NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Devin Booker 2022-2023 Season Outlook

fabrar

44 minutes ago, 80version said:

This is true and everyone needs to accept luck/randomness can be big factors in deciding a champion.  I actually want to try something different and experiment with a team with more early round upside (and low floor) with no regard to risk in one of my leagues this year.  Talkin about stacking a roster with as many of AD, PG13, Khawi and Zingis as I can early — throw caution to the wind — then  filling out the rest with more reliable, consistently available players in the middle rounds.  Have no idea how it plays out but will be… interesting.  

I did this with my first team of the year. Wanted value and found it. Will it work? Who knows but on paper it looks solid. I think teams built like this need a quick trigger with streams early which is hard to bail early on players you believe will be a solid fantasy asset. I am going to be super stuborn with suggs, issac, Okong, you also get to stash 3 extra players. Thats valuable.

RoundPickPlayerPosition

1.(11)Anthony DavisPF,C

2.(14)Damian LillardPG

3.(35)Darius GarlandPG

4.(38)Kawhi LeonardSG,SF

5.(59)Khris MiddletonSF,PF

6.(62)Alperen SengunC

7.(83)Jusuf NurkicC

8.(86)Jamal MurrayPG,SG

9.(107)Onyeka OkongwuC

10.(110)Jonathan IsaacSF,PF

11.(131)Jalen SuggsPG,SG

12.(134)Walker KesslerPF,C

13.(155)Seth CurryPG,SG

Edited by colepenhagen

3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

I did this with my first team of the year. Wanted value and found it. Will it work? Who knows but on paper it looks solid. I think teams built like this need a quick trigger with streams early which is hard to bail early on players you believe will be a solid fantasy asset. I am going to be super stuborn with suggs, issac, Okong, you also get to stash 3 extra players. Thats valuable.

RoundPickPlayerPosition

1.(11)Anthony DavisPF,C

2.(14)Damian LillardPG

3.(35)Darius GarlandPG

4.(38)Kawhi LeonardSG,SF

5.(59)Khris MiddletonSF,PF

6.(62)Alperen SengunC

7.(83)Jusuf NurkicC

8.(86)Jamal MurrayPG,SG

9.(107)Onyeka OkongwuC

10.(110)Jonathan IsaacSF,PF

11.(131)Jalen SuggsPG,SG

12.(134)Walker KesslerPF,C

13.(155)Seth CurryPG,SG

Punt blocks?

On 9/20/2022 at 1:11 PM, 80version said:

His value has improved with less responsibilities as a ball-handler and being able to fill the role of a true SG more since being teamed up with CP3.  He was not meant to be a primary play-maker (reminding myself of Jrue stripping him to help seal MIL’s title a couple years ago). The reduction in TO’s has  been a big factor in DB climbing the rankings and makes him a little more appealing for certain builds.  I’m not super confident with most options in the 15-20 range, but there is something to be said for dependability.  

Guys that I’d be weighing him against mid-2nd are Garland (my preference) and PG13.  I’m not passing on Hali, Dame, AD or LeBron in that spot to grab Booker myself.  

You're taking Garland with Mitchell in town over Booker? 

You don't think you can wait another round on Garland? 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...