NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyren Williams 2022 Outlook

ColoWrex

9 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Why do people keep assuming there is going to a bountiful amount of RB targets to go around?  

The Rams are 29th in the NFL in RB targets [while trailing most games].  They have only 40 on the year [4 RB targets per game average].  By comparison the Chargers are first with 116 RB targets.  

Look, maybe that number is a reflection of neither Akers nor Henderson being good receiving backs.  Maybe McVay adjusts the offense to suit Kyren's abilities.  But I don't associate McVay with flexibility or adjustment.  

This team has not incorporated dumpoffs into their game plan, and they've been trailing games for most of the season.  

Only caveat , Karen’s been injured most those games & Stafford was starting

Who knows with the Big Perkinator 

🫣

• Like 1

Well he got 12 points in my ppr league. About what I expected honestly. I mean for him to get 12 points with Perkins looking like the worst QB on an NFL football field this season, I'd say that's a win honestly. They clearly like him over Akers. The problem is can he get enough targets with that woeful QB back there rest of season...

1 minute ago, 3dmansports said:

Well he got 12 points in my ppr league. About what I expected honestly. I mean for him to get 12 points with Perkins looking like the worst QB on an NFL football field this season, I'd say that's a win honestly. They clearly like him over Akers. The problem is can he get enough targets with that woeful QB back there rest of season...

What kind of scoring do you have that he got 12 points. 

60 yards and 3 catches. 

5 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

What kind of scoring do you have that he got 12 points. 

60 yards and 3 catches. 

3 points for the 3 catches, + extra points for receiving. He actually got 11.75 but I rounded up haha

I mean he got more points in my league than Singletary, Pierce, CMac, Cook, Pollard, Akers (obviously), J Williams, Kamara, and Gibson. I'm just sayin...

I don't know what the snap share % was, but I watched a lot of this game and he was almost in there the entire 2nd half...Again, unfortuantely, his QB is an nightmare.

Edited by 3dmansports

10 hours ago, Rainyy said:

I'm betting against Kyren Williams for one simple reason:  Sean McVay........

Prediction for Kyren:  8 carries, 3 targets 

11 carries and 3 targets in actuality.  In the right ballpark.  

Hard to roster Kyren with this volume on the NFL's worst offensive team [Stafford's health depending].  

Akers isn't going away.  The Rams don't throw to their RBs.  They don't score or sustain drives.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Well looky there he outscored Dalvin Cook 🤷‍♀️

Cook JAG.

He fills my RB2 role and projects similar to guys like:

Periine,J.Will,M.Sanders,Pacheco,D.Mont,Connor,C.Pat,R.White,Foremen  and countless other guys that didnt cost 1st round picks and in many cases guys that cost nothing. Somehow there are owners of Cook that still think he is a good pick this season.

• Like 1

He is not running behind a good line. He's too small to go through people and he's probably not athletic enough to escape tackles consistently. He looks like a JAG on a bad team. Whether or not his nine points beat some high profile guys this week doesn't do anything for any of us. I'm guessing the Rams go and draft another RB or two this off-season. I'm unsure if Williams even looks like a good long term dynasty option but, if I can I'll hold for another week unless I see an opportunity. 

8 hours ago, buzzkilloton said:

Cook JAG.

He fills my RB2 role and projects similar to guys like:

Periine,J.Will,M.Sanders,Pacheco,D.Mont,Connor,C.Pat,R.White,Foremen  and countless other guys that didnt cost 1st round picks and in many cases guys that cost nothing. Somehow there are owners of Cook that still think he is a good pick this season.

Who is doing these projections? You might want to find another source.

4 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Who is doing these projections? You might want to find another source.

Hes avg 15 a game which would be about his projection. Those RBs will project for like 2points less in most matchups and dont cost a 1st round pick, In many cases you could get those guys for free off the WW. 

When you take a early RB over the WRs and Kelce they really need to smash to be worth it. Its just so easy to find capable RBs later in the draft. 15 a game is not what your aiming for whatsoever.

