Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2022-2023 Rotoworld League: The House of Mutombo Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Todays big men are just sad. Mutombo would roll over. I understand keeping two Center slots, but sheesh.

I agree. The Center position dries up quick, and it’s not good like the old days where you used to be able to handcuff C’s because there was a plethora of them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's hard to draft all your guys in a league that follows everything so closely.  Also hard to really differentiate yourself against the competition in a snake draft format.  That being said there were some notable risers and fallers relative to expectation:

Risers: Darius Garland (15), De'Aaron Fox (42), Buddy Hield (55), Jalen Green (56), Alperen Sengun (57), Devin Vassell (69), Jalen Smith (80), Nicolas Claxton (89)

Fallers: Donovan Mitchell (37), Zion Williamson (59), Michael Porter Jr. (81), Jaren Jackson Jr. (102)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Would it be possible to post updates on the standings few times during the season?  For the rest of us it would be interesting to see who can  back all the talk in this forum with the results. 

I think we did a league like that before and the consensus was if everyone agrees.  Don’t wanna hurt anyone’s feelings.  I’m willing to post my own team and thoughts if there is interest and it helps others draft.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll post my team because I’ll most likely com bottom of the league anyways. One thing to preface is that with knowledgeable owners like this group, lots of unpredictable actions happen. I came in with a strategy and left with a blown up strategy and a weak team.

and this is with the second pick.  

 

 

1. (2) Kevin Durant  (BKN - SF,PF)
2. (23) Anthony Edwards  (MIN - SG,SF)
3. (26) Deandre Ayton  (PHX - C)
4. (47) Desmond Bane  (MEM - SG,SF)
5. (50) Jarrett Allen  (CLE - C)
6. (71) Jalen Brunson  (NYK - PG,SG)
7. (74) Mitchell Robinson  (NYK - C)
8. (95) Keegan Murray  (SAC - SF,PF)
9. (98) Franz Wagner  (ORL - SF,PF)
10. (119) Alex Caruso  (CHI - PG,SG)
11. (122) Tre Jones  (SAS - PG)
12. (143) Joe Harris  (BKN - SG,SF)
13. (146) Seth Curry  (BKN - PG,SG)
14. (167) Reggie Jackson  (LAC - PG,SG)
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I’ll post my team because I’ll most likely com bottom of the league anyways. One thing to preface is that with knowledgeable owners like this group, lots of unpredictable actions happen. I came in with a strategy and left with a blown up strategy and a weak team.

and this is with the second pick.  

 

 

1. (2) Kevin Durant  (BKN - SF,PF)
2. (23) Anthony Edwards  (MIN - SG,SF)
3. (26) Deandre Ayton  (PHX - C)
4. (47) Desmond Bane  (MEM - SG,SF)
5. (50) Jarrett Allen  (CLE - C)
6. (71) Jalen Brunson  (NYK - PG,SG)
7. (74) Mitchell Robinson  (NYK - C)
8. (95) Keegan Murray  (SAC - SF,PF)
9. (98) Franz Wagner  (ORL - SF,PF)
10. (119) Alex Caruso  (CHI - PG,SG)
11. (122) Tre Jones  (SAS - PG)
12. (143) Joe Harris  (BKN - SG,SF)
13. (146) Seth Curry  (BKN - PG,SG)
14. (167) Reggie Jackson  (LAC - PG,SG)

Not knowing what the other teams look like, your team isn't that bad.  Tre Jones at 122 is a steal, he will finish top-60 in my opinion.  Between KD, Allen, Robinson and Ayton you should have reb and blks covered.     Ast and stl could be a problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't mind at all if we share standings and have a running league blog.  I'll post my team below with a bit of commentary:

12 Damian Lillard

13 LaMelo Ball 

36 Robert Williams- Happy to take the injury risk tradeoff here.  Even if he misses 20 games, he's worth the 36th pick.  Even better if he sees a slight playing time bump (29.6 min/g last year).

