NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyren Williams 2022 Outlook

ColoWrex

Just now, owenmills said:

Did your league just draft? After yahoo drafts everyone goes to waivers and has to wait the requisite amount of time to clear(based on your settings). I had a draft Tuesday and the guys on WW won't become free agents until Friday(9/9)

yea drafted Tuesday 9/6. Ok makes sense. Guess the play is to add to waivers with $0 bid, then wait til tomorrow

Just now, jtbgator said:

yea drafted Tuesday 9/6. Ok makes sense. Guess the play is to add to waivers with $0 bid, then wait til tomorrow

The guys playing tonight(like Kyren) will lock for the week once they play and not be available until the day your waivers process next week. Guys not playing tonight will be free agents tomorrow in your league

• Like 1

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Could be McVay's new Malcolm Brown.  Great pass blocker who occasionally pops with a usable week, but is more likely to just drag the backfield out of fantasy relevancy than be of use himself.

I could see that.  Malcolm never got as much run in college as Williams got and he was a UDFA and legacy holdover of the Fisher regime in STL while Williams was actually a guy they drafted in the 5th but they are of a similar genre.

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

The guys playing tonight(like Kyren) will lock for the week once they play and not be available until the day your waivers process next week. Guys not playing tonight will be free agents tomorrow in your league

K I’ll hop over to the Jordan Mason thread now 🤣 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nine9s said:

In Yahoo public money league settings, if you drop a kicker, pickup a player, Kyren Williams, and then before Sunday want to drop Kyren Williams after he played, will the system let you drop him, or will he be locked from waiver moves until Tuesday?

I believe you can drop him if he's on your bench but he stays if you start him, but my memory could be failing me.

3 minutes ago, nine9s said:

In Yahoo public money league settings, if you drop a kicker, pickup a player, Kyren Williams, and then before Sunday want to drop Kyren Williams after he played, will the system let you drop him, or will he be locked from waiver moves until Tuesday?

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I believe you can drop him if he's on your bench but he stays if you start him, but my memory could be failing me.

Not 100% sure but I think what @JE7HorseGodsaid is accurate. If you bench the player, you should be able to drop him. If you start him, obviously you can't drop. I'm not certain though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jtbgator said:

Not 100% sure but I think what @JE7HorseGodsaid is accurate. If you bench the player, you should be able to drop him. If you start him, obviously you can't drop. I'm not certain though.

That is 100% correct for Yahoo leagues. Benched players can be dropped anytime, even after their game has started or is finished, starters are locked at start of game time.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

For the record I don't even really understand the appeal of this player, but it's the first game of the year and I'm going to be drinking, so I'll be damned if I don't hop on this hype train where I can.

All I read was shefter took him in the last round of his draft today and was hyped up. So everyone thinks he knows some secret maybe. I picked him up just to be ahead just in case. Cut him tomorrow if it's a dud if you're in Yahoo

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Who’s gotta better chance to contribute this year? Kyren or Eno Benjamin?

Out of the gates Eno as he could be the #2 behind Conner. Kyren is #3 at best behind Akers and Henderson as it stands now. I do like Kyren's long term potential but the upside this year could be limited if Akers and Henderson stay healthy.

12 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Out of the gates Eno as he could be the #2 behind Conner. Kyren is #3 at best behind Akers and Henderson as it stands now. I do like Kyren's long term potential but the upside this year could be limited if Akers and Henderson stay healthy.

Perhaps the question is who's more likely to get injured, Conner or one/both of Akers and Henderson?

1 hour ago, KCX said:

Perhaps the question is who's more likely to get injured, Conner or one/both of Akers and Henderson?

The way I look at it is a bit different and I'm not sure I have the answer. All have a fairly significant injury risk. So then I defer to offense, usage, ability and skill.

I think Eno is a better athlete and has more upside as a pass catcher. He has the potential to get targets in that offense.

Kyren's skillset from college has shown he can be a pass catching RB but the Rams generally don't throw much to the backs. Maybe that changes if KWs gets some play time? Kyren could grind out a rushing role but I think Henderson and Akers are better rushers so an injury would need to take place.

If I could roster both with a deep bench I would. If I had to pick I probably lean Eno first as I think he fits in that offense well (for fantasy purposes).

I think Kyren Williams could fit very well into the Rams offense, similar to Sony grinding out yards last year, but not sure how fantasy relevant KW would be, unless he ends up taking a bunch of goal line work. Deep leagues and dynasty I definitely would roster KW to see if anything happens.