NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyren Williams 2022 Outlook

ColoWrex

3 minutes ago, Pastor3 said:

huh, that's odd - i was keeping a watch on him because i snagged him in a couple drafts, coulda sworn they were gonna unwrap him tonite ... but i'm sure the news on Achers caused the pivot. 

and that's a good thing for KW. 

developing ....

very good thing. one of my absolute favorites this year, is Kyren...as @Pastor3 and I have discussed in other threads.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

very good thing. one of my absolute favorites this year, is Kyren...as @Pastor3 and I have discussed in other threads.

👍

he came in pro ready, and McVay will hit the ground running wif the kid if need be, this "sit" reinforces the spec quite a bit. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pastor3 said:

👍

he came in pro ready, and McVay will hit the ground running wif the kid if need be, this "sit" reinforces the spec quite a bit. 

Kyren Williams is Austin Ekeler light. If he can stay healthy in the NFL, he'll be fantasy relevant, especially in PPR.

3 hours ago, Pastor3 said:

I’d listen intently to anything she said. 

I wouldn’t bet my fantasy team on it but I’d listen intently to her. 

That being said, he seems like one of the better 3rd string RBs in the NFL.

id probably prefer Isaiah Pacheco as my 3rd string RB flyer for now. 

I wonder how Kyren stacks up against @CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast’s super deep sleeper, Larry Rountree?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

I haven't kept up with this dude, but I targeted him late in my only dynasty league.  Has he looked decent in his limited playing time?  He was ridiculous at Notre Dame and I had a feeling that 40 time was bogus... could he actually be valuable already?

He has been recovering from injury and hasn’t played in the preseason at all. He has practiced some recently but has yet to appear in a game.

given the injury histories of cam Akers and Darrell Henderson then yes he certainly could be valuable already. 

the status of cam Akers already has the buzz on Kyren Williams increasing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I’d listen intently to anything she said. 

I wouldn’t bet my fantasy team on it but I’d listen intently to her. 

That being said, he seems like one of the better 3rd string RBs in the NFL.

id probably prefer Isaiah Pacheco as my 3rd string RB flyer for now. 

I wonder how Kyren stacks up against @CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast’s super deep sleeper, Larry Rountree?

I own Kyren, I don’t own Rountree

im sorry I pointed out that Rountree started and stole a TD from your most recent message board hero attempt 

(I like Kelley, you can relax … just like I did last year too)

It’s sad but if he ran a faster 40, which apparently some people still equate to “talent”, he would’ve been a day 2 draft pick 

He was on a my watch list / more of a ‘23 hype train for me … but he’s been getting 1st team reps for a while 

Bonus: He plays Thursday so in some formats you can stash, watch, celebrate or dump for the next hype/hope train

16 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Bonus: He plays Thursday so in some formats you can stash, watch, celebrate or dump for the next hype/hope train

In my drafts up until now I haven’t been drafting a K,D, and sometimes not a TE to hold extra lotto tickets/cuffs in case of injury. This week I will be swapping those guys out  and loading up on McKenzie (if available, usually own him already), Z Moss and K. Williams and will be dropping after the Thurs night game if they don’t look promising. 

Edited by vikesrube

18 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I own Kyren, I don’t own Rountree

im sorry I pointed out that Rountree started and stole a TD from your most recent message board hero attempt 

(I like Kelley, you can relax … just like I did last year too)

Kyren appears to be underrated. Especially with the frustration McVay has shown about his RBs ability to stay healthy. 

i was just bringing up a similar 3rd string RB you had recently hyped up as a comparison, I don’t understand your hostility towards that. 

I wasn’t as excited about Kelley last year like you were. After he rededicated himself to his craft in the offseason and made training camp noise now he is much more palatable. 

Nobody has seen Kyren at the NFL level yet due to his injury and rehab but he is in a decent situation. Still prefer Pacheco to Kyren.

Kyren Williams has been getting first team reps for weeks, just no blurbs to hype the hype

Kyren’s coach opted to hold him out of a meaningless game because of the “big role” they have in mind for him … while Pacheco’s coach ran him deep into the 2nd half of a meaningless last preseason game

CEH is starting in KC. McKinnon is the 3rd down / pass catcher. Pacheco will be returning kicks and best case a time share with injury. Williams was preserved by his coach with 2 injured RBs, 1 of whom unable to run full speed, ahead of him and the other an annual injury waiting to happen 

The RBBC in LA is real, McVay has completely shifted his backfield idealogy and will be running a committee 

It’s very clear, from draft day up until yesterday - that Williams is going to be a big factor in that and eventual replacement for Darrel Henderson 

Get in now. Actions (holding him out last night) speak louder than words

Here's another tidbit re: Kyren now that the cat is out of the bag ... 

He is incredible in pass protection. No, that doesn't get you fantasy points. What is does do is often prohibit RBs from seeing reps ... this will not be the case with Williams. 

but he ran a slow 40 so he has no talent ... 

Get him.

48 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He is incredible in pass protection. No, that doesn't get you fantasy points. What is does do is often prohibit RBs from seeing reps ... this will not be the case with Williams. 

Get him.

Ya this isn’t David Montgomery who never had a long run in his career at Iowa state. Or some scrappy kid who broke a lot of tackles in the mountain west or sun belt conferences like singletary or moss in buffalo 

This kid regularly Played elite talent and produced. He regularly made long runs despite playing at notre dame when they had one of the lesser offensive lines that they’ve had in a while. Reminds me of a ray rice. Not an elite athlete but just a great football player. Idk what happened during his 40 time but he doesn’t run 4.7 on the field.. A 4.7 can’t outrun Clemsons defense for 65 yards. 

Edited by Stonej14
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, vikesrube said:

I draft Tuesday in my main league. Every other sleeper has already gained enormous steam. Can we just agree to keep this quiet so I can have at least this 1 stash? 

we're lucky the blurbs havent caught up yet, but it's only a matter of time now that they have the Akers one up 

it sure is fascinating that there weren't any "Kyren Williams getting first team reps" blurbs recently 

Short term: Akers and Henderson both recovering from soft tissue injuries

Long term: Akers and Williams the 1-2 combo in the backfield 

Remember Stafford/Theo Riddick? Now he has a more talented version that can actually do something with the ball after he catches it. 

• Like 1

They liked his college tape enough to trade up to get him (with limited draft capital as per usual)...when he gets an opportunity in this offense, he could quite well runaway with it. Akers can't even run full speed right now and Henderson is a walking soft tissue injury. I am all in on this kid, esp at the very modest cost of acquisition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Get him.

Alright fine I'm in