NBC Sports EDGE Forums

June Top 100 SP rankings

4 hours ago, Big League Choo said:

What's McClanahan got to do to be listed as SP 1?

I mean he's obviously right there. I've pushed him higher every month than anyone I've seen, as his biggest supporters can attest to. I think he will be #2 ranked for me. I know these are month to month snapshots but innings are a slight concern with him, too. The top tier has sort of separated now:

1. Burnes 2. McClanahan 3. Cole

• Thanks 1

McClanahan is great; anyone have the slightest concern that his delivery is high effort and he’s not the biggest frame? I know it’s not worth worrying about this stuff but…

He has had TJ before so we can hope he’s in the clear for that for a while

15 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I mean he's obviously right there. I've pushed him higher every month than anyone I've seen, as his biggest supporters can attest to. I think he will be #2 ranked for me. I know these are month to month snapshots but innings are a slight concern with him, too. The top tier has sort of separated now:

This is the same for me and my dynasty ranks too.

4 minutes ago, herschel said:

waiting for july top 100 rankings to drop....

Twiddling Thumbs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Already started on it! They will drop by Thurs before I head up to God's Country for a long 4th celebration!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Innings do look like a concern for Shane. Are they going to cap him around 180ip? Have the Rays said anything publicly regarding this? 

I gotta say Strider just looks like the next dominate, and I do mean dominate pitcher from this year. I can see him get gassed throw a few back and forth outings but take that next step to being a top 10 arm next year with innings being more stretched out and more command. That kid just oozes insane talent, if anyone can take that Shane Mac step next season it's this kid for sure.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Adam_Henderson said:

I gotta say Strider just looks like the next dominate, and I do mean dominate pitcher from this year. I can see him get gassed throw a few back and forth outings but take that next step to being a top 10 arm next year with innings being more stretched out and more command. That kid just oozes insane talent, if anyone can take that Shane Mac step next season it's this kid for sure.

Yep. He checks the boxes

Elite fastball velocity? Check

Fastball swing and miss? Check 

Wicked slider? Check

Developing changeup for a viable third pitch? Check

Good organization? Check

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Thought this guy Kirby was good. The O's are lighting him up like a Christmas Tree. 

A guy can have a bad outing and still be good haha plus Baltimore is - I can’t believe I’m dating this…and underrated team. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adam_Henderson said:

I gotta say Strider just looks like the next dominate, and I do mean dominate pitcher

It males it significantly harder to not be a pedant when you follow up the typo with "and I do mean" and then repeat it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

It males it significantly harder to not be a pedant when you follow up the typo with "and I do mean" and then repeat it.

Making fun of typos with even more typos! I got a good laugh.

McKenzie and Kirby both got lit up last night, any cause for concerns there? I'm more concerned with McKenzie but at this point his HR/9 has to be inflated and likely to come back down.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1