Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who to keep? Javonte Williams or Michael Thomas


Recommended Posts

Hey guys looking for some help. 10 team full PPR league. Q/W/W/R/R/F/T/D

We get to keep one player at a two round penalty to the position we drafted them in. 

I drafted Javonte Williams in the 7th round (would have to surrender my 5th).

I drafted Michael Thomas in the 11th round (would have to surrender my 9th).

Before the Broncos picked up MGIII contract this was a slam dunk, no brainer. 

 

What are your thoughts? WHIR 100%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want anything to do with Thomas so this is easy for me - Williams. Williams is still a good value for a 5th and locks in a starting RB for you. Even with sharing the backfield with Gordon I think Williams is still a good RB, one I expect to slowly increase his snaps and touches as the season goes on. This offense will be a lot better with Wilson and I think that will lead to a lot more quality touches for Williams and more scoring opportunities.

I wonder, 2 years later, why Thomas still isn't 100% and still not fully practicing. I'm out on him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Halversr said:

I drafted Javonte Williams in the 7th round (would have to surrender my 5th).

I drafted Michael Thomas in the 11th round (would have to surrender my 9th).

If these are the only 2 options, then Williams. I want nothing to do with Thomas, even at that low cost.

But if those are the only 2 options, then you're screwed. What is the full list?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

If these are the only 2 options, then Williams. I want nothing to do with Thomas, even at that low cost.

But if those are the only 2 options, then you're screwed. What is the full list?

I don't think he is screwed. He's still getting Javonte at a discount 5th round vs 3rd and I assume he still has his picks in the rounds 1-4.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I don't think he is screwed. He's still getting Javonte at a discount 5th round vs 3rd and I assume he still has his picks in the rounds 1-4.

Yeah good point. I do think Javonte (who I am a fan of btw) is overdrafted though, given his situation, but I see that he is now even going at 2nd round price so then a 5th is a bargain.

Even more, I made a list of candidates that would probably be interesting to keep under those rules (based on 2021 ADP - 2 rounds vs 2022 ADP ), and he's there and one of the higher picks, so that's fine:

PLAYER    .......................2021    2022
Cooper Kupp    .............57    ........3
Ja'Marr Chase    ...........78    ........10
D'Andre Swift    ............38    ........13
Javonte Williams    ......48   .........15
Deebo Samuel    ..........95    .......16
Mark Andrews    ...........51    .......26
Leonard Fournette    ..88    ......31
Tee Higgins    ................73    .......33
Justin Herbert    ..........63    .......37
Michael Thomas    .......72    .......42
James Conner    ..........93    ......43
Michael Pittman Jr.   ...96    .......51
Jalen Hurts    ................99    ......63

Even better, Thomas is also part of that list, but I still wouldn't pick him.
 

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a third option, thinking about it now, its not bad. I do have Tee Higgins with whom was drafted in the 6th round. I would be able to keep him with sacrificing my 4th round pick.

 

I like the chart you shared and it kind of lays out the order of priority as Williams, Higgins, Thomas for my three choices.

 

Thanks all! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Halversr said:

I have a third option, thinking about it now, its not bad. I do have Tee Higgins with whom was drafted in the 6th round. I would be able to keep him with sacrificing my 4th round pick.

 

I like the chart you shared and it kind of lays out the order of priority as Williams, Higgins, Thomas for my three choices.

 

Thanks all! 

Higgins is a good option too. It is close for me as I do really like Williams and the value is quite good for the RB. I usually lean towards going RB with my keepers when I can, and it makes sense, as getting the good ones can be tough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Thomas has had an ankle injury since 2020 and is still on the PUP list to start training camp.    I won’t own him in any leagues.  Williams is splitting time with Gordon but he’s been very productive when he’s out there and if anything happened to Gordon, Williams instantly has top 3 overall RB upside.  Williams easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...