NBC Sports EDGE Forums

D/St 2022 Outlook

beerfish

1 minute ago, wahoos1 said:

Colts or Philly? In a real close matchup 

Probably shouldn’t start any D to avoid the disappointment they always offer anyways.

I keep my TE and Defense spot empty from now on to keep myself honest and the crapshoot most of this game is lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Probably shouldn’t start any D to avoid the disappointment they always offer anyways.

I keep my TE and Defense spot empty from now on to keep myself honest and the crapshoot most of this game is lol

I feel you, lost Pitts, not that he was doing anything, went with Higbee thinking he would be safety for rookie QB and he gets a goose egg 🤦🏻‍♂️

10 hours ago, harck said:

I don't think there's a set and forget DST this year, in past years that has been extremely rare beyond a couple Pats teams. Just play the matchups. Pick up whomever plays against Houston, Denver, LAR, or Chicago (sans Fields) week to week.

Grabbed SEA before kickoffs for the LAR matchup next week. After watching LV torch that D in SEA not so sure a B. Perkins can't put points on those bozos.

CLE vs HOU a good option. There supposed horrible run D did a pretty decent job bottling up R. White on the ground. If D. Watson back, I wonder if he wants to get up big on his old team making D. Pierce useless.

• Like 1

I think NE isn't an awful play vs Buffalo next week. Game is in Foxboro and even though Buff is typically a bad defensive matchup Allen is prone to turnovers. 

Trying to figure out what weeks left I still want to start NE

Might do ok vs Arizona week 14 but fantasy playoffs aren't ideal : @LV, Cincy(chase is back), Miami

13 hours ago, owenmills said:

I think NE isn't an awful play vs Buffalo next week. Game is in Foxboro and even though Buff is typically a bad defensive matchup Allen is prone to turnovers. 

Trying to figure out what weeks left I still want to start NE

Might do ok vs Arizona week 14 but fantasy playoffs aren't ideal : @LV, Cincy(chase is back), Miami

I dropped them. They’ve been awesome but they just don’t have a ceiling anymore with these matchups. They were great while they lasted! 

10 hours ago, drisser said:

Planning to start TB vs NO next week. Anyone else?

Man, smoke em if you got em. NO looks more lost than TB. 

7 hours ago, gmoneypm said:

Seahawks vs Rams 

As horrific as Seattle's run defense was last week, yeah, this is probably a good play on paper, though as a Seahawks fan I've suffered through them losing games against ridiculously weak lineups in recent seasons. They're practically a dream opponent for second- and third-stringers.

Having said that, I was also planning on rolling out the Seahawks Sunday, but I've luckily moved into playoff prep mode as of last night, so I'm gonna drop Seattle (while keeping Buffalo) and pick up the Chargers because they're playing the Rams in Championship week, plus the Colts in week 16..If you're lucky enough to have clinched a spot, the Chargers have the dream draw of the one-two combo of offenses giving up the most fantasy points this season. It's hard to trust that defense, but they'll have something to play for most likely, and a draw like this doesn't come along every year.

8 hours ago, gmoneypm said:

Seahawks vs Rams 

SEA D has been trending poorly, but not sure the LAR can take full advantage. Also, SEA will be looking to rebound big time as they're still in the hunt.

Right now have SEA D starting, but may make CLE D (vs HOU) top waiver priority then go from there.

4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

SEA D has been trending poorly, but not sure the LAR can take full advantage. Also, SEA will be looking to rebound big time as they're still in the hunt.

Right now have SEA D starting, but may make CLE D (vs HOU) top waiver priority then go from there.

I haven't watched either guy play much but based on box scores Wolford at least seems decently competent compared to Perkins who I saw play some at UVA and leaned on his legs alot in college. I'd be worried about a trap game if Wolford was the QB especially if Rams D rolls over and it's a blowout and Seattle ends up not caring about giving up points in garbage time. 

3 hours ago, 99-percent-sure said:

As horrific as Seattle's run defense was last week, yeah, this is probably a good play on paper, though as a Seahawks fan I've suffered through them losing games against ridiculously weak lineups in recent seasons. They're practically a dream opponent for second- and third-stringers.

Having said that, I was also planning on rolling out the Seahawks Sunday, but I've luckily moved into playoff prep mode as of last night, so I'm gonna drop Seattle (while keeping Buffalo) and pick up the Chargers because they're playing the Rams in Championship week, plus the Colts in week 16..If you're lucky enough to have clinched a spot, the Chargers have the dream draw of the one-two combo of offenses giving up the most fantasy points this season. It's hard to trust that defense, but they'll have something to play for most likely, and a draw like this doesn't come along every year.

I love the matchups, but I can't get behind the Chargers. They've already burned me twice badly early in the year.

In standard Yahoo scoring, they are the 29th ranked fantasy defense in average points per game. I'm not putting my fantasy championship on the line for a team that is shown us exactly who they are through the first 12 weeks of the season.

Last week I made the move to stash Tennessee for their Week 16 matchup vs. Houston. And I'm lucky enough to have Philly, can start them Week 17 vs. NO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This is the question. You feel like the Bucs' D has been a little better but Houston may actually be worse. I'm leaning TB right now but it's darn close. 

I'm starting to lean a little more with Cleveland. We should be best friends and do the same thing together. Brother in arms type of thing.

best-friends-gif.gif

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Haha 2