NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Godwin 2022 Outlook

35 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

You made a big goof and dropped him, i would exit this thread quietly instead of stubbornly defending your mistake.

Hold on... 1 td in 10 weeks is a goof? Very low bar here sir.

Let's revisit this after he sets the league on fire. You sound like the Kyle Pitts owners when he had 1 good week in a sea of disappointment.

Maybe you play PPR and he has more value in that format... but it takes more than 1 week in 10 to toot your horn.

Looked excellent today. That sideline high point catch on Woolen was vintage Godwin. Several other tough, athletic catches in key moments. Now gets a BYE with some time to continue to rest and distance himself from that ACL tear. 

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

Let's revisit this after he sets the league on fire. You sound like the Kyle Pitts owners when he had 1 good week in a sea of disappointment.

Maybe you play PPR and he has more value in that format... but it takes more than 1 week in 10 to toot your horn.

I can understand benching him if you are deep at WR, but to drop him is insane.

34 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

20 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

His game log in standard is as follows:

Dnp

Dnp

And today... 13

He has infinitely more value in PPR than standard where his receptions are

3, DNP, DNP, 7,6,6,7,6,7,6

Enough already bruh

giphy.webp?cid=82a1493br986dpodk4ctcs0pt

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Anyone worried about the wind? Suppose to be around 20-30 mph, possibly rain as well. I could see him getting a lot of short passes. Think the weather impacts Evans more than Godwin. Just wondering if he is worth pivoting to someone like Latavius Murray or Foreman.

Murray maybe Foreman no way in hell

Definitely a bit concerned about the weather. Rain + 20 mph winds. Hopefully as it gets closer to game time, the wind dies down. Godwin should theoretically be less affected than Mike Evans because of the shorter routes, but simultaneously both teams are going to want to run the ball. Browns also have a bottom 3 run defense.

Leftwich mentioned in an interview this week that they have been easing him in most of the year, despite the snap% he's been running fairly simple routes. I remember wondering why a few weeks back why they had him just running variations of stick and out routes 90% of the time. Leftwich brought this up and said after the BYE, the playbook is pretty much open to Godwin. Back to his old role, back to the full route tree, and back to dominating the target share.

Looked good despite the loss. I'm not so sure losing Wirfs is a benefit to him though, that might just downgrade the entire offense. Hopefully the OL can hold up the rest of the way.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, harck said:

oked good despite the loss. I'm not so sure losing Wirfs is a benefit to him though, that might just downgrade the entire offense. Hopefully the OL can hold up the rest of the way.

Losing Wirfs is definitely a huge blow for them. Their line has been trash and he’s been one of the only bright spots. Tough. Fortunately should still be okay for Godwin but bad for the run game and overall offense almost undoubtedly. Blah!