NBC Sports EDGE Forums

June Top 100 SP rankings

Great list, still think you're a little low on McKenzie but hard to complain about much else. Love the aggressive ranking for Ashby, his stuff is as elite as it comes.

Curious where you would slot Grayson Rodriguez, assuming he gets the call in the next week or so

• Like 1

Hahahaha I skimmed past top 5 and was looking for McClanahan and he was nowhere to be found 6-30

I was like, “ok I live St Steven but is he out of his fn mind?!?!?!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Always enjoy your lists. I think Kopech has the upside to be a lot higher and know you’ve been high on L Garcia but he seems a bit lower than I expected even after a solid month.

• Thanks 1

Fun list - thanks!  No Syndergaard - ha! - just dropped him for Cabrera but would have also dropped for Liberatore at this point (though not sure I trust Liberatore yet so much as the STL fielding and bullpen).

Good list. I can’t buy in to Rodon at 6 with the injury history and the deteriorating fastball we’ve seen lately (results not velocity) but probably would only have him a few spots further down myself. 

• Like 2

Cool story bro: I traded Manoah for B Lowe and Morton. Boy do I regret now.  Needed help at 2b but didn't know the dude was dealing with a back prob. Could be a lost year.  Morton sinking back into his bad version after looking like he might be back for a couple of starts. If Lowe was healthy I wouldn't mind the trade, but now it's basically Manoah for Morton.

26 minutes ago, EWV1 said:

Fun list - thanks!  No Syndergaard - ha! - just dropped him for Cabrera but would have also dropped for Liberatore at this point (though not sure I trust Liberatore yet so much as the STL fielding and bullpen).

Ooops that was a oversight that got chopped as I was moving some stuff around. He would still be in the 70s area...even if I do not like much of what I am seeing lately. I though he could make up for the missing stuff with nearly elite command...but he might just be too hittable right now?

47 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Great list, where would you slot the injured SP aces?

Scherzer: due back around 7/1

Kershaw: due back around 6/15

Sale: due back around 7/1

Strasburg: due back around 6/8

Scherzer/deGrom/Sale would probably be listed in next month's rankings, but the other two...

46 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Great list, where would you slot the injured SP aces?

Scherzer: due back around 7/1

Kershaw: due back around 6/15

Sale: due back around 7/1

Strasburg: due back around 6/8

Max is always a top 10 lock for me (deGrom would also be somewhere in the top 3-8 overall area)

Kershaw would definitely make the top 25 space and was a bit of an oversight with a rehab assignment coming up shortly.

Sale I really don't know until we get some reports while he's out on rehab, conservatively in the top 40-50 area

Stras would be in the 70s area, sounds like he is getting close to making rehab starts. Tough to be very optimistic with him, but he's worth a shot.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Great list but Ray needs to be lower for obvious reasons. Mainly he sucks cack. 

Ray sucks in roto but is good in points because he can rack up innings and strikeouts and ratios matter a lot less in that format. For instance, in CBS points he is ranked 15th right now, exactly where St. Steven has him ranked. As a comparison, in ESPN roto Ray is 53rd.

Edited by Ace_King
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Trevor Rogers shouldnt even be on this list tbh 

Yeah he is really scuffling, no way around it. He is still showing pitch data comparable to last year but the command is just not working. I still think he will figure it out but it is rather impossible to trust him in your lineup right now. He might need a 15 day IL stint to work on things.

• Like 1

#81’s “perspective” is probably right…I just can’t get my brain to believe it. His mix looks unhittable for a couple innings…then he fires meatballs, right down broadway, for no reason. Lunacy.

Great list, sir.

• Like 1

99% agreed with last month.  

This month, not so much.

Rodon, Woodruff, Buehler, Ray, Golfito, Nola too high. Urias hasn't been top 20 for a few starts.   Could be recency bias but it is what is is.
Eovaldi seems like recency bias.  Bieber can't be top 20 with decline in stuff.   Ashby has only been good for only a handful or starts.

Sorry for disagreeing.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, meh2 said:

Great work as always. This should be a recurring (i.e. paid) column on the front page of the site and not just in the forums.

Maybe the mods could at least pin these to the front page of the baseball forums??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1