Edited by buzzkilloton

I watched the game and thought he looked pretty good.  Good matchups coming up.  He's has third down back role and game script could have the Rams behind.  Also got some early down carries and got all the short yard carries.  Great pick up on blitz that lead to Rams only TD.  Touches increased each of the last three weeks (4, 8, 14).  No reason for the Rams not to see what they have with him rest of year. A league with any depth at all he's a clear add, IMO. 

2 hours ago, bluefrogguy said:

I watched the game and thought he looked pretty good.  Good matchups coming up.  He's has third down back role and game script could have the Rams behind.  Also got some early down carries and got all the short yard carries.  Great pick up on blitz that lead to Rams only TD.  Touches increased each of the last three weeks (4, 8, 14).  No reason for the Rams not to see what they have with him rest of year. A league with any depth at all he's a clear add, IMO. 

Also worth mentioning that he’s a rookie seeing his first meaningful action. He’s probably overthinking everything and playing somewhat cautiously. With more game experience he’ll gain confidence and start playing a bit faster and more instinctively. At the NFL level that can be the difference between looking like a JAG or looking quick/patient/elusive. Not saying he’s going to be a stud, but way too early to make a legit evaluation of his ability/upside. 

47 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I'm not sure what the projection engines are smoking, but his projections this week are surprising.

11.1 PPR in ESPN.

Meanwhile, the likes of R. White is 10.4.

Hmmmm.

Yup on yahoo, my non ppr same thing...all within +/-1 of Pollard, Singletary, rwhite, and gusbus.  I must be missing something.

4 hours ago, bluefrogguy said:

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Also worth mentioning that he’s a rookie seeing his first meaningful action. He’s probably overthinking everything and playing somewhat cautiously. With more game experience he’ll gain confidence and start playing a bit faster and more instinctively. At the NFL level that can be the difference between looking like a JAG or looking quick/patient/elusive. Not saying he’s going to be a stud, but way too early to make a legit evaluation of his ability/upside. 

Biggest issue for me isn't Kyren's talent level. The question also isn't whether he should be rostered... It's whether he'll ever be startable in a non-desperation mode. 

I think coming into the season, the thought was that with Akers, Hendo, etc, and with him (per Schefter) slated in for a big role, that he was a free add with low-end RB1 / high-end RB2 upside. 

Well, the offense is trash, and you could be the bellcow of all bellcows in that offense and not have low-end RB1 / high-end RB2 upside. It's just not there in this offense. 

So I'm looking at Kyren as the guy who is a better stash on my bench right now than what's on the wire, but that I'm hoping I don't have to ever start. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 8:32 AM, Spyplane said:

He is not running behind a good line. He's too small to go through people and he's probably not athletic enough to escape tackles consistently. He looks like a JAG on a bad team. Whether or not his nine points beat some high profile guys this week doesn't do anything for any of us. I'm guessing the Rams go and draft another RB or two this off-season. I'm unsure if Williams even looks like a good long term dynasty option but, if I can I'll hold for another week unless I see an opportunity. 

do they have any draft picks?

4 hours ago, jtbgator said:

I will probably roll with Kyren over Singletary this week FWIW

With all due respect, I think that's a terrible idea. 

Singletary has been a solid, if unspectacular, RB2 all season long. He is RB22 on the season in PPR and he hasn't had a legitimate "dud" game since week 5. He's on a spectacular offense and he is the lead RB on that offense. Admittedly, Allen vultures some rushing opportunities (and rushing TDs), and he's up against a very good defense, but you know what you're going to get with him. 

Kyren is looking like a committee back on an offense missing their #1 and #2 WRs, starting QB, and with a mishmash offensive line due to injury. He's in what SHOULD be a choice matchup, but who is to say that the Rams can exploit that matchup? The Rams are 31st in offensive yards/game, 29th in points/game, and 31st in rushing yards/game. He's a rookie being eased into the [very bad] offense.

The risk of a Kyren dud is massive here, and on this offense I don't see anywhere near the upside potential of Singletary. The Rams might not even reach the end zone in this one, whereas Singletary should at least have opportunities. 

I have both and wouldn't dare start Kyren over Singletary. I'd love to know what you're seeing here that is making you think you should. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1