NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jonathon Isaac 2022-2023

7 hours ago, dino10k said:

Does he start?

I am sure he will start when he is completely healthy. Because Isaac is better than Wagner or Banchero. But I can't answer to question: is he completely healthy when season starts?

10 hours ago, dino10k said:

How the hell are you supposed to predict what this guy is going to do?? Does he start? Does he come off bench? Is he a Center? Power Forward? Small Forward? Does he play more than 50 games?.......He has not played for something like almost 2 years?....Ok....I'll predict 11.8 points....4.8 rebounds ...0.8 steals ...1.3 blks...53 games played...25.1 minutes per game.....Just as good a guess as any.

Inshallah

Video surfaced on Sunday of Jonathan Isaac looking quick and explosive in a summer workout.

Good news! Bye-bye, Paolo Banchero, at least for one season. Isaac is one of my big favorite. Robert Covington has similar stats, but I like only Isaac. I hope he is available in 4th round.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, apatas said:

Video surfaced on Sunday of Jonathan Isaac looking quick and explosive in a summer workout.

Good news! Bye-bye, Paolo Banchero, at least for one season. Isaac is one of my big favorite. Robert Covington has similar stats, but I like only Isaac. I hope he is available in 4th round.

Bye bye Paolo? If anything, Isaac would allow Paolo to thrive. However, the Magic are not going to let Isaac roadblock Paolo by letring Isaac take his minutes.

1 hour ago, apatas said:

I like Isaac but someone would have to be nucking futs to draft Isaac in the third.  

• Haha 1

I bought Isaac in dynasty for potentially two meaningless late second round picks so I’ve been tracking Isaac.  Also, I have friends with Magic press passes, was going to get one myself but too lazy since Covid.  Anyway, Orlando is the team I know the most about and yeah Isaac looks good.  I bet he plays 25 mpg and gets 10/6 with 3.5 stocks efficiently.  Might skip back to backs, along with other precautions.

13 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I bet he plays 25 mpg and gets 10/6 with 3.5 stocks efficiently.

Covington was 51st with 8,5/5,5 and 2,8 stocks. Isaac is near TOP30 with these stats?

Edited by apatas

If Magic management and coaches know anything about basketball, Paolo, Wagner and Suggs should be getting all the minutes they can handle.  WCJ is the one who should be worried about losing minutes to Isaac. 

Also, I will believe that Isaac is healthy when I see him on the court against other NBA players. It's been  more than  two years since the injury, even Kawhi seems to be recovering faster

39 minutes ago, apatas said:

Covington was 51st with 8,5/5,5 and 2,8 stocks. Isaac is near TOP30 with these stats?

Well he was top 30 last time he played so yeah I think he can hit top 30.  Do I project him at that?  No.  I think his minutes will be capped both due to injury and that Orlando isn’t going to try to win.  10 players will play 24 mpg 

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

If Magic management and coaches know anything about basketball, Paolo, Wagner and Suggs should be getting all the minutes they can handle.  WCJ is the one who should be worried about losing minutes to Isaac. 

Also, I will believe that Isaac is healthy when I see him on the court against other NBA players. It's been  more than  two years since the injury, even Kawhi seems to be recovering faster

Agreed also Harris injury opens up a little more minutes. He played 15% of his minutes at SF last season.

On 8/29/2022 at 5:32 AM, StifleTower2 said:

I bought Isaac in dynasty for potentially two meaningless late second round picks so I’ve been tracking Isaac.  Also, I have friends with Magic press passes, was going to get one myself but too lazy since Covid.  Anyway, Orlando is the team I know the most about and yeah Isaac looks good.  I bet he plays 25 mpg and gets 10/6 with 3.5 stocks efficiently.  Might skip back to backs, along with other precautions.

Yeah I have him in dynasty. I'm not sure I'd touch him in the top 100 in redraft this season 

Last year's burn still lingers. He's the fantasy version of chlamydia

2 hours ago, Quazza said:

Yeah I have him in dynasty. I'm not sure I'd touch him in the top 100 in redraft this season 

Last year's burn still lingers. He's the fantasy version of chlamydia

I got him 126th in our draft, at that point it’s pure dart throws. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen a video of him playing 1-on-1 (i think?) and it seems like he's ready. But now that Magic has Banchero, I'm wondering if they'll give Isaac minutes or are they getting ready to trade him. hmm....

3 hours ago, MrBean said:

I've seen a video of him playing 1-on-1 (i think?) and it seems like he's ready. But now that Magic has Banchero, I'm wondering if they'll give Isaac minutes or are they getting ready to trade him. hmm....

Im curious what orl would be targeting in return outside a pick. Trade is last on my mind

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

Im curious what orl would be targeting in return outside a pick. Trade is last on my mind

Probably no hope of a trade yet. The man lost a whole year + to injury. Even if Magic knows Isaac is good to go no one will give any value for that rn.

I'd say he gets some minutes to get some value back but if he really is that good he stays in ORL. If not that good then won't get that much value back.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He's been named on the Magic training camp roster so he should be good to go in preseason 👀

thank you brother. will get him now xD

• Like 1