Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Is dropping Salvador Perez a mistake?


Recommended Posts

I'm in a league with only one IL spot and there are so many players on IL in real life. I read that Perez is going to be out for at least 2 months. At first, I put him in my IL spot but I'm going to need to pick up another potential closer with Jansen out so I was thinking about putting Jansen on IL and dropping Perez. I'm starting Nola at catcher currently. Alfaro and Moreno are available as well along with a couple other sort of okay options. There's not a whole lot out there. I'm not sure if any of that matters. Is Perez droppable for the moment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Guchman said:

I'm in a league with only one IL spot and there are so many players on IL in real life. I read that Perez is going to be out for at least 2 months. At first, I put him in my IL spot but I'm going to need to pick up another potential closer with Jansen out so I was thinking about putting Jansen on IL and dropping Perez. I'm starting Nola at catcher currently. Alfaro and Moreno are available as well along with a couple other sort of okay options. There's not a whole lot out there. I'm not sure if any of that matters. Is Perez droppable for the moment?

You need to say whether it is keeper/dynasty/redraft. That will def make a difference in your answers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

You need to say whether it is keeper/dynasty/redraft. That will def make a difference in your answers

12 team H2H points redraft. 6 bench spots and 1 IL aside from all the starters. The league drafted mid-season but all the matchups were retroactively scored so I started in last place. I've worked my way up to 8th place and I'm now 4 games back from 1st place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Guchman said:

12 team H2H points redraft. 6 bench spots and 1 IL aside from all the starters. The league drafted mid-season but all the matchups were retroactively scored so I started in last place. I've worked my way up to 8th place and I'm now 4 games back from 1st place.

In a redraft, I don't think it is the worst idea. BUT, you never know with Jansen either. This news RIGHT NOW is encouraging, but its not an INJURY.

And there would seem to be no reason why one of the teams in front of you wouldn't pick Sal up for the stretch run. If it were me, I would drop Nola for one of the other Catchers if you don't like him and hold both Jansen and Perez for now. Most catchers aren't going to help you a lot in H2H anyway (Sal, Smith, Kirk, Varsho, etc being the exception). You are just as likely to get a week where they hurt instead of help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some people think KC won't bother getting him back in the lineup or shut him down, since he'll be on IL for so long and KC isn't paying for anything. That and Melendez being around now. 

Personally I feel KC will certainly get him back in the lineup soon as they possibly can. Whether that's less than 8 weeks if Sal gets ahead of schedule or more close to the 8 weeks we've read about. He's the best player on the team, a fan favorite and one of the only draws to see KC play. I just can't see KC shutting him down rest of season. 

I ended up dropping him on a 8 team redraft with 4 IL spots. I had my IL spots filled up with good players who'd be back sooner than Sal and would help my team more. It was a tough call to drop him. At 8 weeks he'd possibly be back by the 2nd to last week of regular season and should be back for the playoffs. I can imagine Sal coming back and having a great week or two where he can still make a big impact, especially in playoffs having his power potential from the catcher spot. 

In your case with 1 IL spot in a 12 teamer that's just sadistic lol. Whoever the league commissioner is a tool to only set it up with 1 IL spot. Kenley could be back before Sal, from the reports we hear might not be out too long. But some think he'll be out quite a bit longer, who knows. He should still likely be back before Sal and contribute. 

Normally I'd say in a 12 team another owner would pick Sal up, but with just the 1 IL spot I imagine other owners have a great player already in their IL slot. So maybe in your league Sal hangs around for a bit, especially if your free agents is rich on other good players that are also on the IL. 

Edited by tonywow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...