NBC Sports EDGE Forums

6/29 - GAME DAY THREAD

9 minutes ago, jwblue said:

Wonder if the Yanks are going to a 6 man rotation.  Taillon already being hit hard.

Secretsoxfan is going to say something here about how the Yanks suck, blah blah, etc.  he’s just not a reliable resource.  They don’t seem to be transferring to a 5-man - I will kindly step in as an actual informed fan.

• Like 1

Paredes pinch hit for by a .185 hitter wow. If there is no injury then it is a Will Smith slap. He started batting 3rd! He did have 2 bad ABs, but still.

PS, .185 PH ks on 3 pitches hahahaha.

-------

Irvin grooving FBs down the middle to Stanton but getting away with it. Then he spots one on the edge and Stanton takes it out to RF. What's going on here.

Edited by papasmurf

Just now, papasmurf said:

Paredes pinch hit for by a .185 hitter wow. If there is no injury then it is a Will Smith slap. He started batting 3rd! He did have 2 bad ABs, but still.

I am out.

• Like 1

Verlander has.5ks but has had almost every hitter with 2 strikes at some point in the ABs. Put them away JV!  Totally in command today

Edited by CardiacDO

WTF is going on in the Nats/Pirates game?

Josh Bell catches a line drive at first. Runners DON'T tag up, and the Nats tag another runner for what should've been an inning ending double play.

But the umps awarded the Pirates a run, despite that runner not tagging up on the line drive out? 

This is absurd

2 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Both are up now. They are carting Alvarez off the field. Might have a concussion is my guess 

F***!

Just now, CardiacDO said:

Both are up now. They are carting Alvarez off the field. Might have a concussion is my guess 

He basically took a punch to the face from Pena's arm as Pena gloved the flyball and they collided.

He kept rubbing his nose, so that was the impact spot. Better spot than back of head, no? We'll see. I'm optimistic he might be okay, for the most part. But they'll test him.

1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

He basically took a punch to the face from Pena's arm as Pena gloved the flyball and they collided.

He kept rubbing his nose, so that was the impact spot. Better spot than back of head, no? We'll see. I'm optimistic he might be okay, for the most part. But they'll test him.

Nothing will keep Yordan down (I hope,  please baseball gods, pretty please,  please,  please!!!)😬

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, D3C4K said:

Am I hearing correctly, that every hit Giancarlo Stanton has had in his last 15 games has been a home run? He now has a homer in 5 of his last 6 games.

I thought it was the entire month.  I checked it's something like 8 out of 11 hits have been home runs in June.

9 minutes ago, D3C4K said:

Am I hearing correctly, that every hit Giancarlo Stanton has had in his last 15 games has been a home run? He now has a homer in 5 of his last 6 games.

Not counting today, but for June he has ten hits and seven home runs...

Last 15 games (not counting today), eight hits with six home runs...