NBC Sports EDGE Forums

FAAB Bids

jtbgator

5 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Im puttinf $100 on samuel in the rotoworld mock real league

... and here i thought my $26 (in same leeg) was a tad too rich 😆

he went for $31 in the uddah Roto Leeg.  

i put in modest bids for Warren/Mason (both under $10), no dice - of course.  

did score Stillers/Browns D & the medieval K

4.22.1978_0.21.37.00-300x200.jpg

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Another miss on Samuel. He went for 38 & Pacheco went for 20. This guy really missed on his draft so I guess he’s already feeling desperate. My biggest disappointment was nobody good got rage-dropped. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️

I missed on him as well. See if Peoples-Jones slipped through. He had 11 targets on Sunday. 

7 hours ago, Pastor3 said:

... and here i thought my $26 (in same leeg) was a tad too rich 😆

he went for $31 in the uddah Roto Leeg.  

i put in modest bids for Warren/Mason (both under $10), no dice - of course.  

did score Stillers/Browns D & the medieval K

4.22.1978_0.21.37.00-300x200.jpg

I always go hard in the paint on the week 1 breakout, thats how u get the mclaurins, lindsays, forsetts, mitchells, etc

but you do run into the chance of running into an ogletree

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Depends on what you need and how you value him. Are you hurting at RB? Context context context.

Good point.  I have Henry, Connor, Zeke, Pollard and Zamir White.  Was thinking of dropping Josh Palmer for him.  He would only probably be a flex play, but figured the upside would be greater than Palmer.

17 hours ago, jtbgator said:

What did you end up bidding? I would have said $20 is way too high IMO.

He clears waivers tonight. 20 is nothing in my league. Based on the players people bid in already, 20 is way too low. Curtis freaking Samuel went for 46…. I’m probably going to bet a pretty ridiculous amount because I literally have no tight end. 

23 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Someone dropped Schultz in my league after the Dak injury. I have Njoku and want to bid on Schultz. I know I want him. I hoping 20 does it. Does that seem like a good bid?

Don’t bid a multiple of 5. Go one over, or even 2 to be a step ahead of those who are also thinking go one over the closest even number 😉

Edited by vikesrube
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GarrisonHearst said:

Damn I definitely overbid for Palmer. I bid $22 (out of $250) and no one else put in a bid. I liked him as a breakout before the KA injury and thought it was worse than it is I guess. Still like the talent and potential breakout 

i lost out on him by a buck three eighty ($24 > $21, $150 budget).

interestingly enuff, the KA owner dumped on Wilson instead of Palmer - he offered no bid for JP, which i can kinda see, i guess - as he prolly feels KA will be back 100% in 10 days.  

but, dunno man ... ham sammys for a 30 yr old cat can be a lingering prob. 

gl ✌️

Just now, YoungDro said:

I paid 33 for Samuel in my leagues first time using FAB, budget of 100. Now know to bid more conservatively since the next highest was like 15. 

Yikes. I always mid modestly at the start of the year. Unless there’s a big name that’s available. There’s so much value mid to late season as injuries pile up and you have more $ to bid vs your opponents down the stretch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmoney23 said:

Chris Godwin?!?  What kind of amateur league are you playing in?  He's going for the full $100 unless it's an 8 team league because he's a WR1 when he's healthy.

Its actually a pretty intense league. The owner is definitely the worst in the league. I'm thin at WR - Gabe Davis, Drake London, Nuk as my best so I'm in, just didn't want to have to blow too much to get him.

1 hour ago, YoungDro said:

I paid 33 for Samuel in my leagues first time using FAB, budget of 100. Now know to bid more conservatively since the next highest was like 15. 

Yes, lesson learned, but you did get him unlike some of us.

2 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

Godwin dropped. In a vaccuum, how much FAAB out of $100 total is he worth? $10? $25?

He’s expected to miss another 2-3 weeks. Since you’re thin at WR I think you need to go 35-40, maybe more. If you get him you should be in good shape when Hopkins returns

• Like 1