NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who to drop to activate J. Polanco?

12-team, H2H, standard 5x5 redraft league. 

need to activate Polanco but having a hard time deciding on who to drop.  I’m kinda leaning towards Kirilloff or Donovan.  All your opinions are appreciated! 

C- Varsho

1B- Walker 

2B- Donovan 

3B- Devers 

SS- Adames 

OFs- Trout, Ward, Hays 

UTIL- Vaughn, Pham

Bench- Kirilloff 

IL- Haniger, Polanco

SPs- Taillon , Darvish, Severino, Giolito, Sandoval, Montas, Cobb

RPs- Doval, Bard, Robertson, Helsley, Scott

IL- McCullers 

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Kirilloff or Scott. Scott is just as likely to hurt vs. Help

Same was said about Bard before he turned out to be solid.  I would rather give Scott a try and hope he excels in a similar way. Kirilloff and his wrist are a risk and now I’m not sure if he’s going to start vs lefties since he’s sitting the second game. 

I'd go Kirilloff here. Agree w/ your assessment on Tanner Scott. Stick with Scott until the wheels come off.  You have some depth in 1B/OF plus Kirilloff was pinch hit for when a lefty came in today's game.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Same was said about Bard before he turned out to be solid.  I would rather give Scott a try and hope he excels in a similar way. Kirilloff and his wrist are a risk and now I’m not sure if he’s going to start vs lefties since he’s sitting the second game. 

He could be better than Bard, but in H2H, he may get 2 chances a week at a SV, Marlins are not that good. So he could hurt other categories if he is just a bit off.

And the difference with Bard is he has been in high pressure/save situations before. Scott has not. And Scott at this moment has an ERA over 4. In last 2 weeks ERA over 4, last month ERA over 4. He has had 1 good week, and that was THREE INNINGS. He is the different guy they have used, and he also would be a trade candidate if he does keep pitching well. 

And he was also the 2nd person I wrote. And what I said doesn't change, he IS just as likely to hurt than help. That is his track record. 

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

He could be better than Bard, but in H2H, he may get 2 chances a week at a SV, Marlins are not that good. So he could hurt other categories if he is just a bit off.

And the difference with Bard is he has been in high pressure/save situations before. Scott has not. And Scott at this moment has an ERA over 4. In last 2 weeks ERA over 4, last month ERA over 4. He has had 1 good week, and that was THREE INNINGS. He is the different guy they have used, and he also would be a trade candidate if he does keep pitching well. 

And he was also the 2nd person I wrote. And what I said doesn't change, he IS just as likely to hurt than help. That is his track record. 

But, he just needs your love 😂.  I appreciate the opinion though.  He is my worst closer for sure, but my league hoards all closers and potential backups, so it’s nice to be able to have 5 guys who can get saves.