NBC Sports EDGE Forums

David Njoku 2022 Outlook

4 hours ago, FantasySportsterOfTheYear1 said:

I will be starting Count Njoku and cutting Knox after tonight’s debacle. I expect big things from The Count. 

I too, will be doing something similar. Started Knox with my Josh Allen stack, but from the game last night, Knox is pretty low on the pecking order 

9 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Most expensive backup TE. Harrison Bryant with 4 targets to Njoku's 1. Just one game, but all the talk of the Browns' featuring him...not today.

Apparently you pay $14 million dollars for this. I don't get it. I'm not sure anyone gets it. But it's happening. Just maybe not in a good way

It's like 6 straight years of this guy where we're all like "THIS is the season. He's the total package. THIS is the season the Browns finally take advantage of what he can do". And every season the Browns are like "look at how good he is at blocking. Isn't he a great blocker?" Damn, man. 

• Like 3

On 9/12/2022 at 2:08 PM, yossarian said:

It's like 6 straight years of this guy where we're all like "THIS is the season. He's the total package. THIS is the season the Browns finally take advantage of what he can do". And every season the Browns are like "look at how good he is at blocking. Isn't he a great blocker?" Damn, man. 

Kind of sounds like what happened to O.J. Howard.  In one of my redraft leagues I grabbed Andrews, but in the others I did what I normally do.  Wait on tight ends.  For some reason every year I think there are guys that are sleepers who will put up numbers.  Needless to say, it often doesn't work out.  This year I was thinking Irv Smith, Njoku, Tonyan.  I have faith in Tonyan still, but not the first two.

In one of those leagues I have Smith and Njoku.  So week 1 sucked.  I'm not waiting to see if they start to perform.  I grabbed Howard in the two leagues I don't have Andrews in.  Howard has ability, and in Houston he should have opportunity.  That he did what he did in week 1, after just joining the team, makes me think they are going to use him.  And his usage should only increase as time goes on.  I think most fantasy managers aren't rushing out to grab him, but I'm not willing to wait until he has another good game to put in a claim, because by then it'll be too late.

There's a chance Howard does nothing of course, but I think he's got more upside than most at this position.  Might take a few weeks to really realize it, if it happens at all.

Edited by Dream On