NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Darnell Mooney 2022 Outlook

• 2 weeks later...

https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bears/wr-darnell-mooney-played-injured-2021/amp/

According to Grote, Mooney also noted he didn’t feel 100% until the team reconvened for OTAs in spring of 2022.

Honestly don't know a ton about Mooney as a player.  Would rather watch paint dry than any Bears passing offense of the past...well, I guess ever.  But if Fields is just competent, this guy should be producing on a ton of volume this year.

14 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Question for you guys -

Would you rather have a talented #1 WR on a bad team, or a talented #2 WR on a good team?  All else being equal.

I’d rather go with Mooney and his unquestioned #1 role with a ton of garbage time than Robinson in L.A, but wouldn’t fault anyone for going with the #2 on the Chargers or Rams. 

Higgins and Williams/Allen are probably the only #2’s I’d think of taking over Mooney, personally. 

21 hours ago, Rosenburger said:

I’d rather go with Mooney and his unquestioned #1 role with a ton of garbage time than Robinson in L.A, but wouldn’t fault anyone for going with the #2 on the Chargers or Rams. 

Higgins and Williams/Allen are probably the only #2’s I’d think of taking over Mooney, personally. 

FWIW, Higgins, Pittman, and Mike Williams are basically the exact same player statistically 

I really like Mooney for a safe WR2.  Yes, he could go off, but I'm not banking on it.  I'm banking on average WR2 numbers, and that's a really good thing to have on your team to pair with someone that can go off because they've shown it, but we don't know if it'll be consistent.  Like a Gabe Davis or Allen Robinson type.

Disclaimer, this is assuming you went heavy running back in the draft.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kretzschmar said:

I really like Mooney for a safe WR2.  Yes, he could go off, but I'm not banking on it.  I'm banking on average WR2 numbers, and that's a really good thing to have on your team to pair with someone that can go off because they've shown it, but we don't know if it'll be consistent.  Like a Gabe Davis or Allen Robinson type.

Disclaimer, this is assuming you went heavy running back in the draft.

Agree completely.  This is a guy that probably won’t win your week but won’t lose it either.  It’s not a bad thing to have some safe plays in your lineup.  In PPR anyway.  In non I wouldn’t feel great about starting him.  

• Like 1

The Bears despite their pre season success will have a below average offense... That's my one hesitation on Mooney, but he's going in the 7th / 8th round area in drafts so there's still a lot of value there.  St Brown is going in the 5th / 6th round.  I like St Brown but I think I'd rather wait the 2+ rounds to take Mooney.

13 minutes ago, PRoSPx said:

The Bears despite their pre season success will have a below average offense... That's my one hesitation on Mooney, but he's going in the 7th / 8th round area in drafts so there's still a lot of value there.  St Brown is going in the 5th / 6th round.  I like St Brown but I think I'd rather wait the 2+ rounds to take Mooney.

Take both! Ideal WR2 and WR3 on your team with tons of upside, minimal downside. Better values than the 3rd and 4th rounders IMO. NFC North could have sneaky shootouts this year- none of their defenses seem elite and the offenses could put up points. Bears are being written off a bit too quickly. 

33 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Take both! Ideal WR2 and WR3 on your team with tons of upside, minimal downside. Better values than the 3rd and 4th rounders IMO. NFC North could have sneaky shootouts this year- none of their defenses seem elite and the offenses could put up points. Bears are being written off a bit too quickly. 

I have gotten both in a few leagues where St Brown fell a little below his ADP to me.  Both are in great positions to show some really strong growth this year.

On 9/6/2022 at 10:02 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

No worry about Mooney not doing near as well with Fields under center vs Dalton last year? I mean accurate QB's mean a lot!

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I think there are far more positives working in his favor this year, I was excited to get him as my WR3 after a RB/RB build.

Despite having to lock horns with Alexander/GB twice his schedule is very friendly.

It seems like we have a lot of the same guys. Especially the high upside lower picks. Njoku, Elijah Moore, Mooney. I hope your football analysis is as good as your pitcher analysis 😂

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Sat mooney with foles bc of snow last year during the playoffs...it cost me a championship. Weather is overrated most times. 

It really is. But damn, first week and we’re already talking about an inch of rain and wind making a massive difference. For f--- sake.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, beerfish said:

3 inches of rain already, 2 more inches expected. 
It’s a game of inches. 
Doesn’t look windy at all though. 

Yeah this field is going to be a disaster. There is already water pooling up in spots. Love me some Mooney and this could benefit him against DBs but I hate the uncertainty of it. This game could finish with a score of 10-3. Damien Harris might be entering my flex before kickoff