NBC Sports EDGE Forums

FAAB Bids

jtbgator

I've got $40 left and my WR situation is abysmal - current plan is $22 for Watson, $18 for Toney with the hope that I can get both, with some smaller bids (<$10) for Collins and Campbell. League is very conservative on FAAB (9/12 still have >$50, 4 still >$95). 

Watson had the game. I don't know who else you're holding out on for the rest of this season that would have a better chance to be a plug and play guy in the playoffs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GM15 said:

I've got $40 left and my WR situation is abysmal - current plan is $22 for Watson, $18 for Toney with the hope that I can get both, with some smaller bids (<$10) for Collins and Campbell. League is very conservative on FAAB (9/12 still have >$50, 4 still >$95). 

Watson had the game. I don't know who else you're holding out on for the rest of this season that would have a better chance to be a plug and play guy in the playoffs.

sounds like a good plan, hopefully you don't get outbid for both and regret not just bidding more for one!

Watching Dan Orlovsky on NFL Live and he just mentioned something (out of the blue) about how Matthew Stafford should not take another snap for the Rams this season now that Kupp and most of the line are out. 

I would write this off as just another analyst speculating and spewing nonsense, but it’s worth nothing Orlovsky and Stafford are really good friends. I would imagine it being elbow related, rather than him just sitting for the heck of it.

Probably won’t happen, but worth keeping in mind before blowing FAAB on any Rams WR.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, nb009 said:

Watching Dan Orlovsky on NFL Live and he just mentioned something (out of the blue) about how Matthew Stafford should not take another snap for the Rams this season now that Kupp and most of the line are out. 

I would write this off as just another analyst speculating and spewing nonsense, but it’s worth nothing Orlovsky and Stafford are really good friends. I would imagine it being elbow related, rather than him just sitting for the heck of it.

Probably won’t happen, but worth keeping in mind before blowing FAAB on any Rams WR.

His wife came very strong today saying how she is worried and  wants him to quit etc. I can see stafford hanging them up for this season

1 minute ago, Martinlongbow said:

Watson went 50 , van jefferson 25, higbee 25, mckinnon 17,  nico 9 

Surprised about Van Jefferson, I'm just not too excited about him - figure he and Ben Sk both benefit equally from Kupp's absence.  Add that to Stafford's questionable health and the Rams offense not being great all year anyway and my interest is none.

• Like 1

What are people's thoughts on Kyren Williams? He's probably not worth much FAAB in 10 team leagues or shallower, but I'm in a 12 team league with deep benches so pretty much any RB that will see more than 5+ touches every week is on someone's roster. Is he worth spending any FAAB on or is the Rams backfield not worth touching?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

What are people's thoughts on Kyren Williams? He's probably not worth much FAAB in 10 team leagues or shallower, but I'm in a 12 team league with deep benches so pretty much any RB that will see more than 5+ touches every week is on someone's roster. Is he worth spending any FAAB on or is the Rams backfield not worth touching?

A 12 teamer with deep benches..... it's a crime Kyren isn't owned.  

He's one of the few waiver wire guys who has a chance to be the lead back without some injury.  Of course he should be rostered. 

11 hours ago, Rainyy said:

A 12 teamer with deep benches..... it's a crime Kyren isn't owned.  

He's one of the few waiver wire guys who has a chance to be the lead back without some injury.  Of course he should be rostered. 

I was able to scoop him back up with a winning bid of $11, a few others had bid between $8-10...someone had been holding onto him most of the year but finally dropped him right before the games last week lol

• 2 weeks later...