Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

FAAB Bids


jtbgator
 Share

Recommended Posts

If assuming $100 budget, I'd go around $12 or so. I love PHI this year but I think you'll mainly see a rotation of rushing with the RBs, Hurts obviously rushing a ton and AJ being fed. Dallas is great but not much of a drop off IMO from Everett. Dallas is the better TE though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, YoungDro said:

I paid 33 for Samuel in my leagues first time using FAB, budget of 100. Now know to bid more conservatively since the next highest was like 15. 

No worries bro I'm in the same boat. I paid $30 for Michael Carter (who was actually 77% owned but somebody dropped him right before the games started for some reason ) , $20 for Samuel (someone did bid $14 though) and $15 for Peoples-Jones (turns out nobody bid on him at all)

So yea I would say I'm quite the week 1 spender lol. But I feel like week 1 is the week that the guys who were overlooked in the draft show themselves. So I like to be extra aggressive here. Championships are won and lost with those week 1 add/drops so I go big. Not saying it can't blow up in my face though ! You never know. 

But like this week, if Pittman ends up missing , yes that's a huge blow. But atleast I have 2 WRs on my bench that had 11 targets EACH last week to potentially soften the blow 

And $125 budget FYI

Edited by Dominator83
Added text
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

This, my leagues are in $300 or $500 amounts of faab

If you do give dollar amounts, tell us out of $???

As a friendly reminder to a lot of folks in here:  if you continue to ask annoying assistant coach questions ["how much FAAB for X"; "give us the percentage so I can calculate for my league size"], then moderators will over moderate.  FAAB posts will stop being pinned and everyone else will suffer.  It's happened many times before and it's exceedingly annoying.  Don't ruin this thread for others.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jtbgator said:

%'s would call for calculations lol

Not everyone is going to want to do percentages cause of too much math

I'm seeing crazy drops all week...

Kmet

Pachaceo

B. Robinson

I'm not sure how much but I'm getting some guys for free

Hurst Im getting for free

Everett I wouldn't spend anymore than 15% of your faab, and even then that's too high....

I honestly hope you guys grab Tyrion Davis or Mason for free... Jeff Wilson won't last

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

This, my leagues are in $300 or $500 amounts of faab

If you do give dollar amounts, tell us out of $???

Do you not know how to multiply? 

If your FAAB is $500, multiply the dollar amounts suggested by 5. If it’s $300, multiply by 3.

I’m not blaming you, bro. I blame your school system. 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jordan Coppington said:

Do you not know how to multiply? 

If your FAAB is $500, multiply the dollar amounts suggested by 5. If it’s $300, multiply by 3.

I’m not blaming you, bro. I blame your school system. 

 

This wasn't for me, it's been asked plenty of times and no one does it 🖕 lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Someone rage dropped Treylon Burks in my PPR league, should I rage drop Robert Woods for Burks?  And if so how much should I bid? 😁

Yea I would. $4

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

Is Pollard worth picking up even with Dez out? Someone dropped him in my league. How much FAAB would you say he's worth?

I’d pass unless you really need him. If you do, $3.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Is Pollard worth picking up even with Dez out? Someone dropped him in my league. How much FAAB would you say he's worth?

Would that be Dez Bryant? 😃

 

I'd pick up Pollard, even with Dak out he could be a decent Flex option with upside if Zeke were to miss any weeks.  Then when Dak returns his value likely doubles.  I'd bid $5 or so.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 6:14 AM, YoungDro said:

I paid 33 for Samuel in my leagues first time using FAB, budget of 100. Now know to bid more conservatively since the next highest was like 15. 

We've been using FAAB for like 10 years.  Don't worry about what you pay.  Pay up if you really need that player.  Don't worry that the next bid was 15 since I'm assuming they're learning as well and will learn and adjust.  Samuel went for $41 in my league, next bid $35.  $100 budget.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 9:14 AM, YoungDro said:

I paid 33 for Samuel in my leagues first time using FAB, budget of 100. Now know to bid more conservatively since the next highest was like 15. 

