Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rachaad White 2022 Outlook


MonsterMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

I thought it was just cramps during the game.  You can watch the play here at the 1:32 mark.  Limping a little and grimacing after the play.

https://www.buccaneers.com/video/leonard-fournette-highlights-bucs-cowboys-week-1-big-play-2022

CSB: White was dropped just before waivers this week as a league mate had to get guys off his IR to make moves.  I didn't make any claims this week so am thinking I'm going to burn that waiver on White tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Picked him up right after the draft mostly on the premise that he was a prolific pass catching back in college and Tommy loves throwing to his RBs. Then in camp there is footage of him making a great pass pro block for Tom so his stock only continued to rise. Now after seeing his usage and ability I’m very  grateful no one else drafted him. Rachaad is going to be very useful this year. He looks the part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I received trade offers in two leagues- they are trying to acquire this guy off my roster. Something is up in the market or fantasy world- no coincidence. Feels like this guy has rb1 written all over him if Fournette is down…Brady is already throwing him check downs!

He popped up in some podcasts this week as a guy to keep an eye on. I would assume that's what caused the interest. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is probably obvious but, outside of very shallow leagues or weird formats (start 1 RB only, etc.), Rachaad White should be rostered in every league.  If he's available in yours, go add him now.  This is the case even if Fournette practices in full today.  It was the case the moment White played as the second RB on SNF.  This guy has bigger upside than almost any handcuff if he hits.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

This is probably obvious but, outside of very shallow leagues or weird formats (start 1 RB only, etc.), Rachaad White should be rostered in every league.  If he's available in yours, go add him now.  This is the case even if Fournette practices in full today.  It was the case the moment White played as the second RB on SNF.  This guy has bigger upside than almost any handcuff if he hits.

👆this right here.  I won't dispute Lenny is great when he's out there but lets not forget:

Sep 9, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Fournette strained his right hamstring in the 2nd quarter against the Giants and missed the following 2 games.
Sep 30, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Fournette re-injured his right hamstring in his return against the Jets and missed the following 4 games. He returned after the Week 9 bye.
Jan 1, 2020 NFL Cervical Neck Strain  Leonard Fournette missed the season finale against the Colts as he was listed as a limited participant on practice report due to a neck injury.
Sep 30, 2020 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Fournette missed Week 4's win over the Chargers due to an ankle injury 
Oct 14, 2020 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Fournette was sidelined for the second time in three games as a result of an ankle injury
Dec 19, 2021 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Fournette suffered a hamstring injury during Week 15's loss to the Saints. He was added to Injured Reserve and missed four games
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you guys think White is a better stash than Jahan Dotson or Treylon Burks? I'd have to drop one of them to pick up White.

I understand the reasoning for wanting this guy on your roster, but I've been burned in the past stashing a potential "league winning" cuff only to pass on guys on the wire who blow up and the my cuff never gets the PT when the starter doesn't go down with injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Do you guys think White is a better stash than Jahan Dotson or Treylon Burks? I'd have to drop one of them to pick up White.

I understand the reasoning for wanting this guy on your roster, but I've been burned in the past stashing a potential "league winning" cuff only to pass on guys on the wire who blow up and the my cuff never gets the PT when the starter doesn't go down with injury.

Depends.

If you are thin at WR I'd keep Dotson/ Burks.

If you're thin at RB I'd keep White.

If you're looking good all around and play in a 2 WR league I'd keep White as RBs have more value in that type of league.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ASU fan and man this dude was electric out of thr backfield esp receiving the ball in college.  Picked him up as the TB WRs seem pretty banged up so I could see him getting extra targets.  He's on the bench this week but if he has a big game he could be a top WW target so trying to get ahead of the curve here.  I'm hoping (not sure) he has standalone value, but if not, he's an elite handcuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

ASU fan and man this dude was electric out of thr backfield esp receiving the ball in college.  Picked him up as the TB WRs seem pretty banged up so I could see him getting extra targets.  He's on the bench this week but if he has a big game he could be a top WW target so trying to get ahead of the curve here.  I'm hoping (not sure) he has standalone value, but if not, he's an elite handcuff.

He’s from KC MO my hometown and played at Center High School who was in the same conference as my HS. Anyway that piqued my interest in him and holy **** he’s a baller. Explosive, incredible pass catching chops and showed some pass pro ability in camp.    I added him right after the draft in my big money league. Easy hold for me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2022 at 12:34 AM, kball09 said:

Long way to go, but if the Bucs wrap up this division early, the fantasy playoffs could be prime "let's say Lenny has a hamstring issue and let him rest for a few weeks" time. The way the Panthers and Falcons look, Tampa might cruise control their way to this.

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...