NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Darnell Mooney 2022 Outlook

1 minute ago, buzzkilloton said:

Bears number one WRs that went completely MIA with the crap offense its deja vu 

Sorry, let me try to explain better for you.  I understand the similarities between the two from a production standpoint, I was trying to point out the difference between the two from a draft standpoint.

I'm saying that A.Robs down season wasn't predictable, at least not by anything I was aware of or recall seeing\hearing\reading.

Just now, FFCollusion said:

Sorry, let me try to explain better for you.  I understand the similarities between the two from a production standpoint, I was trying to point out the difference between the two from a draft standpoint.

I'm saying that A.Robs down season wasn't predictable, at least not by anything I was aware of or recall seeing\hearing\reading.

Ok so you get my point but want to try to have a straw man argument about something I didnt even say. 

I completely get that Arobs bust season was less predictable. That shows up in the players draft ADPs being over two rounds diff during said bust season. 

4 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

Ok so you get my point but want to try to have a straw man argument about something I didnt even say. 

I completely get that Arobs bust season was less predictable. That shows up in the players draft ADPs being over two rounds diff during said bust season. 

FFCollusion is typing... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

FFCollusion is typing... 

Ofc he is this is the normal thing he does with everyone on the forum. You make a statement that is pretty a broad statement 95% of posters get it but he needs to strawman it. We all know Arob was drafted to be a WR2 last year and Mooney was more of a low end WR3 were all hard core players here. The point is simple the Bears crap offense is ruining a potential impact player on a fantasy team. We dont need to debate FFcollusions personal rankings.

• Haha 1

Just now, buzzkilloton said:

If you "completely get it" then why are you trying to start an argument with me?

There's no strawman, there's no debate.  I didn't dispute a single thing you said. You're making up transgressions in your mind.

I was piggybacking off your statement and adding that the only difference is Mooney was predictably a bust (way too early to say) and A.Robs came out of nowhere.  You pointed out the similarities, I added the difference.  That's it.

How do you survive on the internet being so sensitive and constantly looking for reasons to fight and be offended?

Slow down, take a breath, and try comprehending what you're reading.

5 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

If you "completely get it" then why are you trying to start an argument with me?

There's no strawman, there's no debate.  I didn't dispute a single thing you said. You're making up transgressions in your mind.

I was piggybacking off your statement and adding that the only difference is Mooney was predictably a bust (way too early to say) and A.Robs came out of nowhere.  You pointed out the similarities, I added the difference.  That's it.

How do you survive on the internet being so sensitive and constantly looking for reasons to fight and be offended?

Slow down, take a breath, and try comprehending what you're reading.

image.jpeg.c4047e57a382abaf6a0510f8778cf3d7.jpeg

Edited by buzzkilloton
  • Haha 1

I think this is all of our faults just a little bit. 

The biggest thing this off-season we all hyped up Mooney and Kmet about were targets, target share, and evacuated targets. 

It's all beautiful logic and made perfect sense... 

If this was last years QB. 

I know I didn't bother deep diving into Andy Dalton starts VS Justin fields VS Nick Foles and just lumped them all together. 

FATAL FING FLAW. 

Justin Fields is a bust and can't throw the football. I should've just deep dived into his starts cause I bet during his starts no one was fantasy worthy. 

This is worse than demaryius Thomas and Tom Tebow. This is fade the whole team level while fields is QB until he's benched. 

From this day forward I will NEVER draft players from a bust QB that can't throw again. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The baffling thing is how much worse the Fields-Mooney connection is than last season.

Mooney's 2021 per game stats where Fields started and finished the game: 6.2 targets, 3.4 receptions, 48.9 yards, 0.222 TDs. Throw in his 0.33 carries per game and he averaged 7.6 fantasy PPG. These two games in 2022 he's averaging 0.7 fantasy PPG. 

There's no reason why Mooney's production should be worse than last year w/Fields. We were justified in expecting at least some progression in the Fields-Mooney connection and instead it has utterly collapsed. 

• Like 2

I really thought Kmet would have been a nice pickup as TEs tend to be a great security blanket for young QBs, but Mooney was an obvious fade imo.... But this is bad and I agree Fields is a bust and probably Lance as well....

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Buy low for nothing...they need to get Fields pass attempts up to 30...nowhere to go but up I guess lol 

Or just wait for the drops on Tuesday and Wednesday 

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

The baffling thing is how much worse the Fields-Mooney connection is than last season.

Mooney's 2021 per game stats where Fields started and finished the game: 6.2 targets, 3.4 receptions, 48.9 yards, 0.222 TDs. Throw in his 0.33 carries per game and he averaged 7.6 fantasy PPG. These two games in 2022 he's averaging 0.7 fantasy PPG. 

There's no reason why Mooney's production should be worse than last year w/Fields. We were justified in expecting at least some progression in the Fields-Mooney connection and instead it has utterly collapsed. 

Exactly

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

come on its week 2. Too early for callouts

Calling who out?

I told him to come tell them to calm down.  The literal opposite of a call out.

Just like I did with my Najee and A.Rob calls.  If you drive train, you need to grab the intercom and calm down the passengers when the ride gets bumpy.

Edited by FFCollusion
  • Like 1

Why is anyone shocked by an awful start? 

He played a tough matchup in a monsoon then followed it up vs 1 of the best/deepest trios of CB in the league 

or drop the guy who will lead his team in targets and graded top 10-20 in various metrics among all WRs last year … not really sure who would even be on waivers worth the drop but if you’re in 8-10 team leagues do whatever you want because it doesn’t matter, they’ll always be options on the wire

Toney, cut your losses he doesn’t have the mental processing ability to execute the offense. Mooney, hold. Or don’t, whatever. 

This is a game where Flacco, Zander Harvath,  Corey Davis outscored Burrow, Conner, Chase … only thing more ridiculous is the fact people pretend this game requires more “skill” than luck to win. 

RBBCs everywhere, 3WR sets watering down the advantage of a WR1 week to week … yawn. 

Mooney - from a data driven perspective - was 1 of the 20 best WRs in the NFL last year and in line for a top 10 target share this year … welcome to fantasy football, where wormholes of data analysis ends up meaning … not much. 

I dunno if I say I'm shocked by Moonster's rough start. I'd say more dissappointed that the Fields connection which should have grown appears to be providing a floor of less than zero. 

Will there be better weeks? Hopefully sometime soon. I'm not dumping him. But he's gota long way to go to catch up to other wrs around where he was drafted.

But 2 targets last night...not sure I can find an excuse for that. The one he caught resulted in - points. The other he was overthrown by at least 5 yards. 

Screenshot 2022-09-19 10.49.49 AM.png

Edited by gsiegel