... and next time it might be a $35 spot that beats ya if bid is the same 🤷‍♂️

there is no "wrong" bid, win or lose ... it's a blind endeavor for a reason, unlike an auction draft, which is all above bored, and value one attaches to a player is common knowledge at the table.  

if you needed/wanted ol' Samwell, and deemed that coin amount as the comfortable price pernt, then so be it - take the W, and buck up. 

i am a huge proponent of going big early if a player catches my fancy, or fills a glaring need that i may have short changed in the draft - it's a tool for you to analyze the player market specific to your design, rather than being dictated to by a waiver priority - so you assign value, regardless of other losing bids.

ergo, he's worth $33 because that's what you ponied up - nothing changes that - nor does it necessarily mean the next cat will be so conservatively assessed by your leeg mates. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RJRJRJ said:

We've been using FAAB for like 10 years.  Don't worry about what you pay.  Pay up if you really need that player.  Don't worry that the next bid was 15 since I'm assuming they're learning as well and will learn and adjust.  Samuel went for $41 in my league, next bid $35.  $100 budget.

Yep this. Pay if you have a need. I ended paying $45 ($100 budget) last year for Geno Smith. Superflex league. I farted during the draft and didn’t draft a 2nd QB. Was my first superflex season so I wasn’t clear on league settings. But whatevs. That $45 Geno move ended up working out for me and he gave me a few critical late season wins that I needed to sneak into the playoffs as the last seed. Ended up league champ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Pastor3 said:

... and next time it might be a $35 spot that beats ya if bid is the same 🤷‍♂️

there is no "wrong" bid, win or lose ... it's a blind endeavor for a reason, unlike an auction draft, which is all above bored, and value one attaches to a player is common knowledge at the table.  

if you needed/wanted ol' Samwell, and deemed that coin amount as the comfortable price pernt, then so be it - take the W, and buck up. 

i am a huge proponent of going big early if a player catches my fancy, or fills a glaring need that i may have short changed in the draft - it's a tool for you to analyze the player market specific to your design, rather than being dictated to by a waiver priority - so you assign value, regardless of other losing bids.

ergo, he's worth $33 because that's what you ponied up - nothing changes that - nor does it necessarily mean the next cat will be so conservatively assessed by your leeg mates. 

 

My thinking for bidding high was also based in the idea that the real impact players on the wire typically show up early in the year. Didn't want to get beat out so I upped my initial bids a couple times under the assumption that others were thinking the same as myself.  As it stands  I've still got a good chunk of my $ left and hopefully filled my flex or wr2 hole with an explosive guy who gets great volume when healthy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 3:19 PM, jtbgator said:

If assuming $100 budget, I'd go around $12 or so. I love PHI this year but I think you'll mainly see a rotation of rushing with the RBs, Hurts obviously rushing a ton and AJ being fed. Dallas is great but not much of a drop off IMO from Everett. Dallas is the better TE though.

I bid $23 and got him.   Someone else bid $4 lol.   Oh well.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2022 at 4:05 AM, Pastor3 said:

... and next time it might be a $35 spot that beats ya if bid is the same 🤷‍♂️

there is no "wrong" bid, win or lose ... it's a blind endeavor for a reason, unlike an auction draft, which is all above bored, and value one attaches to a player is common knowledge at the table.  

if you needed/wanted ol' Samwell, and deemed that coin amount as the comfortable price pernt, then so be it - take the W, and buck up. 

i am a huge proponent of going big early if a player catches my fancy, or fills a glaring need that i may have short changed in the draft - it's a tool for you to analyze the player market specific to your design, rather than being dictated to by a waiver priority - so you assign value, regardless of other losing bids.

ergo, he's worth $33 because that's what you ponied up - nothing changes that - nor does it necessarily mean the next cat will be so conservatively assessed by your leeg mates. 

Exactly. There are situations I'm lukewarm on someone and I throw out a cheap 'keep the league honest' bid, but if you really want a guy bid aggressively. It's worse to miss him by a few bucks being cheap than overbid by a lot. Been both guy many times

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...