NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dameon Pierce 2022 Outlook

On 11/23/2022 at 6:56 PM, harck said:

I think Kyle Allen will be better for Pierce than Dougie. Dougie doesn't check down much, he throws to Pierce on designed passes to him, but that's about it. Kyle Allen if I recall has a high checkdown rate. You also can't get any worse than Mills is playing right now, Allen moved the ball decently well in Washington. I think it will be a net upgrade for Pierce.

Exactly this. Allen has a fairly good history of using his backs a ton for check downs. Looking forward to the change at QB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a shame, but this team is combusting. His schedule down the stretch is fairly rough too. I ended up impulse dropping for Pacheco who was still sitting on the wire. Pierce clearly has talent, but the OL has given up, the team has pretty much given up. The defense is injured and talentless, and the offense is playing with 0 pulse. 

In prior games, they left him in for garbage time and he'd get a bail out TD at times. Today, they pulled him for garbage time and we saw Ogunbawole poach a late TD. The poor gamescripts will continue, and the lack of garbage time usage craters his floor. 

4 hours ago, harck said:

In prior games, they left him in for garbage time and he'd get a bail out TD at times.

??

he's gone 7 straight weeks wifout a rushing TD, and the last one he scored was in their last win ... and the 2 games prior to that where he scored were not blowouts by any stretch. 

the one receiving TD he scored was in a 17-10 loss. 

dunno where you arrived at stating he was "left in for bail out TDs" when pretty much each of the 4 he scored were in competitive games. 

🤷

6 hours ago, Pastor3 said:

??

he's gone 7 straight weeks wifout a rushing TD, and the last one he scored was in their last win ... and the 2 games prior to that where he scored were not blowouts by any stretch. 

the one receiving TD he scored was in a 17-10 loss. 

dunno where you arrived at stating he was "left in for bail out TDs" when pretty much each of the 4 he scored were in competitive games. 

🤷

"At times." The literal last second catch + TD in the 17-10 loss took his fantasy day from 5 points to 12 points that week. My point was that garbage time gave him a safer floor. If that's gone, the floor is gone and that's pretty true. We saw in garbage time the other day Dare Ogunbowale got a TD that would normally go to Pierce, alongside a couple receptions.

Edited by harck
  • Haha 1

Dolphins have given up the second least rushing yards to the RB spot all year and the Commanders have also been stout against the run as well. Giving Pierce and his offensive line a mulligan for the last two matchups. As of now I view Pierce as a matchup play which before the last two duds he was set and forget. Well this week the matchup says must start. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

Will be playing Pierce week 13 (CLE), 15 (KC), 17 (IND) and benching 14 (DAL), 16 (TEN).

I’m hoping to get the confidence back this week against Cleveland. 

Right now the way I see it: Indy is pretty good against the run, and KC has blowout potential that could force Damien out of the game script. Really just need the entire offense to start playing better!

Edited by oaklandy