NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Robert Williams 2022-2023 Outlook

Trench Mob

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

I am having difficulties finding where you "listed literally 8-12 guys that can hit 18 ppg this year in the 70-100 range". Can you help me? Also, what rankings are you using?

Assuming I am  using "clearly wrong list" can you point me to the list that is correct? I am just trying to learn and improve my fantasy skills.

Again, I am working with data that I have. If you have better data to share that would be really appreciated

I literally wrote out all 12 names in the post on the 1st page responding to your claim that I couldn't find that many scorers in the 70-100 range with your fantasypros list. I wrote the first 8 are basically a lock to get there and listed 4 other who have a strong possibility of doing it. 

Just because you don't have a good list to use doesn't mean you should be using such a terrible one. I mean if you are really banking on some of these guys that ESPN or Yahoo have really low ranked like Trent or Lowry to cost what pick 100 goes for in an auction league, you are pretty much guaranteed to miss out on them and be stuck with left over cash which is the worst.

There's been good mock drafts out there (we had one here). Just look it up man. Also, I have had the fantasypros adp list saved on my favorites in my fantasy basketball folder for a few years now. However, I never use it simply because it's so ridiculous and never comes close to what my money leagues adp's are. They are very good for fantasy football though. 

Everyone is literally drafting from a list of rankings...

Cheekiness aside, it does have some influence on our decision making. Especially since it gives a view to players other teams might pick round per round. For example if you have a guy ranked in the top 20 but he is listed in the draft at pick 70 you might want to wait a few rounds before scooping him up

Edited by DrongoDan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, GaryTMA said:

What's your take on Williams' return? 

I read on yahoo it would be early December?

Certainly they mean his full recovery without any minutes restrictions?

Second half league winner. Limitations early but should take off quickly 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fabrar said:

FWIW there was another report that said his initial timeline hasn't changed, so still a late December/early January return. Hopefully it stays that way.

Ya the injection is part of the healing and included in the timeline. I took him in the 100's I can afford to wait 

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

Ya the injection is part of the healing and included in the timeline. I took him in the 100's I can afford to wait 

Same, got him at 105 so I don't even care if he comes back in February - as long as he's ready to go by fantasy playoffs, issa wrap. League-winning player. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For posterity the just posted RW note:

• Robert Williams was seen scrimmaging at shootaround on Wednesday.

There's still a chance that Williams is ready to go by Christmas, and this would be on track with that timeline. When he returns, Williams will likely be limited in every way possible, but that won't keep him from providing plenty of blocks when he is on the floor.

Nov 30, 2022, 11:22 AM ET

•  

Coach Joe Mazzulla said Sunday that Williams (knee) is "pretty close to returning" to game action, Gary Washburn of The Boston Globe reports.

Spin: Williams, who's yet to make his season debut while rehabbing from his latest knee procedure, participated in a scrimmage during the Celtics' shootaround Wednesday and continues to trend in the right direction. Boston has shied away from offering a strict return timeline, but Williams' agent suggested recently that the star big man could be back in action before Christmas. Either way, Williams will likely be eased back into the mix once he's cleared.
  • Like 1