NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Summer 2022 trade rumors

I do not get why the Spurs are shopping Dejounte Murray. 

-He's only 25, so I do think he fits the team's timeline

-He had a breakout year and became a first time all-star

-I think the Spurs are close to being a consistent playoff team again (within a couple of years, which is still Murray's prime)

Now if they can get a king's ransom, then go ahead and entertain offers.  HOWVER, the rumor (yes, I know it's just a rumor) of a deal around Gallo and several 1st round picks would be a terrible trade for them since most (if not all) of those picks would likely be in the 20s.  As a Raptors fan, I would trade anyone aside from Barnes or Siakam to get Murray (I do think he had a better season than FVV this year).

1 hour ago, jmoney23 said:

I do not get why the Spurs are shopping Dejounte Murray. 

-He's only 25, so I do think he fits the team's timeline

Victor Wembanyama  is the reason.

Spurs are doing proper tear down and building from scratch now that they realize they can't rebuild  on the fly.   Murray is really good and Spurs are doing the right thing by selling high. He will also be 26 in September and his timeline is not aligned with youngsters on the roster (Spurs have five players that are 21 or younger and Johnson is 22)

Murray with Raptors would be awesome though. Make it happen Massai, trade FVV for picks and get Murray

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Victor Wembanyama  is the reason.

People that don't follow prospects need to understand how special he is. This season is going to be an all time tank job by a third of the league. Generational talent is thrown around all the time but it's not a word I use often. That being said, this guy is a generational talent in every sense of the word.

The guy is 7' 3". His frame isn't crazy skinny either. Yes, he needs to put on weight like every other tall prospect but he isn't like Holmgrem who is a flat out stick. The guy is an absolutely elite rim protector. He can also step out and guard forwards. At 7' 3". He can run the ball up the court, hit step back 3s, has great vision, has great touch around the rim, AND HE'S 7' 3". 

Going to be fascinating to watch teams role out G league squads.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

People that don't follow prospects need to understand how special he is. This season is going to be an all time tank job by a third of the league. Generational talent is thrown around all the time but it's not a word I use often. That being said, this guy is a generational talent in every sense of the word.

The guy is 7' 3". His frame isn't crazy skinny either. Yes, he needs to put on weight like every other tall prospect but he isn't like Holmgrem who is a flat out stick. The guy is an absolutely elite rim protector. He can also step out and guard forwards. At 7' 3". He can run the ball up the court, hit step back 3s, has great vision, has great touch around the rim, AND HE'S 7' 3". 

Going to be fascinating to watch teams role out G league squads.

Speaking of Victor, there is already a lot of chatter about how OKC is prepared for another massive tank, and therefore the fantasy value for SGA and company should be significantly discounted in anticipation of sitting down post all-star break.  While these concerns may be valid, why wouldn't fantasy managers need to have similar concerns around players on Houston, Orlando, or any other team not clearly aiming for a play-in spot.  Last season, Portland's late season tank was spectacular, and no one really saw that coming, so there could be a surprise team or two entering the Victor sweepstakes.  Having said that, I'm not sure you can just avoid any good player on a non-playoff team.  It will be very interesting to see how this will be priced in (either in terms of rounds or auction $) in the fall, but clearly Victor is going to have an impact in fantasy before he is even in the league.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HRHoops2 said:

Speaking of Victor, there is already a lot of chatter about how OKC is prepared for another massive tank, and therefore the fantasy value for SGA and company should be significantly discounted in anticipation of sitting down post all-star break.  While these concerns may be valid, why wouldn't fantasy managers need to have similar concerns around players on Houston, Orlando, or any other team not clearly aiming for a play-in spot.  Last season, Portland's late season tank was spectacular, and no one really saw that coming, so there could be a surprise team or two entering the Victor sweepstakes.  Having said that, I'm not sure you can just avoid any good player on a non-playoff team.  It will be very interesting to see how this will be priced in (either in terms of rounds or auction $) in the fall, but clearly Victor is going to have an impact in fantasy before he is even in the league.

Yeah, not to mention the players from really good teams too if they clinch a spot early or are just generally cruising.

I think it is more or less impossible to build a team out of only guys who are on "good not great" teams.

Best you can do I think is maintain flexibility and strike the wire quick when needed.

