to get better, he has that stroke, he just forced the issue too many times these past two seasons). Cade can easily end up being a 24/7/7 on decent to suprisingly good %

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I said this somewhere else on here already, but as a Pistons fan I would love for him to be worth the higher end of where he’s getting drafted sometimes (mid 20s), but I have some big concerns with that.

Primarily because we have very little talent on our roster this year, and defenses are going to give Cade everything they have and I feel like his game isn’t predicated on outwilling opposing defenses since he doesn’t have elite athleticism.  I wouldn’t be surprised if those struggles he had early last season come back if no one else steps up.  Bojan was a good move, but it’s gonna take way more than him to put any fear in opposing defenses.

i think drafting him in the 30s is much more reasonable.  I’d be happy if I was wrong on this one though!

Not saying he ends up as a borderline first rounder but I think the pieces are in place for him to have the best sophomore jump from among his batch (think Lamelo's jump but maybe not as dramatic).

10 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Not saying he ends up as a borderline first rounder but I think the pieces are in place for him to have the best sophomore jump from among his batch (think Lamelo's jump but maybe not as dramatic).

lamelo 56 rookie year punt t/o

cade 48 punt t/o 

cade 36 punt t/o/ and fg. 41%fg i have a feeling that will take a sizeable leap

lamelo massive leap in ft% and a huge jump in threes. along with 4 more min.

cade got the nod in everything but threes and min. if im projecting cades jump this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

cade 48 punt t/o 

cade got the nod in everything but threes and min. if im projecting cades jump this year. 

This gives me more confidence, but what are your realistic expectations from him? And was his 3pt shot really that bad?

On 10/6/2022 at 8:27 AM, colepenhagen said:

cade 48 punt t/o 

Where can i find for free rankings players by punting? Thanks you

Cade is gonna have growing pains to begin the season again i believe. I still think he is gonna blow peoples minds with his production as he is an absolute stud on a very bad team. Bojan is SOOOOO good for Cades assist numbers and freedom for driving to the basket. I think post all star numbers with little improvements.

22.8 PTS 5.9 RBDS 6.7 ASTS 1.4 STLS 0.8 BLKS 2.1 THRS 3.2 TO's 43FG% 85FT%

Early 3rd-late 2nd value with excitement of absolutely working out and putting up top 15 numbers is something im excited about.

He can still be silly with the ball and get into foul trouble, and will most certainly have bad games here and there, but the good outweighs the bad 10 fold.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is something very weird going on with Cade's shot.  He supposedly had his jumpshot 'reworked' over the off season however his 3pt shooting almost looks forced now when last season post ASB he looked smooth.  He was horrible shooting from deep all throughout preseason and he's started off the regular season badly.  Something worth keeping an eye on.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

Looked for his shot a bit more today, i think he is still getting used to the new pieces around him, but he looked like the best player on the court for his team by miles. Leader, playmaker and if he can get consistent with scoring, we are in for a crazy season.