Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rachaad White 2022 Outlook


MonsterMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Loyaltothegame said:

Kid would be a league winner In this offense if fournette got injured. 3 down skill set.

Looks like Fournette participated in every game last year and in 2019. 2020 had a number of games woth <= 5 carries.  I havent owned any pieces of TB backfield so don't recall well if he was super limited for some games last.  What level of optimism is there that Fournette will actually miss games this year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Looks like Fournette participated in every game last year and in 2019. 2020 had a number of games woth <= 5 carries.  I havent owned any pieces of TB backfield so don't recall well if he was super limited for some games last.  What level of optimism is there that Fournette will actually miss games this year?

I don't have any optimism fournette will miss any games. The bucs theoretically should be a top 10 offense once fully healthy and if their lead back goes down the backup holds significant value. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Looks like Fournette participated in every game last year and in 2019. 2020 had a number of games woth <= 5 carries.  I havent owned any pieces of TB backfield so don't recall well if he was super limited for some games last.  What level of optimism is there that Fournette will actually miss games this year?

Fournette missed games both years but not necessarily during the fantasy season.  

2021 - Weeks 16 & 17 (18 but doesn't really matter for fantasy)

2019 - Week 17 (didn't matter for fantasy)

Who knows if injury will happen.... but Lenny has missed games in every year of his career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

Fournette missed games both years but not necessarily during the fantasy season.  

2021 - Weeks 16 & 17 (18 but doesn't really matter for fantasy)

2019 - Week 17 (didn't matter for fantasy)

Who knows if injury will happen.... but Lenny has missed games in every year of his career.

Gotcha.  The way people were talking in here I was expecting him to have missed like 3-5+ games most seasons. I do remember RoJo having some fantasy relevance in TB, but yeah, a bit surprised.  I'm still holding White tho.  Not hoping for an injury, just an opportunity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

look, i kno this kid is a valuable cuff/hold spec ... but ol' Lenny came in wif a barking hammy, and still took every effin' touch - they weren't gonna trust the rook in such a desperate game script.  not good.  

what little scraps White had managed to procure thru the first coupla games weren't exactly seismic by any stretch, either.  

tough hold rn, but we soldier on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pastor3 said:

look, i kno this kid is a valuable cuff/hold spec ... but ol' Lenny came in wif a barking hammy, and still took every effin' touch - they weren't gonna trust the rook in such a desperate game script.  not good.  

what little scraps White had managed to procure thru the first coupla games weren't exactly seismic by any stretch, either.  

tough hold rn, but we soldier on. 

Counter-point; if they keep giving Lenny 90-100% workload, the situation changes from if he gets hurt, to when he gets hurt...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom Brady is the coach now.

And he's not a very good coach.

Fournette getting 100% snap rate is absurd, and no good will come of it.

But I would be concerned that Tom makes them sign a reliable vet like Freeman or Bell if something were to happen to Fournette.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody thinking White is going to be a bellcow or a anywhere close to a 1:1 replacement for Fournette needs to have their head checked. I don't care what he did in college or if he throws good blocks in practice. If he was as good as he's been pumped up to be, Fournette would not be getting this kind of usage. At the very least, he'd get the kind of workload that RoJo got last year.

At this point, he's an understudy. He's a hold if you have the bench space, but I'd be surprised to see him own the backfield should something happen to Fournette.

Edited by SkittleMania
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SkittleMania said:

Anybody thinking White is going to be a bellcow or a anywhere close to a 1:1 replacement for Fournette needs to have their head checked. I don't care what he did in college or if he throws good blocks in practice. If he was as good as he's been pumped up to be, Fournette would not be getting this kind of usage. At the very least, he'd get the kind of workload that RoJo got last year.

At this point, he's an understudy. He's a hold if you have the bench space, but I'd be surprised to see him own the backfield should something happen to Fournette.

Counterpoint is- something is very likely to happen to Fournette and Rachaad White's other competition is VERY underwhelming. Keyshawn Vaughn is significantly less than a JAG and Gio is already on IR.

Goose eggs don't matter if the guys on your bench anyway. Just keeps him fresh for when it's his turn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

His opportunities were probably more a reflection of how the game went. Its was a total scrap with both defenses playing very well. One mistake could end the game for the other side and in those instances why would a coach go with a rookie over a seasoned vet who delivered in the past? Better times are likely ahead but this isn't mean to be an endorsement to keep him on your bench. There's no telling when he gets those opportunities. Could be next week, could be next season, who knows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, roscobangs said:

Yeah. I don't know if I can keep holding this dude. Even if Lenny went down I think they bring someone else in.

Marlon Mack and Tevin Coleman are already taken by the 49ers. JaMychal Hasty is taken too. So is Dare Ogunbowale. Who do you think is left unclaimed that has the potential to be more than a literal guy with a pulse? The RB workout circuit is worse than it's ever been

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

Marlon Mack and Tevin Coleman are already taken by the 49ers. JaMychal Hasty is taken too. So is Dare Ogunbowale. Who do you think is left unclaimed that has the potential to be more than a literal guy with a pulse? The RB workout circuit is worse than it's ever been

Idk, man. I'm not about to look it up but maybe Devonta Freeman/Latavious Murray/Kenyan Drake. Prob some guys available for nothing in a trade as well.

0% rb touches just seems like a pretty obvious sign to me that they wouldn't trust this guy with any sort of workload that would be worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, roscobangs said:

Idk, man. I'm not about to look it up but maybe Devonta Freeman/Latavious Murray/Kenyan Drake. Prob some guys available for nothing in a trade as well.

0% rb touches just seems like a pretty obvious sign to me that they wouldn't trust this guy with any sort of workload that would be worth it.

Latavius and Kenyan Drake are taken too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kball09 said:

In theory.

But Tampa's offense will be miles better than Seattle's offense

From 2020 to now he's played in 44% of regular season games. Over that same period of time Fournette has played in 83% of games. You can dismiss facts if you like, you're only hurting yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

From 2020 to now he's played in 44% of regular season games. Over that same period of time Fournette has played in 83% of games. You can dismiss facts if you like, you're only hurting yourself.

I'm not "dismissing facts", I'm dismissing a crappy offense. If you want to invest in backup RBs on crappy offense, you're only hurting yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...