NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyren Williams 2022 Outlook

ColoWrex

Just now, yossarian said:

He really didn't seem to have any issues with being too slow against upper tier college competition in those highlights. Might just be one of those guys that plays faster than the tests with the cones. 

yeah, kid has a motor - and heart - two intangibles that, much like speed and agility, cannot be taught or coached ... and may actually go longer in helping a cat stay employed in this leeg.  

impressive also that he perfected his blocking and receiving chops to be pro ready ... we've seen plenty of SPARQ freeks who just couldn't grasp those nuances, then bounce around the leeg before a premature ticket to palookaville. 

this kid has his head on straight.  

• Like 3

This is another underrated rookie that will likely end up mattering in our fantasy game. Folks in leagues that allow you to pick up a bench guy and drop him should probably be speculating--just to see how the opening night game shakes out. We got Akers who looks much less explosive and coming off a summer long camp injury and Henderson who also really struggles with soft tissue maladies, and is on an expiring contract. If/when Kyren gets a shot, he could emerge as feature back in a great offense. 🤠

Edited by ST. STEVEN
  • Like 6

yuuuuuuuge feather in the kid's cap is that McVay has yet to trot in street meat - though it prolly means faith in Achers/Hendu being able to go, but, still - he knows how precarious both those chaps have been, yet ol' KW here has the understudy gig on lock, with no camp challenger emerging. 

hoping for at least a handful of touches Toisady ... c'mon! 

cut the kid loose!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pastor3 said:

yuuuuuuuge feather in the kid's cap is that McVay has yet to trot in street meat - though it prolly means faith in Achers/Hendu being able to go, but, still - he knows how precarious both those chaps have been, yet ol' KW here has the understudy gig on lock, with no camp challenger emerging. 

hoping for at least a handful of touches Toisady ... c'mon! 

cut the kid loose!

Yeah I thought about that the other day--they prob could have went back to Sony if they wanted extra depth. They kept Terry Funk around, but he seems to be STs only these days...all that is left is Vegas castoff Trey Ragas on the P squad. I think McVay and Rams have a role in mind for Kyren and that it can exponentially expand if the guys in front of him don't meet expectations or run into health issues.

• Like 4

all three are good to go for Toisday - no sign of 'em on the injury report ...

pretty good that we get to see how ol' KW is deployed with all rb hands on deck - will tell us quite a bit about just how high they really are (or aren't) on him.  

and by the above i'm not saying he needs 10+ touches to justify faith (tho it eould be nice, ngl 🤔) - if we can get a handful or so, especially in key sitches, well - arrow UP ⬆️

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Schefter's last RD pick (I believe I heard on ESPN Fantasy Focus) in the 16 team 'war-room' league and he was pretty excited about it too...

Got him stashed but it would’ve been nice if he was more excited and took him a bit sooner than the last round of a 16 team league …

but I got em, we shall see. 2023 he’ll be on all my teams … 2022 he may not be on my team tomorrow morning 

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Wow, if Kyren Williams actually get usage tonight, good luck with your Akers/Henderson shares.

He's going to get usage.

Question is if it'll just be a handful of plays or if he's out there like half the 3rd downs.

The former is much likelier, but the latter is a possibility. 

Ugh. Just heard about him on the replay of Fantasy Focus... And then went looking for this thread.

I want in! But I don't know who I can justify dropping for him. Gonna have to think about this for a few hours because I'm guessing nobody in my league is going to snipe him before kickoff tonight. 

1 minute ago, bwarbiany said:

Ugh. Just heard about him on the replay of Fantasy Focus... And then went looking for this thread.

I want in! But I don't know who I can justify dropping for him. Gonna have to think about this for a few hours because I'm guessing nobody in my league is going to snipe him before kickoff tonight. 

drop your "streaming" defense

1 minute ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Amazing contact balance. I’m in 

lol You're not allowed to be. You've chosen Jordan Mason.

But seriously, based off speculation this is the guy with a clearer opportunity to carve out an immediate role of the hardly rostered backs.

I'd rather have Williams based off the few things McVay has said about him than Mason, Zamir White, Eno Benjamin, Jaylen Warren etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1