37 Donovan Mitchell- Wasn't expecting him to drop here.  Understand a trade to NYK could crowd him a little, but even then he should still get 18-20 shots a game.  Best case- he starts the year in Utah and goes nuts.

60 OG Anunoby 

61 Mikal Bridges- Taking the 9 cat roto specialist in the 9 cat roto league.

84 Jerami Grant 

85 Wendell Carter

108 Lauri Markkanen- Love when I can get established players in their same role from last year when they've proven to deliver.  69th per game last year.

109 Herbert Jones- Same as above.  77th per game last year.  Yes, Zion is being added in, but Herb's role and minutes should be very similar.  Doesn't depend on usage.

132 Markelle Fultz- One of the best available dart throws remaining.  Clear path to at least 28-32 minutes.  Orlando's offense is much improved; if Fultz pops I have options to trade AST/STL from a position of strength.

133 Cameron Johnson- Some odd trade buzz around Jae Crowder this offseason.  Optimistic that his role opens up and Cam will take it and run.

156 Jonathan Kuminga- Seeing how the GSW rotation shakes out before I dump either Kuminga, Donte or both.

157 Donte DiVincenzo 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Round 1
1. Nikola Jokic(DEN - C) Larry Legend
2. Kevin Durant(BKN - SF,PF) John Starks ...
3. Joel Embiid(PHI - PF,C) Ryan's Remar...
4. Giannis Antetokounmpo(MIL - PF,C) Kaboom
5. Karl-Anthony Towns(MIN - PF,C) Giddy for Gi...
6. Stephen Curry(GSW - PG) StifleTower
7. Luka Doncic(DAL - PG,SG) Code of Hamm...
8. LeBron James(LAL - SF,PF) Mutombo's Gumbo
9. James Harden(PHI - PG,SG) Styler
10. Anthony Davis(LAL - PF,C) Pirate
11. Jayson Tatum(BOS - SF,PF) The Golden E...
12. Damian Lillard(POR - PG) RiseAndFire

Followed by Ball then Trey
I think trey shoulda gone before Lillard but he obv had his reasons. Perhaps Murray taking a few point n assists away. Dame have an off season last year and back regular fg% this season. They basically swapped ranking last season compared the previous.  I’m wishfully hoping AD plays 65 games.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pirate said:
Round 1
1. Nikola Jokic(DEN - C) Larry Legend
2. Kevin Durant(BKN - SF,PF) John Starks ...
3. Joel Embiid(PHI - PF,C) Ryan's Remar...
4. Giannis Antetokounmpo(MIL - PF,C) Kaboom
5. Karl-Anthony Towns(MIN - PF,C) Giddy for Gi...
6. Stephen Curry(GSW - PG) StifleTower
7. Luka Doncic(DAL - PG,SG) Code of Hamm...
8. LeBron James(LAL - SF,PF) Mutombo's Gumbo
9. James Harden(PHI - PG,SG) Styler
10. Anthony Davis(LAL - PF,C) Pirate
11. Jayson Tatum(BOS - SF,PF) The Golden E...
12. Damian Lillard(POR - PG) RiseAndFire

Followed by Ball then Trey
I think trey shoulda gone before Lillard but he obv had his reasons. Perhaps Murray taking a few point n assists away. Dame have an off season last year and back regular fg% this season. They basically swapped ranking last season compared the previous.  I’m wishfully hoping AD plays 65 games.

Yeah, I had 11 pick initially and intended to pick Trey there.  I don’t think he will finish top 10 in per game but he’s one of the most stable, durable picks.  But then again Tatum fell and that’s a solid pick too. LeBron and Luca are the two who went higher than expected, not that I can blame them.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I agree. The Center position dries up quick, and it’s not good like the old days where you used to be able to handcuff C’s because there was a plethora of them. 

It’s either you sacrifice a ton of volume or compromising your FT%. Some don’t even get a block a game.

The last big I was ever satisfied with owning was Hassan Whiteside…

Think I might throw up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DarinB300 changed the title to 2022-2023 Rotoworld League: The House of Mutombo Discussion Thread
  • DarinB300 pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...