NBC Sports EDGE Forums

David Njoku 2022 Outlook

5 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

He put in a limited practice today and has been removed from the injury report.  I'm afraid he still may be on a limited snap count until we see otherwise.

Is anyone starting him? 

Out of desperation. Definitely not confident. I mentioned it earlier in the thread but injuries often lead to changes. They may like what they've seen with Bryant and Njoku out there together, or maybe just like what they saw with Bryant in general. I'd expect Njoku's snap percentage to climb closer to what it was earlier in the year, but I'm definitely concerned Bryant eats into his production significantly more than he has been. 

Starting him .. I'll live with the end results 

I think the limited snaps news we're hearing recently is all just coach talk.

Yeah maybe his 2nd week back from injury he's not right back to 80-90% snaps just yet, but Njoku is still better than most TE's

This dude was super consistent before going down & there's about a handful of tight ends I rather own over him

Kelce, Andrews, Kittle , Muth (maybe) , Schultz (maybe) 

And Deshaun returning next week might just take him & this entire offense to a new level. 

Just now, RunCMC said:

Starting him .. I'll live with the end results 

I think the limited snaps news we're hearing recently is all just coach talk.

Yeah maybe his 2nd week back from injury he's not right back to 80-90% snaps just yet, but Njoku is still better than most TE's

This dude was super consistent before going down & there's about a handful of tight ends I rather own over him

Kelce, Andrews, Kittle , Muth (maybe) , Schultz (maybe) 

And Deshaun returning next week might just take him & this entire offense to a new level. 

He’s had his limited snaps in Week 11. Bryant may siphon off targets from Njoku, but it won’t be because of snap counts.

3 minutes ago, chucky said:

He’s had his limited snaps in Week 11. Bryant may siphon off targets from Njoku, but it won’t be because of snap counts.

There was an update yesterday on Yahoo stating Stefanski said he was unsure if Njoku's workload would see a major increase this week. 

Complete baloney imo . And Bryant is a JAG not worried about him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

I'm optimistic about this as well. Deshaun has always had bums at TE and still got them decently involved, I feel like he could really utilize Njoku. Everyone should get an uptick. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Legooo , did anyone watch the game was he out there for most snaps ?

Snap count %’s aren't released until a day or 2 after

Super Saiyan 3 with Deshaun ? Ohhh yeah !

Was watching on redzone and he was out there pretty much every time it tuned into Bucs Browns

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Seems safe to start ROS. 

Hoping he'll have good chemistry with Watson.

There's hardly any TE I would call 'safe' right now. He's got a pulse at least, all you can do at TE position is plug guys like that in and pray

I hope there's chemistry and but I also hope Watson doesn't suck coming out of the gate. The dude hasn't thrown an NFL pass in almost 2 years. I ain't got time for that

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

There's hardly any TE I would call 'safe' right now. He's got a pulse at least, all you can do at TE position is plug guys like that in and pray

I hope there's chemistry and but I also hope Watson doesn't suck coming out of the gate. The dude hasn't thrown an NFL pass in almost 2 years. I ain't got time for that

Yes, safe to start with disclaimers. You have to live with the possibility of a dud here and there.