NBC Sports EDGE Forums

David Njoku 2022 Outlook

Seems like he has all the talent to be a top TE, but even tonight seems like the perfect opportunity for the Stefanski to key in on using Njoku as a blocker against the Steelers D.

I heard that Stefanski is using Njoku & Harrison Bryant comparable to Kyle Rudolph & Tyler Conklin back in his Minnesota days.

Too bad he can't be traded.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy

6 minutes ago, historyismade23 said:

Did anyone drop him?  I'm salty I dropped him in 1 out of the few I have him in...  I was thinking about adding back just before the game started to stash him on bench.  Oh well it was a PPR league too

You're not alone. His roster number on Yahoo went from 70% to 50%.

I nearly dropped him too (for Juwan Johnson or Isaiah Likely), but just barely held on.

But don't get FOMO yet. He had a 7 catch, 150 yard, 1 TD game in early October before not eclipsing 40 yards the rest of year.

He could still have his games where he's primarily a blocker.

10 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

You're not alone. His roster number on Yahoo went from 70% to 50%.

I nearly dropped him too (for Juwan Johnson or Isaiah Likely), but just barely held on.

But don't get FOMO yet. He had a 7 catch, 150 yard, 1 TD game in early October before not eclipsing 40 yards the rest of year.

He could still have his games where he's primarily a blocker.

Exactly. Most people don’t have time to wait for David Njoku. 

Edited by hangin n wangin

2 hours ago, Foppatosakic said:

Kudos to everyone who held on. I sadly did not.

I held on but only because I play on yahoo's platform and I figured since its Thursday night, I can bench him, see what he does and then drop after the game (or so I thought. Not dropping now). If he'd been playing a Sunday or Monday game I'd have already cut bait. As it is, now I still have him and can start him next week when he'll get only 2 targets and one catch for 4 yards 🙂 Such is the the unpredictable bust-bust-boom mediocre fantasy TE roulette wheel. 

3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

If anyone started him today they in a 18 team leaguer or just a jack a**.

Yeah I can't imagine anybody who started him considers themselves a genius, but rather lucky. I looked at the wire in a 14T and it was bad enough to stick with him. Likely to be plenty other duds ahead, though tonight was encouraging. Just not trusting it to keep up.