NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mark Andrews 2022 Outlook

• 3 weeks later...

hoping this is just a vet rest day....

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Andrews isn't practicing Wednesday, Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com reports.

The official practice report Wednesday afternoon will reveal if Andrews is dealing with an injury or just being rested for maintenance. He eclipsed 90 percent snap share for a fourth straight game this past Sunday against the Giants, posting a 7-106-1 receiving line in the 24-20 loss.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, herschel said:

hoping this is just a vet rest day....

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Andrews isn't practicing Wednesday, Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com reports.

The official practice report Wednesday afternoon will reveal if Andrews is dealing with an injury or just being rested for maintenance. He eclipsed 90 percent snap share for a fourth straight game this past Sunday against the Giants, posting a 7-106-1 receiving line in the 24-20 loss.

Yup its just dudesday. Tomorrow and Friday's reports will be more telling.

Of course I have Taysom as my TE2. Fantasy Gods finding new ways to mess with my head.

Seems odd Harbaugh would call it a "rest day" Wednesday and follow that up with another missed practice. Anyone know if Harbaugh talks to the press today too ? Hoping for more details before tonight's game.

5 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Of course I have Taysom as my TE2. Fantasy Gods finding new ways to mess with my head.

Seems odd Harbaugh would call it a "rest day" Wednesday and follow that up with another missed practice. Anyone know if Harbaugh talks to the press today too ? Hoping for more details before tonight's game.

What I'm thinking is:

1.) If there was some significant problem with the knee, something that might keep him out of a game, I think it's unlikely Harbaugh would have gone with "rest day" to the media on Wednesday in the first place.

2.) Really generally speaking, Wed and Th practices for most teams are play install and timing, Friday is the dress rehearsal typically, and so this still may he NBD.

3.) What this may result in is less than 100% snap share, but limited snap share from Andrews is probably still a better bet than full snap share from any TE not named Kelce.

I doubt you are likely to get a fully satisfying answer til Sun at 11:30, so if you want the sure thing go with Hill now, but if it were me I would wait and worst case scenario see if I need to find a way to get a third option into the lineup.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

With the current/typical state of TE's. Is LIkely a simple answer here? Pick up Likely so that if Andrews is out you have a pass catching TE to replace him with similar opportunity, of course not similar talent.

That's of course the answer if you have the roster flexibility...I need a James Conner answer tonight in order to get Likely. Hoping no one swoops in.

20 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

What I'm thinking is:

1.) If there was some significant problem with the knee, something that might keep him out of a game, I think it's unlikely Harbaugh would have gone with "rest day" to the media on Wednesday in the first place.

2.) Really generally speaking, Wed and Th practices for most teams are play install and timing, Friday is the dress rehearsal typically, and so this still may he NBD.

3.) What this may result in is less than 100% snap share, but limited snap share from Andrews is probably still a better bet than full snap share from any TE not named Kelce.

I doubt you are likely to get a fully satisfying answer til Sun at 11:30, so if you want the sure thing go with Hill now, but if it were me I would wait and worst case scenario see if I need to find a way to get a third option into the lineup.

Something is up and I don't like it. I'm hoping it is mostly rest/precaution due to the fact that they have so many injured players and need Andrews. But a DNP is not good. Limited would have been much better.

If Andrews is out I'm willing to give Likely a shot. Is it ideal - no, but they don't really have much else for pass catchers and Likely has gotten 4, 5 and 4 targets in 3 games already this year. Lamar is comfortable throwing to the TE so hopefully Likely can slide right in. They never ask Andrews to pass block so Likely could just fill in for Andrews and run all/most of his routes. It is risky as we haven't see how things will work if Andrews misses time but I will probably take my chances with Likely.

43 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Something is up and I don't like it. I'm hoping it is mostly rest/precaution due to the fact that they have so many injured players and need Andrews. But a DNP is not good. Limited would have been much better.

If Andrews is out I'm willing to give Likely a shot. Is it ideal - no, but they don't really have much else for pass catchers and Likely has gotten 4, 5 and 4 targets in 3 games already this year. Lamar is comfortable throwing to the TE so hopefully Likely can slide right in. They never ask Andrews to pass block so Likely could just fill in for Andrews and run all/most of his routes. It is risky as we haven't see how things will work if Andrews misses time but I will probably take my chances with Likely.

I would caution against getting too alarmed before Friday. 

These guys have an unreal rapport and missing both Wednesday and Thursday would not be unheard of in such a situation. 

Friday is where they go through the first 15 to 20 plays, he misses that one, then I'd get your backup in most standard sized leagues.

• Like 1

Also of note, Marcus Peters is listed as "rest" and DNP'd yesterday and today.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/injury-report/

I tend to doubt that Peters misses the game if he doesn't have a specific part of the body that is listed in ailment.

Perhaps they just rested these guys both Wednesday and Thursday because they are playing a divisional opponent they are super familar with, are dealing with guys who are essential and know the game plan, and don't want them banging helmets until Friday.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Hill got the score and I hope what I said didn't lead you astray, but I think this will work out.

I didn't start Hill, And that league leans more production > TD so I think it will work out for me as well.

• Like 1