I actually really like Brunson's fit on the Knicks if he does go there. They were dying so bad for a playmaker that they were starting Burks at PG and all he could do was average 3 asts lol.

I feel like Brunson can easily get 18 and 7 on the Knicks. His real lack of steals and three's will probably keep him out of the top 50 though. That is unless he improves at least his threes this offseason. It would also help him a lot if the Knicks can replace Reddish or Fournier for a better 3 and D wing.

• Like 1

I am actually the opposite, if Brunson signs with the Knicks I will stay away in fantasy.   His efficiency will go down, I don't  think that without Luka he can  get close to 50% FG.  18 and 7 with weak steals does not interest me. I will let others draft Brunson

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

I am actually the opposite, if Brunson signs with the Knicks I will stay away in fantasy.   His efficiency will go down, I don't  think that without Luka he can  get close to 50% FG.  18 and 7 with weak steals does not interest me. I will let others draft Brunson

Yea he won't get 50%, that's for sure, but he might shoot more threes. If he can get 1.8 threes while still maintaining at least 45% then I still don't think it's that much of a loss.

It's also important to remember he'll be playing for Thibs, and we all know he likes running his young stars into the ground. Heck, Barrett averaged 35 mins last season. Plus, in just 30 mins per game when Doncic was injured, Brunson averaged 16 and 6. He also has a solid assist/to ratio as well, so that will help his value in roto. So yea, his steals will probably be nonexistent, but the rest should look pretty good. 

If he's available outside the top 60 then it would be great value.

8 hours ago, jay_00 said:

If he's available outside the top 60 then it would be great value.

For me, it will be outside top 90.  If he is available  after 90 (he won't be, hype train has already started) he would be good value.

Anything higher and you are probably drafting Brunson close or above his ceiling for the next year

Anybody think Bamba could have good value in Houston? Seems like he could be about same value or a bit higher than this year if he can play a bit of PF beside Sengun and C at other times kind of like he did this year in Orlando and if the coach keeps his minutes relatively consistent.

Three first-round picks and a future pick swap is excellent return for Dejounte. Good job Spurs

Now excuse me,   I  need to move Tre Jones much  higher in my rankings for next year. Primo and Vassel will also be a good value if you can stomach low FG%

• Like 1

Am I the only one who doesn’t love Murray to the Hawks? NBA Twitter seems to mainly love it for them but it just seems like a weird fit to me to give up three 1sts and a pick swap. That’s a huge return for SanAn. Plus the Hawks gotta pay him a max. I’m not super high on that move for Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t love Murray to the Hawks? NBA Twitter seems to mainly love it for them but it just seems like a weird fit to me to give up three 1sts and a pick swap. That’s a huge return for SanAn. Plus the Hawks gotta pay him a max. I’m not super high on that move for Atlanta.

I don't like a Dejounte and Trae Young backcourt, but it's certainly an upgrade for the Hawks. Also hurts Bogdanovic's value unless they play him strictly at SF. Trae and Dejounte are no longer first round picks to me. It's definitely a weird fit to me.

• Like 1

I agree that both Dejounte and Trae lost some value in this deal. Neither has demonstrated they can play off the ball.

30 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

I don't like a Dejounte and Trae Young backcourt, but it's certainly an upgrade for the Hawks. Also hurts Bogdanovic's value unless they play him strictly at SF. Trae and Dejounte are no longer first round picks to me. It's definitely a weird fit to me.

• Like 1

Three first-round picks and a future pick swap is excellent return for Dejounte. Good job Spurs

Now excuse me,   I  need to move Tre Jones much  higher in my rankings for next year. Primo and Vassel will also be a good value if you can stomach low FG%

Im afraid the Spurs will become what OKC was last season when dozens of random guys came out of nowhere and played 40 minutes. 

Edited by Chrizz
  • Like 1

While people overdraft Brunson, I'll also be on Tre instead in the later rounds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tredford8 said:

Anybody think Bamba could have good value in Houston? Seems like he could be about same value or a bit higher than this year if he can play a bit of PF beside Sengun and C at other times kind of like he did this year in Orlando and if the coach keeps his minutes relatively consistent.

Rockets drafted Jabari Smith as well so he should technically start next to Sengun,  I want Bamba on the Lakers lol

• Like 1