NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dameon Pierce 2022 Outlook

15 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I'm taking him earlier than ADP. I'm not saying he's Arian Foster but I went early on Arian Foster(?)🤔 before he was Arian Foster(!) 💥😎💥 and I was fine with being the a**hole who went early on a guy who failed to live up to good buzz. I've been that a**hole before and I'll be that a**hole again.

I've also been the a**hole who went early on a guy who people were unsure about and who did well and who I then gloated about. I'll probably be that a**hole again also! 🤣

a$$·hole
/ˈasˌhōl/

noun
VULGAR SLANGNORTH AMERICAN
  1. 1. 
    a person's anus.

2. 2. 
    a stupid, irritating, or contemptible person.

16 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:
a$$·hole
/ˈasˌhōl/

noun
VULGAR SLANGNORTH AMERICAN
  1. 1. 
    a person's anus.

2. 2. 
    a stupid, irritating, or contemptible person.

Don't be an a**hole. (Mods, jk)

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1

Need more updates like this splashed across the FF community.

Rex Burkhead and Marlon Mack are listed as the co-No. 1 backs on Houston's first unofficial depth chart.

Welcome to "or" season. Mack is the first back listed if you'd like to read into that. Rookie Dameon Pierce starts as the third-stringer. It seems likely the Texans will use more Pierce than anyone in the preseason, but Mack could get some carries as he was mostly mothballed by the Colts last season. Ultimately Mack and Burkhead will likely be a starting committee until Pierce overcomes them, whenever that is.

Aug 9, 2022, 4:59 PM ET
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

They always make the rookies “earn” it.. stupid but it helps us

He likely starts as backup - just how NFL coaches are, but even in backup roll, with the reports on him, and how he played in college, I suspect he will get at least 10 carries in the games, a few passes while he is backup, and will be more involved within a few games unless one of the others plays better - fans will likely demand it. 

49 yards on his first five carries.  His shortest carry was ~4 yards.  He ripped off 20 yards on first carry after Mack struggled.   There was a flag after his fifth carry, and at first I thought it was against him because he hit a player so violently but it was against the defense. 

Edited by nine9s
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Grungejrrgv said:

Plus Pierce was proly facing the 2nd and 3rd stringers much inferior competition

let's get some tape up in here to drive the price down even further ... 

... kid's a plodder, shoulda broke that mutha to the house. 

Bulkhead/Makk are consummate pros who will prolly dominate touches. 

did i mention the kid's a plodder?

i mean, he couldn't outrun chaps who'll be selling cantaloupe off the back of trucks in a couple weeks. 

pure fluff. 

🥳

(IN before some schlub fails to detect the sarcasm ... i hate to have to include this rider, but, it be whut it beee).

Edited by Pastor3
fixed link
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Grungejrrgv said:

Plus Pierce was proly facing the 2nd and 3rd stringers much inferior competition

True, but while a lot of those guys he's playing with & against won't make the team or play much, he's a rookie, the condensed talent pool is much stiffer than what he was facing just 8-9 months ago.  

EDIT: I see, um, I think any attempt to retard his adp in this one forum is near irrelevant.  

Edited by markrc99
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

EDIT: I see, um, I think any attempt to retard his adp in this one forum is near irrelevant.  

Mark I have to tell you you are a very knowledgeable guy who I can tell watches a lot of football and I enjoy your posts, but you need some work on your "planning fake conspiracy" game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Didn’t get in until the 2nd quarter even with Burkhead out. Ogunbowale with the 3rd down work. Easy pass on Pierce for this year. 

2 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

That’s the spirit. 

yep ... i'd be shocked if he even cracked the final 53 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4