NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tre Jones 2022-2023 Outlook

14 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I'm pumped to draft this guy  He averaged 13.5 points, 7.5 assists and 4.6 rebounds in 11 games as a starter in 2021-22 

If he reached that or even improve with that stat, he'll definitely in the top 100.. His percentages are good but doesn't shoot 3s.

2 hours ago, Sanjo16 said:

If he reached that or even improve with that stat, he'll definitely in the top 100.. His percentages are good but doesn't shoot 3s.

He can definitely make th step up. No competition at his position so minutes should be strong 

• 3 weeks later...

I got him in 9th round and I'm hoping he'll have 12ppg 6ast 6rebs 😬

I don't really get what Spurs is gonna do this year with their team so most probably, Tre, Vassell, Keldon, and Poetl will get decent minutes.

8 hours ago, MrBean said:

I don't really get what Spurs is gonna do this year with their team so most probably, Tre, Vassell, Keldon, and Poetl will get decent minutes.

All others are TOP100 players, but not Tre. He is 10th round target.

10 hours ago, MrBean said:

I got him in 9th round and I'm hoping he'll have 12ppg 6ast 6rebs 😬

That's probably good value for standardish leagues. Tre is an option if you are behind in pg and assist in the late rounds.

They could try to play Primo as the starter PG or as a SG but that's really the only risk there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's a solid player to throw a dart at, particularly if you need assists or your PG3. I'm not great at evaluating young players, so I don't know.  Sometimes these guys can be misses, but if you draft him in the 10th round +, you can drop him in things don't pan out.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

I don't trust anyone in the Spurs outside of Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassell and Jakob Poeltl.

Somebody's gotta run the point, kid had a lot of solid games when Murray was out.

• Like 3

ESPN projects him at roughly 12/4/6/1.2 stls/.4 3s on .492/.792 shooting

I think thats a relatively accurate approximation based off his small sample size as a starter last year. Though given Spurs are in a tanking phase, I expect him to attempt 1 or 2 more 3PA for development purposes or have more freedom offensively which may hinder his FG% a bit, but inch his 3PM closer to 1.

Edited by bloop343
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bloop343 said:

ESPN projects him at roughly 12/4/6/1.2 stls/.4 3s on .492/.792 shooting

I think thats a relatively accurate approximation based off his small sample size as a starter last year. Though given Spurs are in a tanking phase, I expect him to attempt 1 or 2 more 3PA for development purposes or have more freedom offensively which may hinder his FG% a bit, but inch his 3PM closer to 1.

Darren Collison was a great PG3 for many years with those numbers

Edited by MikeXScott

I was trying to target him in my 12-team in the 10th rd and surprisingly he happened to get scooped right before me, which left my to pickup Smart which I wasn't too bummed about that late in the draft.

I think he's in for a solid year. The Darren Collison comp is pretty accurate. I could see more boards, but with Poetl, Socham, and Johnson all being strong rebounders -- I don't see him avging anymore than 4-5, which still is not bad for a guard his size.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Quazza said:

I was targeting him all drafts and landed him in ......none 

He just went a round or two earlier every time. 

Good luck to those that got him 

I got him in mine but my expectations are low. You may even see him on the wire in a league or 2 soon