NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Summer 2022 trade rumors

Season will be over soon, so let's start listing some trade rumors to keep us entertained

Let's start with OG trade rumors from "reliable" Bleacher Report 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2956628-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-toronto-raptors-forward-og-anunoby

I like the proposed trade to Utah:  OG Anunoby, Gary Trent Jr., a 2023 first-round pick swap and a 2024 first-round pick for Rudy Gobert

Scottie's response:

spacer.png

It's from https://www.instagram.com/p/CeOgDVBuPhY/

This is even worse than Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, OG Anunoby, and the 4th pick (Scottie Barnes) for Ben  Simmons

Posted (edited)

Dallas/Sac trade: Dallas receives - Harrison Barnes, Richaun Holmes Sac receives: THJ, Josh Green, 2022 1st round pick 

Spurs trade for Sexton: https://cavsnation.com/cavs-news-collin-sexton-exit-rumors-heat-up-with-spurs-reportedly-showing-interest/

https://www.sny.tv/articles/knicks-rick-brunson-assistant-coach-hire

Knicks plan on hiring Jalen Brunson's father as assistant coach 😆 

Edited by DezedandConfused

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

And Jalen will accept big fat contract from Dallas 😂

This one is a pipe dream that I want to see happening in the real life: OG for Ayton

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2022/5/31/23148524/connecting-dots-ayton-for-og-anunoby-makes-a-whole-lotta-sense-nba-trade-idea-suns-raptors

Interesting Suns upgrade Crowder to OG and obvious upgrade for Raptors at the 5.

On 6/1/2022 at 3:45 PM, Gile Pile said:

Season will be over soon, so let's start listing some trade rumors to keep us entertained

Let's start with OG trade rumors from "reliable" Bleacher Report 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2956628-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-toronto-raptors-forward-og-anunoby

I like the proposed trade to Utah:  OG Anunoby, Gary Trent Jr., a 2023 first-round pick swap and a 2024 first-round pick for Rudy Gobert

Scottie's response:

spacer.png

It's from https://www.instagram.com/p/CeOgDVBuPhY/

This is even worse than Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, OG Anunoby, and the 4th pick (Scottie Barnes) for Ben  Simmons

Holy ish. Rudy F’n Gobert is worth that much??? Holy Ish

9 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Holy ish. Rudy F’n Gobert is worth that much??? Holy Ish

That trade proposal  in the article is ridicoulous, I wouldn't trade for Gobert at all. Too many times he is been chased off the floor on the playoffs

Ayton on  the other hand...

OG rumors in the full swing.

Couple trades that I would like: 

OG for Ayton in sign and trade with Phoenix

Kuminga and Wiseman for OG

Both trades put Raptors in position to compete in 1-2 years as Scottie develops. 

His ceiling is something like this  😁spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Kuminga and Wiseman for OG

Both trades put Raptors in position to compete in 1-2 years as Scottie develops. 

His ceiling is something like this  😁spacer.png

APLOT TWIST] Anthony Edwards is the twin of his evil older brother Jimmy  Butler who betrayed the Timberwolves years ago, both are the sons of Michael  Jordan. Edwards was drafted #1 overall

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kuminga and Wiseman for OG. GTFO

His ceiling is something like this spacer.png

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Wood traded to Dallas for a first and expiring contracts.

Great move for Mavericks, they're  contenders now

I'm not entirely sold. While I never watch Wood play, the guy seems to be nearly as brittle as Porzingis. Funny that they traded away Porzingis because he's always injured and is a bit soft, and yet they trade for Wood who has missed a ton of games these last few years. Maybe he changes that now with a playoff team. I will say though that he did play the best basketball of his career when he was playing with Harden as the pick and roller for a couple months, so if he stays healthy this could work out good for them.

I feel like they needed another scoring/slashing wing like PG13, Siakam, Miles Bridges, or Ingram type of player instead of another Center. I realize none of those guys are available except possibly Siakam was. They probably didn't have enough to trade for him though so I get it.

Mavericks  have enough wings and ball handlers (DFS, Bullock, Bertans, Hardaway Jr, Brunson, Dinwiddie, Ntilkina) and clear weakness at C position (Powell, Kleber, Boban).

Wood is much better than any of them and he can shoot 3s.  It's high risk high reward move for a minimal price (26th pick).  Mavs can now play Luka with four 3 point shooters almost all the time.  This will open driving lines for Luka and he should have an impressive next season

• Like 1

Mavericks  have enough wings and ball handlers (DFS, Bullock, Bertans, Hardaway Jr, Brunson, Dinwiddie, Ntilkina) and clear weakness at C position (Powell, Kleber, Boban).

Wood is much better than any of them and he can shoot 3s.  It's high risk high reward move for a minimal price (26th pick).  Mavs can now play Luka with four 3 point shooters almost all the time.  This will open driving lines for Luka and he should have an impressive next season

Whose drafting Wood 4th round again?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Whose drafting Wood 4th round again?

seems a bit rich non punt ft. 80th 9 cat. 64 during his hot stretch with 26 usage.

wood top 30 overall punt ft is a 4th rd price worth the discount for  punt ft?

giannis/luka

lbj

siakum/gobert

wood front 4 would be interesting depending what guards are left.

Edited by colepenhagen

14 hours ago, jay_00 said:

I'm not entirely sold. While I never watch Wood play, the guy seems to be nearly as brittle as Porzingis. Funny that they traded away Porzingis because he's always injured and is a bit soft, and yet they trade for Wood who has missed a ton of games these last few years. Maybe he changes that now with a playoff team. I will say though that he did play the best basketball of his career when he was playing with Harden as the pick and roller for a couple months, so if he stays healthy this could work out good for them.

I feel like they needed another scoring/slashing wing like PG13, Siakam, Miles Bridges, or Ingram type of player instead of another Center. I realize none of those guys are available except possibly Siakam was. They probably didn't have enough to trade for him though so I get it.

Total playoff minutes of the players traded for Wood was 99 minutes. Mavs basically just gave up 26th pick for Wood. That's a win for Dallas.