NBC Sports EDGE Forums

David Njoku 2022 Outlook

I get coverage/gameplan can vary week-to-week, but hopefully they now see he should be a big part of the offense. I think this coach is smarter than most out there and will continue to incorporate him moving forward. Given the TE landscape, he absolutely has the ability to be a top 10 weekly play--and also brings rare upside for the position.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I get coverage/gameplan can vary week-to-week, but hopefully they now see he should be a big part of the offense. I think this coach is smarter than most out there and will continue to incorporate him moving forward. Given the TE landscape, he absolutely has the ability to be a top 10 weekly play--and also brings rare upside for the position.

like others, I had him originally and then dropped him with his duds. I look to re-add cause Knox has been terrible for me. Hoping the Browns continue to give him targets

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I definitely think it's safe to he is a top 10 tight end. The floor might be 2 catches for 17 yards on a day where he's primarily blocking. But the days where they aren't getting much pressure, his upside could be what he did last Thursday against the Steelers. And yet, as I say that, you'd think it was the perfect night for him to be blocking against their pass rush. Which makes me feel that the Njoku & Brissett just needed time to get in sync. Clearly, Cooper & Njoku are top pass catchers in the Browns offense.

They have another good matchup this Sunday against the Falcons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

like others, I had him originally and then dropped him with his duds. I look to re-add cause Knox has been terrible for me. Hoping the Browns continue to give him targets

You and me and everyone else. How much we bidding? Can’t believe I’m trying to reaquire this guy.

54 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

He was on my bench but I didn't drop him because he was getting like 90% of the snaps. I'll put him back in my starting lineup this week so expect another 3 targets, 2 receptions, 16 yards type game 🙂

Because that’s fantasy. Meanwhile the other tight end you’ve been starting will blow up on your bench. 

• Like 1

It will be important to keep in mind how much of a dart throw the TE position is as a whole. Even if he drops another stinker, don't get impatient, now that we've seen what is possible with him and Brissett. I only stuck with him due to scarcity in my league, but even if he drops another turd next week he'll be staying in my lineup.

• Like 1

This guy is my Pitts replacement after trading away Kyle... here's to hoping the "coverage" Stefanski is looking for persists and Njoku gets fed. Clearly talented and free of Baker, but undeniably will have goose egg games here and there. Whatever, TE is a wasteland per usual and this guy has better upside than most.

We've seen this from him before. The talent's always been there. Pretty sure he had a week like this last year where he dropped like 150 then had like 6 the very next week. 

Anything's possible, I'm just not sure why NOW would be when they suddenly start using him like a TE1. Don't get me wrong, I feel like they should, but they haven't in 4 years, what is there to indicate it'll happen moving forward? Just because he ran a lot of routes this week? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

We've seen this from him before. The talent's always been there. Pretty sure he had a week like this last year where he dropped like 150 then had like 6 the very next week. 

Anything's possible, I'm just not sure why NOW would be when they suddenly start using him like a TE1. Don't get me wrong, I feel like they should, but they haven't in 4 years, what is there to indicate it'll happen moving forward? Just because he ran a lot of routes this week? 

him & Hooper cannibalized each other's routes last year, with some Bryant tossed in ... was brutal for both. 

but now, with pizzazz needed in this passing game - and a qb who favors the TE (as i pernted out earlier in this thread), well ... here we are. 

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Pastor3
format

54 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

I dont get it. We know this guy. He's 29. Good blocker. He is to TE what Mack Hollins is to WR this year in fantasy. 

Except he's not. He's an exception athlete and a great receiver. They just need to use him - all the time. He's that good. See last week's game. Also he's not old.

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Can't say he'll be targeted regularly going forward, but the change in QB is reason to think its possible he gets more looks than in the past. Not sure how his route run % is this year compared to in the past, but that would be interesting to see.

• Like 1